Baby Names
Options

Brother for Meredith

Hi everyone! We were completely convinced we were having a girl and we had the name Laurel picked out. Surprise! Its a boy! In need of suggestions please! Here is our short list that Im lukewarm about. Our last name is very common and one syllable. 
Samuel
Garrett
Derrick
Lucas

Re: Brother for Meredith

• Options
    Love Derrick but slightly greys anatomy fan girl with Meredith with is also fantastic. I vote Garrett. Lucas and Samuel are too common with Meredith for me

• Options
    Since you had Laurel which I also like, have you considered something like Lawrence? I like that with Meredith

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Suggesting:

Seth
    Reid
    Anton
    Alden
    Bryce
    Ian
    Patrick
    Edward
    Conrad
    Calvin
    Elliott

• Options
    @bbiutmcph thanks for the suggestions! I never watched greys anatomy, what was meredith and Derrick relationship? It would be very wierd if they were a couple.
  • Options
    bbiutmcphbbiutmcph member
    edited October 2017
    @bbiutmcph thanks for the suggestions! I never watched greys anatomy, what was meredith and Derrick relationship? It would be very wierd if they were a couple.
    Basically the main story line for YEARS romantically 

• Options
    I really like Lawrence with Meredith

Seth
    Franklin
    Francis
    Terrence
    Dorian
    Cyril
    Nathaniel
    Edwin
    Percival
  • Options
    @bbiutmcph thanks! Im not happy about the news, but im glad I know!!
  • Options
    I like Samuel with Meredith. 

I prefer the spelling Derek to Derrick. 

Love the suggestion of Lawrence.  For nicknames he could be Laurie (not a fan of Larry on a baby)

• Options
    Samuel 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    I have a Samuel, and I love his name! I have only ever met 2 others, even though I was worried it would be super common
  • Options
    cantrelljacantrellja member
    edited October 2017
    Meredith has a classic feel to it that I'm not sure your list of boy names has. Luke and Sam are a little too over-used and Derrick and Garrett are too close to Derek on Grey's Anatomy. I also like he idea of a long hame as a brother to Meredith (she has 8 letters, after all!)  How about:

Christopher
    Matthew
    Nicholas
    Alastair
    Benjamin
    Nathaniel
    Phillip
    Thaddeus
    Sebastian

• Options
    I have a Samuel, and I love his name! I have only ever met 2 others, even though I was worried it would be super common
    I agree Samuel is not common at all in my area.  I knew one Samuel growing up and as a teacher I think I have had two ever.  Maybe it's getting more popular for babies but not so much that's he's likely to have another Samuel in his class. 
  • Options
    @cantrellja I agree with everything you said. I just cant find put my finger on the right name. I want classsic but strong and manly, if that makes sense. Alot of the classic boy names feel too, I dont know pretty and preppy to me. Im not sure that I articulated that very well so I hope you get what I mean.
  • Options
    Also: my SIL is Meredith; her brothers are Nicholas, Joseph, and Michael. I happen to like all of those . I also like Christopher, Benjamin, Nathaniel, Daniel, and Andrew with it (I have to use shorter first names because our last name is super long!)
  • Options
    I love Samuel!
  • Options
    I love Samuel with Meredith as a sibset 

suggestions:

Nathaniel
    Oliver
    Holden
    Benjamin
    Thomas
    Desmond
    Tristan
    Graham
    Gregory
    Colin
  • Options
    Samuel
  • Options
    I like Lucas!  Other suggestions...

Alexander
    Louis/Lewis
    Simon
    Eliott
    Zachary
    Graham
    Nicholas
    Gabriel
  • Options
    I have a Meredith. Her bothers are Henry and Matthew. I’d like Owen and George if we were having a boy this round. 
    ? PgAL/PAL Welcome ? My Chart ?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker