June 2018 Moms
Options

Golden Girls (AMA (35+)) Check-in w/o 8 - Oct

DashainaDashaina member
edited October 2017 in June 2018 Moms

(YOU are an AMA pregnancy if you will be 35+ by the date of delivery)

1. Introduce yourself Name/Nickname, Any other tidbits you'd like to share (Please include Age Now / Age at Delivery)
2. FTM / STM+? If STM+, is this your first AMA?
3. Best thing about being AMA?
4. Worst thing about being AMA?
5. GTKY: Funniest comment you've gotten or heard about being an AMA.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Golden Girls (AMA (35+)) Check-in w/o 8 - Oct

• Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm clare. 

This is is myself third baby - we have a 5 year old boy and a 7 month old boy. I will be 39 when this baby is born. I was 34 and 38 for my other two deliveries. This will be c-section number three. 

My doctor has never ever mentioned anything about AMA although I'm sure it is in my chart. He was the one who said a third would be fine, start trying in September and, OMG, happened right away. 

My mom is going to be shocked we are having a third. She was surprised when we had a second. Our first had some pretty significant health issues but they are all under control right now. But I think she though one was enough. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi ladies! My name is Dashaina. I am 37 and will be 38 when Baby C is born. I have 2 daughters ages 7 & 5 yos
    I was 30 and 32 when I delivered them, both were cesareans (DD1 was breech and DD2 was in distress at 37.5 weeks). I am looking forward to attempting a Vba2c finally! 

We started trying again ( a 2 year pause after my first and only loss) this cycle and I was super thrilled that it worked the first time. 
    I told my parents and my 4 siblings the day or 2 after I had a faint line BFP at 11 dpo. My parents are all thrilled to be welcoming a new grandchild. And since my siblings are all choosing to remain childless... I think it's fallen to me, the oldest to make the grand babies. Ha! 

I actually didn't know there was such a term as AMA (Advanced Maternal Age) until joining this board. Ha! I had heard the joking term geriatric pregnancy from a friend of mine many years ago though, and thought it was strange and funny to call it that.

I don't intend on seeing my delivery assistant doctors until January., when I will meet them for the first time in person in Panama city. I'm really excited to have the opportunity to work with them. They specialize in home births and vbacs and are the only OBGYNs in Panama who will support both. I just found out their fee and am relieved that it is not very high (under $3k to attend me, etc). That is quite a relief for sure. 

Alright looking forward to getting to know all the Golden Girls too! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself Name/Nickname, Any other tidbits you'd like to share (Please include Age Now / Age at Delivery)
    Hi! I'm Laura - 36 now, 37 at delivery
    TTM and yes! First AMA.
    Hm... Not sure about this one. I guess the early genetic testing?
    I have a feeling I'm going to be more tired with this one than with the first 2... but that may also be because I have two kids.
    I haven't told many people yet, so I haven't heard anything directed at me... but I really hope they don't plaster "Geriatric Pregnancy" on all of my paperwork!
  • Options

Hi! I'm Elizabeth. I'm 36, 37 at the time of delivery. 

STM, but I was 34 when I delivered my son. 

Genetic testing covered by insurance. 

I don't think it is because of being AMA, but chasing a toddler is exhausting. 

nothing yet. 

• Options

Hi ladies, I am Liz.  I am currently 34 and will be 35 when I deliver.

This is my 4th pregnancy (1 loss).  My son is 5 and my daughter is 2.

I would agree with others who have said genetic testing.

That it means I am getting closer to 40 than 30 by the time I deliver.

I have not heard anything yet.  

• Options

Hi I'm JSL82 I am 35 now and will be 36 at delivery.

I am a STM and missed AMA by 2 months with DD. She is 9 months old now and will 17 month when I deliver.. so I'll not only be an AMA but I'll be doing 2 under 2 as a golden girl.

DH and I both had teenage parents and waiting until we were as ready as anyone can be to have kids was important to us.  I like that I'm more mature and my friends are all in the baby to child stages of life too.  

I already hurt... my back and hip and I'm only 5w5d. My body can't bounce back like a younger mom and I'm so tired.  Just writing that I will have 2 under 2 is exhausting- how am I gonna chase a toddle and take care of a body.

