Babies on the Brain

Weekly Chat - 10/15

What are you looking forward to this week?

What are you dreading? 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? 

Random thoughts?

GTKY: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
Diminished ovarian reserve
BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020

Re: Weekly Chat - 10/15

• What are you looking forward to this week?
    SD has a choir concert Tuesday, I like be hearing her sing

What are you dreading? 
    DH and DS have been sick and today I’m feeling lousy 

Survival lol

Random thoughts?
    My brain is mush nope 

GTKY: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
    Under an hour including shower. Shower takes about 30 I like long showers. Then a blow dry and throw on B.B. cream and mascara I’m done. Now if I’m wrangling my toddler add 30-45 minutes 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @kindbytealikat I hope everyone feels better (and that you don't get sick)! It's certainly no fun having illness in the household. Your SD's concert sounds fun!

What are you looking forward to this week? We're having dinner with some friends tomorrow night and then hanging out with them at a park on Tuesday. Should be fun! I'm also seeing my pain doctor tomorrow and will be asking him if there's any point in continuing the medications when I seem to get no relief from them except being put to sleep, especially with TTC.

What are you dreading?
    See my "general update" below.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? I have to make sure that I do our laundry at some point, otherwise I have no clean clothes for work.

Random thoughts? Stress is fun! Not really.

GTKY: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? I tend to shower before bed so that I don't have to deal with it in the morning, and I also make sure that my clothes and stuff are ready to go, especially when I have to be up early. So usually less than half an hour. DH takes a lot longer than I do.

Just as a general update, I got a phone call from my foot doctor's office first thing Thursday morning (when I was working, of course, and had no signal because my attraction is a dead zone) and they left a voice mail that I wasn't notified about until nearly 6pm. They "needed" me to call ASAP to schedule an appointment so I could go over the results with the doctor. So... Not sure what's going on. I called them on Friday morning and made an appointment for first thing tomorrow morning. I had a panic attack on Thursday night because every other scan or test I've had over the last year and a half, if the results were normal, they said so on the voice mail if they left a message. Since they didn't say that this time, I'm trying not to worry. I'll update tomorrow after the appointment.

• Loading the player...
  • @dreamscapes_ Oh no!  I will be thinking of you tomorrow.  Even if something is not normal, it doesn't mean it's really bad.  It could still be something small, they probably don't go into details about anything over the voicemail.  *creepy internet hugs*
  • @kindbytealikat and @dreamscapes_ I'm impressed you guys get ready so quickly lol

@dreamscapes_ FX that it's something small! Good luck today!

Looking forward to: not much really...

Dreading: well...I got a speeding ticket a while back and thought I had to pay it by this Friday, turns out it was due last Friday. So I'm going there today to try and out and get out of going to court...I really don't want to go to court...

Goals: umm...not spend money. We have no extra money to be spending, at all. The next two weeks are gonna suck...

R/R none

GTKY: depends. If I shower/wash my hair, at least an hour and a half. If I don't wash my hair, about 45 mins.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 Good luck with the ticket! Jump on it first thing this morning and I bet you're alright -- something tells me the police don't want to go to court any more than you do.

@kindbytealikat Kids' choir concerts are so cute. Enjoy!

@dreamscapes_ Keeping you in my thoughts today. You'll have answers so soon, but remember in the meantime that people are really sucky at voicemail and it could mean nothing. Doctor's offices just don't think about the effect that comments like 'ASAP' (combined with very little other info) can have on a person. Hoping for good news and some answers.

What are you looking forward to this week? Silly and a small thing, but I collected enough stars for a Starbucks reward and am looking forward to spending it on something 'fancy' I usually wouldn't pay for (in $ or calories), like a PSL or seasonal mocha. Makes Monday a little less dreary.

What are you dreading? 
    DH's grandmother passed away over the weekend. It wasn't unexpected and the family's all ok, but the funeral's taking a toll on them all and means DH will be gone for a couple days this week.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? @dreamscapes_ has inspired me, and my goal is now to lay out clothes the night before every day this week!

Random thoughts? Fall is HERE! Saturday was likely our last 90 degree day of the year, a cold front blew through last night and I'm wearing a sweater today. We made it.

GTKY: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? My entire weekday morning routine takes about two hours BUT most of that is non-primping time :) I take the dog on a 45-50 minute walk, sit down to have coffee/breakfast and waste time on the internet, and about 25 minutes before I need to leave say "oh sh*t!" and get myself in gear. 20 minutes is plenty unless it's a shower day, then it takes more like 30-35 and I'm late (oops).  
  • @dreamscapes_ I'm with @emiliadkay and second that Dr's offices are awful with the voice mails and not thinking that it makes people freak out!  Good luck! 

@emiliadkay Sorry for your family's loss.  

Tomorrow is mine and DH's anniversary!  We went out to dinner a couple of weeks ago and we have this trip to Scotland coming up so we're not doing gifts or going out but we're going to cook a nice dinner at home together tomorrow night.   

What are you dreading? I don't think I'm dreading anything!  

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? More exercise!  

Random thoughts?  I forgot to to cut and file my finger nails this weekend and they're really grossing me out today.  I can't stand them long when their unpainted, and I never paint them anymore bc I also cant stand when the polish starts to chip.  I don't have time to take care of them.  It might be a bit of a weird OCD thing.  

GTKY: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?  In an ideal, uninterrupted, making myself put together and presentable kinda of morning, 45 mins to a hour.  The reality is dragging myself out of bed late, and dealing with the toddler, and throwing lunches together which takes about an hour.  Of that hour my actual "getting ready" time is probably about 20 mins to shower, thrown on minimal make up, and go to work with wet hair haha.  
  • @dreamscapes_ oh no that is so scary. I will be thinking of you tomorrow let us know what you find out. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @KFrob Happy anniversary!! So with you on the fingernail thing. I hate the way uncut fingernails feel on a keyboard, so much so that I have an emergency set of fingernail clippers in my desk drawer.

@catlady2015 Good luck with the move! I'm officially jealous of your work from home life. Do you have a home office/desk/designated area that makes it feel like you're still "going to work"? Or will you in the NEW HOUSE (yay!) ?

• @emiliadkay - we have a second bedroom in our apartment which is currently primarily office (and some storage in the closet). We'll have the same setup in the new place. I try to stay out of this room when i'm NOT working to keep it separate. That was the hardest part about starting to work from home - not feeling like I was working 24/7. In our new town, we're going to rent for about a year while we learn the area and look for a place to buy. Then, there'll be no storage in my space, and it'll all be MINE!! Going to whiteboard it up and make it all official. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Hi ladies, I intro'd this morning so I'm jumping in!

@kindbytealikat - I like your weekly goal!  Hope you feel better soon.
    @dreamscapes_ - hope everything is ok.  I hate waiting for results like that.
    @CecilB93 - good luck.  I work at a law firm but work in an area that never goes to court.
    @emiliadkay - sorry for your loss.
    @KFrob - happy anniversary!  I love staying in and cooking together.
    @catlady2015 - congrats to your H on the new job!  Sounds like a busy time coming up!

What are you looking forward to this week? I'd love to get some pumpkins and start decorating for Halloween!

What are you dreading? My car was stolen while working out at the gym a couple weeks ago, we're still trying to pick a new vehicle to buy and dealing with the other stolen items in the car (double stroller, my ID, SIN, work info etc...)

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? I need to tackle the mountain of folding piling up.  I've been putting off a lot around the house because of the theft.  It's easy to start feeling sorry for yourself.

Random thoughts? Just happy to be here and join the community!

GTKY: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? I'm usually ready in 20 minutes on a weekday, I rarely do much with my hair.  Thank goodness messy buns are in style.  Much longer on a weekend, I'm a procrastinator in that regard.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
  • diaphenadiaphena member
    edited October 2017
    @mermaidca Welcome! That sucks about your car - I hope you're able to get everything replaced soon.
    @catlady2015 Welcome back - I don't think I was here when you were here before. You guys have a lot going on! Good luck with the move and all of your work projects!
    @emiliadkay So sorry for your family's loss. The cool weather finally made it to us here too, it was warm yesterday (up to about 80 I think) and then today it never got above 65 :):)
    @kindbytealikat Hope you're not getting sick. Enjoy the concert!
    @KFrob Happy anniversary!!
    @CecilB93 Good luck with the ticket. If you can go ahead and pay it off they should let you out of the court date I would think.
    @dreamscapes_ Hopefully by now you have talked with your doctor and gotten some answers. Give us an update when you can - I'll be thinking of you!

