April 2018 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change - 10/14

Where my Saturdays at?

1. How many weeks along are you? How big is baby? 

2. How are you feeling? 

3. Any appointments coming up? 

4. Rants, raves, celebrations, questions? 

5. GTKY: How far have you moved away from where you grew up? Was it on purpose / Do you miss it?
History (TW/loss/child):

7/2017 -- miscarriage at 6w
5/2018 -- DS born 3 days after due date, 8lb 4oz
9/2020 -- missed miscarriage at 9w / DNC
3/2021 -- miscarriage at 8w
7/2021 -- missed miscarriage at 8w / DNC
9/2021 -- IVF cycle #1 (FET 1/25/22)

Re: Saturday Ticker Change - 10/14

• 1. How many weeks along are you? How big is baby? 
    12 weeks. Well, measuring 12+4 but I'm going with my original ticker because who knows--could be back on schedule next time, or some other random amount off. So... plum!

2. How are you feeling? 
    I think I'm rounding the corner on symptoms, but slowly. I used to feel like crap for 80% of the day, and now it's more like 40%.

Just had NT scan yesterday, so I don't have another appointment for a month, and don't have another scan for 2 months. :(

(Question): How do you all get through these longer waits between scans? I'm feeling over the moon to be past the 12 week mark and have cleared all the genetic screening. But I've also gotten used to having regular scans to reassure me. I'm also a FTM and my body doesn't seem very inclined to bump-out, so I'm worried I'm going to start feeling better, have no bump, and no scan... and kinda freak out.

(Rave): DH and I don't always have the same taste, but we are miraculously on the same page about names, and it's really nice.

5. GTKY: How far have you moved away from where you grew up? Was it on purpose / Do you miss it?
    I grew up in a generic east coast suburb, and I never planned to stay there. I followed school/work to a few different places as a young adult, some pretty far away. Now we're pretty settled in upstate NY. We didn't pick it (came here for work) but it's a really good fit. Ultimately I'm glad I left my hometown and home state, but I have to admit it's nice being driving distance from family and childhood friends.
    History (TW/loss/child):

7/2017 -- miscarriage at 6w
    5/2018 -- DS born 3 days after due date, 8lb 4oz
    9/2020 -- missed miscarriage at 9w / DNC
    3/2021 -- miscarriage at 8w
    7/2021 -- missed miscarriage at 8w / DNC
    9/2021 -- IVF cycle #1 (FET 1/25/22)

• 1. How many weeks along are you? How big is baby? 13 weeks, the size of a matchbox car

2. How are you feeling? Pretty good these days (minus having a stomach virus last week)

3. Any appointments coming up? Not until next month  

4. Rants, raves, celebrations, questions? Not this week ladies

5. GTKY: How far have you moved away from where you grew up? Was it on purpose / Do you miss it? We've moved about 15 hours from home. I miss being near family, in fact it stresses me out when I think about making plans for DD when I go into labor. 
  • Loading the player...
    13 weeks, lemon or matchbox car
    2. How are you feeling? 
    Still tired most days. But starting to feel better
    Next month
    My brother and SIL had their baby shower today so I got to spoil my nephew on the way
    Only about 30 min. 
    13 weeks size of a clown fish little nemo)

2. How are you feeling? 
     I am now trying mind over matter and telling myself I am fine.  

next month

Celebration- I have not lost any more weight this week. I up until last week was losing about 7 lbs a week from being so sick. so wahoo! 

I live about 3 miles from my childhood home and love it. my family is really close and we spend a lot of time together. awesome support and I get to spend lots of time with my nephews.
  • one of these weeks I’m going to post on time! 
    15 weeks , a navel orange

2. How are you feeling? 
     Getting some energy back! Less nauseous but still have frequent headaches.   

In a month for the anatomy scan

not that I can think of! 

we live about 12 hours away. It was for work(hubs) we definitely miss home a lot! Especially with number 3 on the way, wish we had family closer! 
  • @mdwiny I have an appointment this week. It's been 4 weeks. I'm also not bumping out yet. It's been nerve racking. Also the only other u/s I'll likely have will be the a/s

@sunshine27shy glad you haven't been as sick! 

15 wks, orange
    2. How are you feeling? 
    rlp has been sticking around
    Tuesday!
    Rant: my dog has fleas! Apparently her flea collar has not been working. She's chewed most of the hair off her upper tail and has scabby bites all over her back half. It's awful. We're taking her to the vet this week, but it's awful to know she's suffering
    We moved 5 hours away from my family a year and a half ago. We moved for a school opportunity, but now I'm taking a break from school. We really miss being near people and are trying to figure if we can move back
    14. Size of a troll doll or a kiwi. 
    2. How are you feeling? 
    Terrible. MS started last week. Plus I’ve been really sick the last two days with something respiratory. 
    MFM on Tuesday. 

