December 2017 Moms
Options

Maternity Leave Watch List

MandaynoMandayno member
edited September 2017 in December 2017 Moms
Ok ladies, it has been mentioned before but I have not seen a place where they are compiled yet. What is on your maternity leave watch list? What will you binge on to stay up during night feedings, or just trying to keep from going insane? 

A few on my list, no order of importance

1. Narcos
2. House of Cards
3. Stranger Things, Season 2 (if I don't watch it before)

Edited to add list. 

Re: Maternity Leave Watch List

• Options
    This is Us (if you haven't been watching)
    SEAL Team (premieres tonight!)
    Moana on repeat (because toddlers and I'm a sucker for Disney/Pixar)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. Dexter - I've watched it before but really want to rewatch.
    2. Ozark maybe? My family won't shut up about that show lol.

I don't want to try to get too ambitious lol. Also, I often just randomly stumble across shows and watch them instead, hence why rewatching Dexter has been on my list forever. I need to watch S7 of The Walking Dead (I watched a few as first-run, but after watching six full seasons on Netflix I decided I wanted to wait) but I may get to that before she's here.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. The Mindy Project
    2. Rewatch The Office
    3. Rewatch Scrubs
    4. Possibly The West Wing

Great idea for a thread! I need more suggestions.
  • Options
    @MJDsquared I also like to re-watch stuff. That way if I get busy, or fall asleep its not a big deal to move on to the next episode. 
    I just started re-watching Greys Anatomy from the beginning... 13 seasons are on Netflix... woah. 

BabyFetus Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm not sure yet. I probably don't want shows that are 'too difficult' (require a lot of attention, with loads of plottwists). So I'm thinking British detectives (the ones with 1 or 2 episodes per case) ;) But I'll keep reading this thread, I can use the inspiration!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We are saving the most recent season of Game of Thrones for December.  We haven't watched any of it yet.  

@hellothere47 I think re-watching the West Wing sounds like an awesome maternity leave binge. :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH and I tend to watch a lot of shows together so I really want to get into something that just I can watch, seeing as though he's not going to be around much during my maternity leave. I'm thinking Handmaid's Tale and America's Next Top Model reruns.

sidenote: DH owns a small biz and his busiest time of year is Nov-Jan, so we already talked about him returning to work pretty quickly after LO is born. However come Feb when I return to work, he'll have a full month of alone time with her, which is nice. Then she starts daycare in Mar.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    VEEP
    Rewatch Arrested Development
    Stranger Things season 2
    Curb Your Enthusiasm- although I'm always watching this 

• Options
    I'm thinking of re-watching Six Feet Under if it's on HBO Go. I loved that show. And maybe some other long running HBO classics like Sex and the City and The Sopranos (which I never actually watched except for bits and pieces). I'm also planning to watch Stranger Things season 2 as well.
  • Options
    Highly recommend The Great British Baking Show, Veep, Big Little Lies and Breaking Bad. DH got into Breaking Bad super late compared to everyone else and would binge until 4 am. It was so good. 

As for me, I'll probably start with the Sopranos and maybe Dexter. I'm sure I'll be done with Stranger Things 2 by then but if not add it to the list. I rewatch The Office all the time because it reminds me of college and I can nap without missing much. 
  • Options
    And if you haven't watched Master of None that's a good watch too! 
  • Options
    @brittyclem We love the Great British Baking Show!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh man I hadn't even thought of this but I could see myself working through some Ken Burns documentaries and Dr. Who. Then probably my staples like Parks and Rec, Will & Grace (thank you Hulu!), Arrested Development. 

And because Christmas is my fave I'll also be taking in ALL the Christmas movies and tv specials. Like hunting for the obscure made-for-tv stuff from the 80s I vaguely remember watching on recorded VHS :smiley:
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    I have a list that I got from a friend with very similar tv taste. She put SO MANY things on there. I watched S1 and 2 of Vampire Diaries with my oldest and S3 and 4 with my little guy, so I feel like I have to finish it up.
  • Options
    Yay!! These are all great ideas!!!! I hope to visit this topic frequently and keep getting more ideas!!! I didn't even think of The Sopranos!!!!!! 

• Options
    I missed Chicago Fire, PD and Med from last season so I’ll watch those and then get caught up on the current season. That’s all I’ve thought of so far but y’all are giving me some good ideas! 
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Options
    Kitchen Nightmares! Who doesn't like Gordon Ramsay??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is great!  I haven't thought about any of this.  I'm super excited all of my shows started again this week, so I'm sure I'll be catching up on a lot of episodes I miss, but I'm also making a list based on your watch lists!  
    ****Trigger mentioned****
    Us:  37, 38, unexplained IF
    TTC for the second time
    Married 10/21/12 to my wonderful wife
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science
    since 2/2014

7 IUIs, 1 cancelled due to too many follicles, 6 BFNs.
    IVF #1 & 2 Failed
    IVF #3 20 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized with ICSI, 6 made it to day 5
                 2 blasts transferred 7/17
    Beta #1 7/26 ***BFP*** 144
    Beta #2 7/28 271
    Beta #3 8/4 1972
    8/15 - Officially pregnant with TWINS
    9/1 - Baby B no longer has a heartbeat, Baby A is holding on!
    9/29 - MMC
    Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 15
    Next cycle will be FET without PGS testing. 
    3/27 - FET transferred 2 "excellent" blasts 
    Beta #1 4/5 ***BFP*** 107 (9dp5dt)
    Beta #2 4/7  244  (11dp5dt)
    Beta #3 4/14  2038   (18dp5dt)
    4/25 - Confirmed pregnancy. Baby measured 1 day behind, FHR 132
    5/9 - 2nd U/S - Baby measured one day ahead, FHR 178
    12/21 - Baby Boy born
    12/10 - FET transfered 1 3BB blast
    Beta #1 12/19 - 88
    Beta #2 12/21 - 230
    Beta #3 12/18 - 3066
  • Options
    I need to watch stranger things season 2, finish the new season of Fuller House, and I am a season behind on Once Upon a Time and Empire and Gotham, so maybe I will catch up on those. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    I've never watched Downton Abbey, so that's on my list. Dr. Who, Man in the High Castle, and Friends (duh) will probably also be on my list. Let's be real, I'll probably binge all of Stranger Things season 2 well before LO gets here...
  • Options
    Yeah there's no way I'll be able to wait until Dec/Jan to watch the new season of Stranger Things.  It will probably be watched in full within 48 hours TBH.  I actually really liked Haters Back Off! even though I had no idea who MirandaSings was, and the second season should be out by then.  Also, supposedly, a second season of Top of the Lake (which was SO SO GOOD) is coming out soon, but they've also been saying that for years, so... 

Since I've already gone through Parks and Rec, Kimmy Schmidt, Gilmore Girls, and Friends x2, I reckon I ought to watch something else... Will & Grace on Hulu sounds perfect!  DH and I have been trying to finish Parenthood for eons but it's too emotionally draining for preggo me. We're also about 2 years behind on Big Bang Theory but CBS makes it so impossible to stream anything, I don't see that changing.  

STRONG second to whoever recommended Master of None.  The "Parents" episode in season 1, along with the ep with the stuffed seal, are seriously two of the most well-done TV productions  I've laid my eyes on recently (that and the "Marcia Marcia Marcia" ep of People vs OJ).

As you can tell, I love slapstick comedies and dark crimey shows and not much in-between  :D

• Options
    @Skcobb oh Downton is so good. Pair that with some Great British Baking show and you'll probably start talking to the babe in a British accent  :D:D

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    Honestly, I'm not sure how much time I'll have to watch something new with two toddlers and a baby and building a house (we are crazy, I know), however, my goal is to keep up on This is Us, Scandal, Grey's Anatomy, and the Bachelor! :)  I binge watched Scandal during my last maternity leave when I was exclusively pumping 30 minutes at a crack and I seriously am addicted. If you haven't watched it, that is one I would definitely recommend!  All the seasons are on Netflix right now and the last season starts this year.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is silly but anyone else a little sad that the new Star Wars comes out right around your due date?  My edd is 12/7 and the movie's out 12/15.  I definitely want my little squish out and home by then, which means no movies at the theater for a while.  Hopefully I just won't care!   But I can see H being like, "Hey, do you care if I go with so-and-so to see it?" and I will have to answer "I will murder you."  :joy:
    TTC #1 June 2015
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    @whiska Wait, it comes out the 15th? I think DH thought it came out on Christmas. He was super bummed about missing it, since I'm due 12/30 and going to a movie between Christmas and my due date would be way too risky...but maybe we can still go depending on my status down there around that time.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @MJDsquared Yes - I was going to say the ladies with edds later in the month can probably still swing it!!
    TTC #1 June 2015
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    Yes @whiska I am so bummed thinking about missing the new Star Wars movie. My EDD is 12/14 so no matter what (early or late) I probably won't get to see it.  DH has already informed me that he still intends to go.  Part of me wants to be nice and say okay, but the other part of me wants to viciously attack him for even thinking of going.  I guess we'll see how I feel around then.

As for shows on the watch list, I generally binge on Friends and Frasier on Netflix, but I will be adding Will & Grace to my rotation as well.  I'm finishing up Transparent this weekend and I'm sure DH and I will have Stranger Things Season 2 done well before LO arrives.  

@leilagphillips I hope Six Feet Under is still on HBO because I would love to rewatch it - such a good show with an emotional series finale.  The night I finished Six Feet Under, DH thought something was seriously wrong because I couldn't stop crying.

@elcd458 I also love Parenthood, but you're right - super emotional.  Hopefully I'll get through it again while on leave.

Does anyone think it's reasonable to try and get through GOT while on leave?  I've never watched it and I'm not even sure I'll like it, but I might try.  Or, is it just too intense and time consuming to even start?
  • Options
    @asiegel GOT is really intense, and if you have any toddlers you really don't want to watch when they're around, but there's only 10 episodes a season. DH and I binged seasons 1-6 in 3 weeks, only watching it after dinner and before bed, so it's totally doable. 
  • Options
    @asiegel I binge watched GOT last summer and got through it pretty quickly. It's so addicting once you get started!
  • Options
    Thanks @Skcobb and @hellothere47
    No toddlers in the house - so that won't be an issue.  Maybe I'll start some episodes around Thanksgiving and see if I get into it or whether I should move on to something else.
  • Options
    @elcd458 I watched the first few seasons of Parenthood last time and had to stop because I was just a sobbing mess between the show and the hormones! I swear there were a couple episodes that i had to rehydrate after they were over.
  • Options
    Had to resurrect this thread to say how excited I am for the new South Park video game to come out next week! I'll have to play the first one again to get myself in the zone. 
  • Options
    @babybison we are preordering this weekend!!!! I loved how the new episode yesterday touched on it :-) SO and I were quoting the first game at the store the other day!!!