What are you looking forward to this week? This weekend I am attending my last wedding of this super. long. wedding season. Finally!! After this weekend, we have no more traveling, no more big plans until the holidays.

What are you dreading? Nothing really, just a normal week for the most part.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Keep on improving as far as exercise goes (I finally did a little better last week, yay) and getting some house chores done.

Random thoughts? Our camping trip this weekend was super fun, and I even slept pretty well considering it was on the ground haha. We went kayaking which was awesome but I forgot how sore it makes me! My arms were dead for the rest of the day after.

GTKY: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? From the time I wake up until the time I get in the car is just over an hour. That includes time for breakfast, making my lunch, wrangling animals, and trying to make myself presentable. :)

Edited to fix horrible formatting, wtf are you doing TB
  • @dreamscapes_ that's scary. I hope it's not a big deal.

@mermaidca Apart from the violation of having your car stolen, having to replace everything is so inconvenient! 

I'm showing my students movies after their exams this week. I think we all deserve the mental break!

What are you dreading? 
    Idk, with the run of bad health we've been having at my house I hope it's turning a corner and that there is nothing left to dread. I guess I'm dreading the state fair ending. I'm afraid we won't get to go again.

Just survive. Sleep more? I'm so worn out.

Random thoughts?
    I'm looking forward to Halloween. All of our costumes came in. DS's is a bit too big, so I'm going to pin up the legs and he may be wearing it two years in a row :lol:

I give myself an hour to get both myself and DS ready, but if it's just me, I can be out the door in 15 minutes!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @catlady2015 a whole 2 years!! 

@mermaidca sorry about the car! I feel like replacing everything in it is almost as bad as the car itself 

@diaphena glad you had fun camping! 

Thank you everyone for the anniversary wishes! 
  • What are you looking forward to this week?
    A quiet week at home after traveling all week

What are you dreading? 
    Work

Catch up on sleep

Random thoughts?
    I’m not usually a fan of fall, but it’s finally cold enough for sweaters and I’m actually excited.

I usually take an hour to get myself and my daughter ready to go. This includes eating breakfast, getting both of us dressed, coffee for me, and nursing her.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @kindbytealikat - I hope you all start to feel better soon! 
    @dreamscapes_ - FX that the dr has good news about your foot.
    @CecilB93 - Good luck getting out of traffic court! I went once and it was not a great experience, just a waste of time...
    @emiliadkay - Fall is the perfect time to splurge on a PSL/mocha! 
    @Kfrob - Scotland sounds so fun! It'e definitely on my list of places I want to visit. 
    @Catlady2015 - I've been working from home the last few weeks. It's not going well - I forget to shower and brush my teeth more times than I should admit! I bet having that special space just for work is very helpful! 
    @mermaidca - So sorry about your car... that sounds like a major headache and I'm sorry you're dealing with that.  
    @diaphena - Sounds like your camping trip was a lot of fun! Glad you got to get out and enjoy it despite sleeping on the floor! 
    @lalala2004 - I hope you get to rest this week and maybe catch up on sleep! 

It's the last week working from home before I start my new office job. It's been nice to get caught up on a lot of cleaning, but I am not meant for working from home. I get distracted, forgetful, and am just not that productive. 

What are you dreading? 
    Also kind of dreading the new job. Won't be allowed to wear jeans at all. *womp womp*

Finish the cleaning and organizing I've started. Get better at taking my vitamins!

Random thoughts?
    Nothing really on my mind right now...