I’m feeling tiny kicks more frequently now and I just love it. I didn’t feel DD until 22 or 24 weeks so I’m ecstatic about it. 

We are half an hour from my parents and sister. We live in the town that my husband grew up in and his two sisters and Mom are all within a 2 minute drive. It’s a cute town. I wish I was closer to my family but I still see them several times a week. 

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

• @Mattel so jealous of the little kicks! That's so great! 
  • 1. How many weeks along are you? How big is baby?  14 weeks.  A nectarine.

2. How are you feeling? Still pretty lousy, but slightly less lousy.  I'm so looking forward to liking food again.

3. Any appointments coming up? Nope.  Nothing til November.   NT Scan went well and all my genetic testing came back good, so I'm really relieved.  Happy I know it's a boy and I don't have to wait until the anatomy scan.  :)

4. Rants, raves, celebrations, questions? Everyone keeps asking me if I'm having a shower.  I just assume 'no' b/c it's my 3rd baby.  But, why are people asking me like I'm going to throw one for myself?  Like, I'd love to have a shower, but I'm not going to plan one for myself.  It just seems odd to me.  I'm sure my work will do a little something but beyond that, I don't think so.  

5. GTKY: How far have you moved away from where you grew up? Was it on purpose / Do you miss it? I love in the town I grew up in.  We escaped to Philly for about 10 years, but came back to be close to family and for my H's job.  I miss Philly a lot, but it's nice to have a lot of family close by.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    16 an avocado!
    2. How are you feeling? 
    I had a cold last week and still have a little bit of a lingering cough but I'm feeling really good! 
    Not for a couple weeks 
    I'm good :)
    we moved to the closest major city from the burbs. It's about 45 mins away - just far enough. We're city people!

@Mattel so sorry you are feeling crappy but I'm so jealous you are feeling baby!! I keep trying to concentrate and see if I can feel anything but nada. 
    @fancybelmont awww a boy!! Yay
    @mdwiny i know what you mean. I haven't had a u/s in a while. Hearing the hb with the Doppler at the docs office helped. I've considered getting one but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Maybe that would help you?
  • 1. How many weeks along are you? How big is baby? 15+2. Baby is the size of a canary or eclair!

2. How are you feeling? Just so, so tired. 

3. Any appointments coming up? Just had one last week so none until November!

4. Rants, raves, celebrations, questions?  Not really. Although I survived taking DS and my dog to the vet alone. It was a circus but we survived!

5. GTKY: How far have you moved away from where you grew up? Was it on purpose / Do you miss it? I literally live 2 blocks away from where I grew up haha. We live about 15 minutes from my parents house since they have since moved. I work about 45 minutes away from my house which stinks but it's great being so close to family. 

@mdwiny It's tough waiting in between :( I don't know if I have any good advice for this! I only had the first u/s and now I'm waiting for the a/s. I thought about getting a doppler but I don't know if that would make me more anxious. It definitely gets better once you can feel baby move.
    @mattel yay feeling baby!! I didn't feel DS until 24 weeks so I'm hoping a little sooner with this one
    Always late to post these days.  15 +2, Naval Orange

2. How are you feeling? 
    A little tired, had a bit of insomnia this weekend which was lame!!!

16 week check Friday and then nothing until A/S.

Rave- my pregnant bff and I had a spa day saturday, the facial was ok but the prenatal massage was heaven!!!  Also loving feeling the little movements and kicks- I didn't notice them until 17/18 weeks last time around so its nice to feel something every now and again already. Rant- DD had unexplained hives last week, poor thing couldn't stop itching and we had no idea where they came from.  She responded to zyrtec and is doing better thankfully.  

I ended up in MA when I was stationed here out of school.  I stayed after I had DD and while its not "home" i loev my area and friends I have here. We are about 2 hours from my dad (VT where I spent my teen years).  My mom ended up moving to CA a couple years ago to seek a more holistic medical approach to cancer. And my brothers live in the south.  Needless to say I have no close family and I SO wish I did!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    12 weeks. Baby is the size of an apricot.
    2. How are you feeling? 
    Great. I'm so happy to be closing in on second tri!
    Just had one this morning, now nothing until mid-November.
    I'm just so grateful to nearly be done with first trimester forever.
    I live 30 minutes away from my parents. We live in the same neighborhood as DH's parents.

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

15 weeks. A navel orange.

2. How are you feeling? 
    Still pretty shitty a lot of the time but I feel like it's getting a little better. Not as tired so that's a plus. 

Last week of this month.

Was finally well enough to start volunteering at my daughter's school today!! I was able to go twice a week last year and I haven't been able to make it once since school started in September this year because I've been so sick. So I'm really happy about that. Hoping I can an make it a weekly thing.

I moved from where I currently live now when when I was in 8th grade. Most of my extended family currently lives there which is an hour away. I do miss living so close to them but I LOVE where I live now and would never want to move away.