5. GTKY: Funniest comment you've gotten or heard about being an AMA

I haven't told anyone yet.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    Maybe this is a good place for this question... Are tests like Harmony and Maternit21 the most common for AMA women?  And are they both at around 10 weeks?    I've found a lot of different info online, so just wanted to see if anyone here was an expert. ;)
  • Options
    lalalaj said:
    Maybe this is a good place for this question... Are tests like Harmony and Maternit21 the most common for AMA women?  And are they both at around 10 weeks?    I've found a lot of different info online, so just wanted to see if anyone here was an expert. ;)
    My girl friend, recently gave birth did Mat21 around 10wks if I remember correctly. It might have been 8, though I know for sure that it wasn't past 10. I have no info about Harmony. 
  • Options
    @lalalaj a lot of insurance companies will only pay for the testing if there is cause for it - AMA being one scenerio where it’s typically covered.  Sometimes you can get it done at a discount (if there’s no reason for insurance to cover it for you) but I have heard horror stories about people getting hit with huge bills because it wasn’t covered for them.  When I had DD my hospital covered it in full for anyone delivering there because they were doing a study.  I had the blood draw at 11 weeks, results around 13 weeks.
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I’m Claire. FTM, 40 and will be 40 when due. Excited that I managed to fall first try straight after coming off the pill. Got first obs appointment this afternoon so hopefully all is well
  • Options
    I'm Natalie. I will be 36 when this baby arrives if everything goes as it should. We have a 15 month old and I can already see that my ability to be patient is about 0 come 5p. The witching hour is tough always but I'm zonked by that time of night and just don't have any juice in the tank. I've been taking a nap once the baby goes to sleep and it's helping. 

Tomorrow is is my first work trip pregnant with the new baby. I'm wondering what a 16 hour work day is going to feel like. 
  • Options

1. Helloooo! I'm Kerri. I just turned 35 this past week and I will be 35 when I deliver 

2. I will be a STM. My rainbow baby was conceived via IUI and is now 15 months old. This is a HUGE shock as we weren't trying and we also were told we probably wouldn't conciveve on our own. 

3. Best thing about being AMA? I think not caring about anyone's opinion. As I get older the more confident I become. I feel the same way with being a mom. I'll mom my way not anyone else's. 

4. Worst thing about being AMA? Soooo tiered.

I havent heard any yet becauze we havent announced. Waiting for my 3rd beta and then a viability scan do announce but I'm sureeee I'll get some comments.  
  • Options
    honeybee530honeybee530 member
    edited October 2017
    Introduce yourself Name/Nickname, Any other tidbits you'd like to share 
    Hey ladies....honeybee here :)

I am a STM and 41. DS is 2 and I delivered him at 39.

Having our sh*t together Lol! Just knowing we're set in our careers and financial situation offers so much piece of mind.

I'm often worried I won't get as much time with my kids because I'm having them so much older. Morbid yes, but I pray every night to have a lonnnnnnng healthy life to enjoy them and THEIR families too, I hope.

5. GTKY: Funniest comment you've gotten or heard about being an AMA
    Nothing really. Most people that really know me best, know how long I have waited to be a mom and are nothing but genuinely happy for me.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. Hi lladies , you can call me MEB :) my initials 
    2. I have my daughter who just turned 17 last week. I was 18 when she was born! 
    3. Not sure what the best thing is. Wiser? ;)
    4. I think the one thing I'm worried about is being tired. When I had my DD at 18 I could get by with a few hours of sleep and be fine. In my "advanced" age I am tired a lot 
    5. No comments yet 
  • Options
    1. I am Rebecca, 42 yo, Canadian, DH is 43, DD 2... Will be 42 at delivery.. 
    2. Second one for us, I was AMA (geriatric pregnancy) for the last one too! We went through a number of years of IUI, and multiple rounds of IVF. But was always bound to be AMA, as I met my DH at 35. 
    3. Best thing about AMA is being laid back, and more able to advocate for myself as a patient. 
    4. Worst thing about being AMA is the lack of energy, all the needles, more testing, more follow ups, and the gall bladder issue at the end of my previous pregnancy. Oh, and my parents and MIL are older too... 
    5. GTKY: Funniest comment you've gotten or heard about being an AMA: not me so much, but my DH is constantly referred to as my DD grandfather. 
    Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 
  • Options
    You can see my username.  That's all I'll use on this forum.  Age now - 37, age at delivery - 38  
    I have a four year old and a three year old (sixteen months apart in age).  This pregnancy will be our third child, but my first AMA pregnancy.
    I have to agree with @didi0308 and @honeybee530, being older means you know where you stand in life (money, career, etc.) and what you stand for (confidence).  
    Being pregnant and having gray hairs.  I don't dye my hair to cover the stray grays and it seems incongruent to have both gray hair and a baby growing inside me. 
    Nothing yet.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
    I'm 34 but will be 35 in a couple weeks. This is my first pregnancy!!! We have been trying about 2 years and did one round of clomid.  I'm happy to finally be on my way to having a baby, and I'm settled into my career so it's a good time. The only disadvantage I can see so far is perhaps postpartum recovery. That and I'll be the "old mom" when my kid is older, haha. So far only my husband, parents, and grandma know I'm pregnant. We are telling his parents this weekend. I have PCOS, and I've gained weight over the last couple years, mostly in my midsection, so people ask me constantly when I'm due (for like 2 years now...), so hopefully I can conceal my bump until I'm ready to share it :blush:
  • Options
    Hi, 36 yo and will deliver at 36. 
    STM+  I have three beautiful boys 8, 6, 4 and surprise pregnant first time as AMA!
    Well now I know insurance will cover tests so that's a bonus and I am not so hyped up about things and can relax easier this time around. Also, my kids are old enough to actually help this time!  
    Energy level, potentially missing out on events in my boy's life and superficially, being an old mother of the bride/groom down the line! 
    Nothing yet!