About 60 minutes. I usually shower for 30 minutes, then pack my lunch while I have a towel on my head soaking the water out of my hair. The last 20 minutes is getting ready - deodorant, getting dressed, brushing my teeth/hair. 
  • I'm too tired right now to respond to everything that was posted today, but here's the news from the doctor: I have some sort of bridging or fusion between two of the bones in my foot that aren't supposed to be connected. Because those bones aren't moving properly, I'm in pain. There's no way to know if this is from arthritis (which I apparently also have, degenerative arthritis), a previous injury (which I've had a lot of), or even just a congenital thing (according to what I've read today, that's most common). The reason that they never saw it on an MRI is because it's not made of bone, whatever it is. He said that it's most likely cartilage or some other fibrous tissue, but there is definitely a connection that shouldn't be there. I'm going to get orthotics to wear in my shoes (which are ever so much fun >.<), and if they don't help after a certain amount of time, he said surgery is most likely the next option. Apparently PT wouldn't help at all and would just make the pain worse.

So... Yeah. Not as bad as I was afraid of, but still not a quick fix.
  • mermaidcamermaidca member
    edited October 2017
    @dreamscapes_  So sorry to hear that!  Hopefully the orthotics help out and you can postpone surgery for a bit.

ETA tag
  • @dreamscapes_ glad it wasn't anything worse! Hopefully they can get it fixed without surgery.

@mermaidca omg! I can't imagine having my car stolen! I hope insurance is helping to pay for the things you lost, I'm sure it sucks having to get all that stuff "back" though. Good luck. And welcome! :) 

@lemondrop28 yay for no more Mirena!!

@kimberbeep as much as I think I want to work at home, I could never do it because of all the reasons you listed, hahaha. 

Managed to pay my ticket and get out of court! AND the cashier at the courthouse said my ticket was misprinted and it was $60 less than I thought!! Woop woop!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 that’s awesome that it worked out that way!

@dreamscapes_ I’m sorry you are in pain. I hope the orthotics help. It’s usually used in joints, but I know a lot of people that have had success with cortisone injections also. Maybe that would be another pre-surgery option to manage the pain.
  • catlady2015catlady2015 member
    edited October 2017
    @kimberbeep - yep, been there! There are days showering doesn’t happen until late in the day. Also some days I go out in pj’s inadvertently... (OK, not always inadvertently)  :p I had to start forcing myself (unless I'm super late) to shower/self-care first thing, just like I'm going to work. It really does help get me in the "going to work" mindset. Now I just work cozy in yoga pants instead of dressing up. 

@dreamscapes_ - at least they figured out WHAT was going on!! FX the orthotics will help you. They definitely aren't fun, but I hope they bring you some relief and you don't need surgery. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @Secretstapler So, yeah, not normal, but nothing overly terrifying! I just hate those voice mails, omg. Can I just say that I love that "*creepy internet hugs*" has become a BOTB thing?

@CecilB93 Honestly, I'd rather sleep until 6 than get up at 5 to shower, get clothes and lunch together, do hair/makeup/etc. I'm fairly low maintenance about certain things, so I actually cut my hair short so that I don't have to worry about ponytails or anything, and I never wear makeup to work because I work in a stupidly hot fake rainforest. I leave the house around 6:30-6:45 to start work at 8:15, but I also leave early to make sure I get a good parking spot. I'm glad the speeding ticket worked out! Good luck with the no-spend goal! We'll have to see how my foot works out. He said that it's not a bony bridge, as far as he can tell (I didn't have the MRI disc, but he said that if it was bony, it would have shown up on the X-ray).

@emiliadkay Not the best news, but still better than I was dreading! My condolences for DH on his grandmother's passing. Even when you know it's coming, it's not an easy thing. What did you end up getting at Starbucks?

@KFrob Thank you! Happy anniversary today! I hope you guys have a lovely day, even if all you do is have dinner at home :)

@kindbytealikat Thank you!

@catlady2015 I've missed you! Hopefully the move will go smoothly for you guys. That's awesome that it doesn't take you a lot of time to get ready for work. The podiatrist wants $80 for the orthotics, but I just found the same exact ones on Amazon for $20, so I'm tempted to just get them from there instead. I don't know if they'll do anything this time around, but we'll see.

@mermaidca Welcome aboard! I'm sorry that your car got stolen, along with everything in it! We'll have to see what happens with my foot. I had orthotics last year, when I first saw a podiatrist about it (this has been ongoing for YEARS), but they didn't do anything for me. So... We'll see what happens.

