1st Trimester

Baby gender at 13 wks???

I had a scan 2 days back and in one of the pictures i can see the baby looks like a boy!!
Although the sonographer said its too early to comment.Did anyone of u find out your baby's gender at 13 wks??

Re: Baby gender at 13 wks???

• No - from what I understand your tech is absolutely right. Apparently the genitals start out looking the same, and it's not until later that they fully develop and become more recognizable. So at 13 weeks baby could still totally be a girl no matter how much it may currently look otherwise. It's best to wait until the 18-20 week anatomy scan.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• Loading the player...
  • Either wait until your anatomy scan, or have a blood test (NIPT) done to tell you the sex. You could be waiting years to find out the gender of your child. 

FWIW at 13 weeks I thought I could identify the sex on the ultrasound, but I ended up being wrong. 
  • External genitalia isn't fully formed at 13 weeks so you can't tell the sex of the baby by ultrasound 
  • A friend had an ultrasound done at 14 weeks to find out and was told boy. A few weeks later after another ultrasound she was told girl!  She says she wishes she had just been patient and waited. Really it's just too early to tell, it's all so swollen. 
  • Yes. I had NIPT testing done (chromosomal tests through a blood draw) which said boy. When I went in for my 12 week scan, I already knew he was a boy because of the NIPT results but the ultrasound tech showed me his little peepee clear as day. This is my 12 week US. 
  • I would trust the ultrasound tech who does this all the time. If anyone would know, they should. 
  • sahmrey said:
    A friend had an ultrasound done at 14 weeks to find out and was told boy. A few weeks later after another ultrasound she was told girl!  She says she wishes she had just been patient and waited. Really it's just too early to tell, it's all so swollen. 
    I had a scan at 14 weeks and was told girl. I’m holding off buying anything until the AS even though it seemed pretty clear. That early there’s such a margin for error 
  • Yes! I had a scan at 12wks and 5 days and the tech said he was 95% sure it was a boy and he is a boy (in my 3rd pregnancy)