TTC After a Loss

Pregnancy Immediately following Miscarriage

AkennellAkennell member
edited August 2017 in TTC After a Loss
my husband and I had an "Oops" (it was mostly him) After I just had my miscarriage a week and a half ago! Please tell me my chances of getting pregnant are Slim to none so I can quit stressing about another miscarriage. We are happy to Wait a few more months before trying again. And I'm supposed to go back to the doctor this week to check and make sure my Levels are going back down. I am feeling Very Mad at myself!!!  

Re: Pregnancy Immediately following Miscarriage

• Depending on the type of MC you had and how far along you were, were you even cleared to BD yet?  If not, you risk infection and all types of other bad things. If it was just a CP then you didn't have to wait so no prob with BD.
    Do you temp? What day do you usually O? Watch your chart to see. 

Also... we are not google. This sorta feels like a drive-by wave your possible PG right in our faces. If you are interested in joining us, please jump in and participate on the weekly threads. If not, please don't post one-offs like this as it can be very upsetting to see these types of messages.
    meryl streep the devil wears prada miranda priestly devil wears prada who are you GIF

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• I'm sorry I didn't have anyone else to Ask. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah I also thought @dpjennifer was really nice here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AkennellAkennell member
    edited August 2017
    I am sorry ladies. My Hospital is taking a long time getting back to me on all my questions. I did not mean to make you upset. I was actually just wondering if it was Possible to get pregnant immediately after a Miscarriage. I don't know who else to ask besides my doctors who I have already called. They have had a hard time keeping up with patients the last few months. Anyway, I'm still learning what all the Abreviations mean and what is happening with my body since this is my first miscarriage. I had a Missed miscarriage and No D&E or D&C. I stopped bleeding within the week. That's really All I know. We are waiting for my levels to go back to normal and I am hoping this doesn't mess things up. That was really my Question. I have a Dr appointment coming up so I will talk to him about it then too since he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Sorry for all the Pain I might have caused but I am not trying to hurt anyone and I am praying for you Girls. God bless! 
  • Akennell
    jimmy fallon harry potter benedict cumberbatch alan rickman the tonight show GIF
    OK, let us see... it IS possible to get PG right after a MC. There really is a lot that factors into it though. So, privacy questions time... how far along was your MC? For example, if you had more of a chemical pregnancy (CP) and were only 5 weeks or so along, then often the HCG levels go down fairly quickly and most doctors give the green light to start TTCAL right away. With it being a week and a half since your loss (count the first full day of bleeding as CD 1), IF you have a 28 day cycle where you O on day 14, then theoretically you could become PG.
    However, if you have a longer cycle (for example, I O on day 20), it would be highly unlikely to be PG like 10 days into a cycle.

Alternatively, if you were further along in your MC (7+ weeks, saw heartbeat, etc.) usually they make you wait until after the first cycle to try again. (If you have a D&E/D&C you're not supposed to even BD until 2 weeks later after you're cleared from surgery). Also, if you were further along in your PG before you miscarried, you could have higher levels of hcg, and thus can get positive PG tests that are a result of hcg from your MC in your system (which totally sucks). 

How far along were you? Do you know what your latest hcg level was?

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• I think you might still have HCG in your system.  I don't think you can O until it's all out of there and then in  2 weeks maybe you'll O.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I shouldn't have taken out my bad day on you...sorry.

But yah, you probably still have HCG in your system. 1.5 weeks after a MC would have you Oing at CD11ish. That's pretty early.  If you're worried about getting KU then use protection or abstain. 
  • Everyone's body is different. But I am going to share with you, my experience and timeline of events.  
    Naturally miscarried on Saturday, July 22nd. My HCG levels were checked on the following dates:
    Monday, July 28th
    Thursday the 31st
    Monday, August the 4th. (Final check)
    HCG levels went down to 2 which the doctors said the goal was under 3.
    My OBGYN did an exam on August 4th and cleared us to start trying she said after 2 weeks based on how everything looked inside and down there.
    However I stopped bleeding on August the 5th and knew my body was ovulating (based on my normal symptoms - confirmed with opk tests) on the 7th-8th so we baby danced.
    I don't know if it worked but I'll test on Saturday. By then I'll be 12dpo.  
  • edited September 2017
    Gosh people are hypersensitive! Stay nice guys. We've all been through the same thing here anyway, no need to add any more negativity. Obviously it was not her intention to offend anyone. But for world peace adding a TW will do good.

Going back, I'd say too soon to get pregnant but best to wait and see!
  • @Sparklingjewel Unfortunately when you've been on these boards for awhile you see lots of people "Drive-by" and post all sorts of things: pictures of positive pregnancy tests, their almost definite symptoms, etc... 
    For some of the women on this board who have been trying for years to get a BFP after their loss that kind of behavior can be super hurtful and triggering. As the OP was new, no one knew her backstory. In general this community is very welcoming to people who come in, read around for awhile to find out etiquette, then join discussions. 
  • Thanks for the warning, i am fairly new as well and just caught off-guard with the reactions, im just here to contribute positively, hoping people are welcoming.
    Am in no position to judge anyone as a drive-by. They may be reading regularly and fairly new simply because they only had reason to join recently. That said, suggesting to put a TW would have been an easy fix net of the harshness. :)
  • @Sparklingjewel youve popped into about nine boards and left comments and no one has any clue who you are. I don't think a drive-by telling the group how to respond to thread is the way to go about joining the group. Perhaps an intro rather than random posts all over every thread is a better approach. And as @leahcimmichael suggested,  read the ettiquette.
  • I conceived my daughter on the heels of a MC. She is 2 yrs old now & amazing. I hope it all works out for you.