@diaphena I actually saw the doctor around 9am yesterday, so yes, I definitely had answers, I was just not at home and able to post, lol. I don't like mobile bumping when it's a lengthy post because my phone freaks out sometimes. I'm glad your camping trip was fun! Yay for the last wedding of the season! What sort of plans do you guys have for the holidays?

@lalala2004 It's a weird deal. Could be surgical, could not be. So we'll see what happens. Movies for mental breaks are wonderful! When I was in high school, one of my teachers always showed movies in the last week of the semester because he was just as exhausted as we were. What are you guys going as for Halloween?

@meggyme Sleep is wonderful! I've actually had cortisone injections for my back (degenerative disc disease, as well as herniation), which helped for about 24-48 hours and then wore off. I'm unfortunately a chronic pain patient, so I mention it fairly often, lol. We'll see what steps the podiatrist wants to take if the orthotics don't work, though.

@kimberbeep Thank you! What sort of work will you be doing for this job? That's sad that you can't wear jeans now.

@lemondrop28 Yay for your Mirena out! I hope the party goes well!

In non-foot, non-pain news, DH and I are going to Magic Kingdom and Epcot today for some fun. A couple friends of ours are meeting us after they get out of work. Should be a good time!

• @dreamscapes_ I hope they find solutions that work for your foot! DS is going to be Robin, DH Batman, and I'm Catwoman.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @dreamscapes_ Earliest I wake up is 6. Usually I lay in bed until 7 (days I don't wash my hair - PS guys, baby powder is great in place of dry shampoo!!). I have to be at work at 8, and I live about 5 mins down the road. I can't imagine waking up at 5 every day, hahaha.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @dreamscapes_ I'm grateful you have some answers about what's causing your pain and, like everyone else, have my FX'd that orthotics will help. Hope yesterday's outing was a blast and the best sort of distraction!

@lemondrop28 I heard cupcakes and ice cream so I'm not sure what else a party could need ;) Your daughter will love it, and that is all that matters.

@kimberbeep Congrats on the new job! I hope there are so many good things about it the lack of jeans doesn't even register after a while.

@meggyme hahaha "Work" should be my what are you dreading every week. I like my job but, even when there's nothing stressful or negative happening, I get the Sunday scaries hardcore.

@lalala2004 Robin is totally a costume worth repeating. Yay for accidental savings!

@diaphena I love those activities like kayaking, paddle boarding etc. that you don't realize are a serious workout until it's over and done with. Have fun at the wedding this weekend! Hope it's the best of the season!

@mermaidca That is a *lot* to deal with. (Especially when IDs are helpful in purchasing new cars, and cars are helpful to get to the DMV to replace an ID, and so on and so on...) Hang in there, and know there is no shame leaving the laundry until next week.
  • I am so jealous of everyone who can skip showers!  My hair is so fine it gets dirty looking super quickly and I have to wash it everyday.  I also produce some pretty epic bedhead.  I have no idea whats happening in my sleep.

@dreamscapes_ I'm so glad to hear you got some answers about your foot!  Sorry its not something that can be easily treated but at least now you have some options to make it better!  

@CecilB93 High five on that ticket working out!  
  • @dreamscapes_ - I'm glad you have an answer to your foot problem and hope the orthotics help you feel better soon! My new job title is Admin Assistant - so I'll sit at the front desk for the business. I'm both looking forward to and dreading my first day.

@KFrob - I do feel gross if I leave the house without showering. And I wash my hair everyday despite everyone always saying how bad it is for your hair. I have super thick long hair, and washing it every day gets all the loose hairs out. I am constantly clogging the shower drain even though I always use a strainer. If I skip a day... ugh... sooooooo much more hair in the shower!! 

• @KFrob have you ever used dry shampoo? I've used it a time or two and like it. Another alternative is baby powder (not great for dark hair though...). Just sprinkle a little on the greasy spot, or maybe even in your hands, massage into hair, and grease is gone! Or at least looks gone, lol.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 I haven't bothered trying it bc my bedhead is so out of control I'm not sure the dry shampoo would be enough!  I'd have to wet it to get all the kinks out
  • @CecilB93 - dry shampoo is the BEST! I use it at least twice a week when I'm too lazy to wash my hair.  :# it took a little time to get used to it but it's a staple now in my routine. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Heyyy. I'm new here. I'm Hil! On the dry shampoo subject: I live and die by it. That and strategically doing my hair so you can't tell it's dirty. :)

my girl and I are getting tattoos this friday! teeny little matching ones. we're very excited.

What are you dreading? 
    all of the prep work we need to do to be able to start ttc with our donor & how long we'll have to wait to be *actually* likely to get pregnant w/r/t my girl coming off BC and starting our treatment plan for her PCOS. 

My sculpture for my class has to make some SERIOUS progress this week. 

Random thoughts?
    my life right now is mostly just torn between "i want time to past so fast so we can start our family!" and "ohgod I need so much more time to get everything done for my classes" and it is *jarring*.

*heavily* depends on the morning. under 20 minutes if I gotta book it, but my idea is a nice long couple hours to have a few cups of coffee and stare at the wall like a zombie until said coffee kicks in. 
    me: trans man, 27 | fiance: 31
  • @lionwholived Welcome! And I hear you on strategically doing your hair so you can't tell it's dirty, I especially like doing a sock bun in that instance, haha. What are your tattoos going to be? My sis and I are supposed to be getting matching ones in the next month or so! It'll be my third, haha.

@KFrob gotcha, I've never had bed head that bad, just run the brush through and maybe a straightener if needed and I'm good, aside from the grease, lol.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 Nice to meet you. :) I'm big on braids to cover up my dirty hair, myself. Our tattoos are going to be little skeleton keys, nothing fancy, but a local shop had a Friday the 13th tattoo special last friday & overbooked so we're getting them this friday. This is her first professional tattoo LOL but my fourth. What are y'all getting?
  • @lionwholived I don't have any tattoos but I love the skeleton key idea!  Also, I'm with you on your random!  With TTC #2 I'm in a rush to get KU, but at the same time want more time with DD and DH alone, and more time to take advantage of only have one! (stuff like trips and date nights, taking advantage of our parents babysitting, and how easy it is to get out of the house with one child)  
  • Welcome @lionwholived !  I have a few tattoos, 2 of which are matching - one with my mom and one my sister.  Good luck tomorrow with yours!  This just makes me want another one, I find them so addicting!  Haha.

It seems I really need to get on this dry shampoo train!  I know about it, I've just never actually used any.  My hair always ends up in a messy bun if it's clean or not.  I hate my hair in my face.

• My husband wants to get tattoos together. We want to get something that incorporates MIATW (most in all the world) which is something we say to each other, but we don’t know how to do it. Also, he gets tattoos to have tattoos, where as I want them to be symbolic and meaningful, since it is something I’ll presumably have the rest of my life.
  • @meggyme I'm the same as you, mine all mean something (a couple of them are really personal and DH doesn't even know the meaning behind them) and are things I thought a lot about.  You can always meet with an artist you like and after a consult they can usually make a few sketches for you if you have no real idea yet.  It's amazing what those artists can think of just from a few of your own ideas.
  • @lionwholived I love the skeleton keys!! We're each getting half a quote, so not "matching" per se, but they go together. Mine: I'll be the anchor that holds your feet on the ground. Hers: I'll be the wings that keep your head in the clouds. Then I'll have an anchor and she'll have a bird or wings of some sort. It works because I'm more logical whereas she is more eccentric.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• lionwholivedlionwholived member
    edited October 2017
    @KFrob Thanks!! I hope you're able to savor your remaining time with just the one at home!

@mermaidca  thanks! nice to meet you! with you on tattoos being addicting, every time one of my friends get one I start planning another, haha. Also, I second that you should try out dry shampoo. My hair looks straight up clean once I use it!

@meggyme I read your post to my GF and she thought it was SO cute and sweet! I hope y'all can come up with a design you both really like!

I'm very in the middle about meaning behind tattoos.  Most of mine are really important to me, but there are some I want and one or two I have that are just silly little things.

@CecilB93 Thanks! That's suuuch a cute idea for tattoos, I bet they'll come out really cute!

Also seconding going to tattoo artist to have them design tattoos. That's their job! They're really good at it!