Infertility

October IUI 2017

edited September 2017 in Infertility
I haven't seen a new group for the October ladies going through IUI, so i thought i'd start one!

I'm currently on IUI #1 from Sept 23, my beta testing is due October 10.
Good luck to all!
***** child/loss TW *****
natural pregnancy DD 2012 TTC #2 since 2014
9/2015 chemical pregnancy
Initial workup: 
     AMH: 0.898 ng/ml
     Antral Follicle Count: 5
     FSH day 3: 6.56 mIU/ml
     LH day 3: 5.24 mIU/ml
     Estradiol day 3: 46.75 pg/ml

IUI 1-4 BFN

IVF #1 After ovulation was confirmed with progesterone levels on CD19. Cetrotide ½ dose X4 doses and minivelle was started CD 20 to continue through stim. Upon AF, started follistim 150 bid and menopur 75 bid on CD3. Started cetrotide 1 dose when biggest follicle reached 13mm. Retrieved 4 eggs out of 12 follicles, 2 PGS normal, FET #1 9/14/18 BFP beta#1 10dp6dt 369, 12dp6dt 1210 

Re: October IUI 2017

• Hello! I'm also on IUI #1. I finished clomid 50 days 5-9 on Sept 24 and I'm currently waiting for a positive OPK to schedule IUI. FX for all!! 
  • Thanks for starting October!!  Iui #1 canceled last month because of 2 cysts.  af should be here in a few days so fx the cysts are gone and we can finally get going this month!  GL to everyone for October!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @jenrn1216 and @roxarn87 Welcome!  Praying for BFP for us all!
    Initial workup: 

IUI 1-4 BFN

IVF #1 After ovulation was confirmed with progesterone levels on CD19. Cetrotide ½ dose X4 doses and minivelle was started CD 20 to continue through stim. Upon AF, started follistim 150 bid and menopur 75 bid on CD3. Started cetrotide 1 dose when biggest follicle reached 13mm. Retrieved 4 eggs out of 12 follicles, 2 PGS normal, FET #1 9/14/18 BFP beta#1 10dp6dt 369, 12dp6dt 1210 
  • This cycle got cancelled bc of some cysts and taking next cycle off as well for vacation. Still going to try naturally and enjoy this time off. Hoping that everyone gets good news. 
  • @Labluver2 enjoy the time off and have a great vacation! 
  • just got my beta back from my first IUI and it was negative. :( I kinda knew since my temperature was dipping, but still hearing those words over the phone was hard. I hung up and cried. Then i dusted myself off and am ready to start the next round. My RE wants me to up my dose of follistim. Hoping i get more than one follicle this time. I've stopped the progesterone and now waiting for AF. If i am ever successful, i'm going to make sure that i tell my baby how much mommy and daddy wanted her/him.  
    Initial workup: 

IUI 1-4 BFN

• Hello ladies - thanks for starting the board, @babyhopeful442.

***TW This will be my third IUI (round 2 because my second IUI resulted in a BFP, but sadly ended in a CP). End TW***I have an appointment with the RE on Tuesday to see where things are at.

I'm sorry about your negative beta, @babyhopeful442 - sending positive vibes your way and hoping this next round results in your take-home baby! Stay hopeful.

FX for us all!
  • Thanks for starting the new board @babyhopeful442
    i just had my second IUI on October 3 with my beta set for the 18th. I am taking extra precautions this cycle by not having any caffeine and limiting all exercise to just walking ( I am an avid Orangetheory attendee). 

I have been feeling some sharper pains on my left side since the IUI but I am thinking they are either cramps or gas pains from the Prometrium and Estrace that I have to take twice a day. Has anyone else felt similar symptoms? Should I be worried?
  • @babyhopeful442 I'm so sorry, FX for next cycle.

@cassafrass15 and @aeb1116 FX for you both!! Hoping this is the one!!!

AFM, AF arrived 2 days ago on CD21......waaaaay early for me. has anyone else gotten early periods on clomid? I have a message out to my REs office about this. I had my progesterone drawn yesterday, so I guess I'll hear back on Monday what the next plan is.

Since this was my first time, I'm chalking it up as a trial run and at least I kind of know what to expect next time. Only good thing about AF arriving early is that she won't show up on vacation, so now I can just relax and have some fun :)
  • tosh24tosh24 member
    edited October 2017
    *lurking*

@jenrn1216 I just got AF on CD23 after a round of femara and Gonal F. I wasn't on progesterone supps because my cycle was cancelled so this is the first time this happened. I would ask your RE about being put on progesterone to support a longer LP since meds can definitely mess with your system.

Edited to fix typo....that should say CD23 not CD3
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @jenrn1216 Sorry...I was bumping from my phone and I meant to type CD23....so way too early for it to show up, similar to your situation.

On the plus side - enjoy your AF-less vacation!!!

TFAS since 2012

Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!

• Lol I figured it was a typo!! Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it :)
  • I just had my first ever IUI on 9/24 with my HCG tomorrow. I'm pretty much an emotional mess at any given moment. 

Ive been having super cramping-some days it's the right, some days it's the left. I live in constant fear-but tomorrow will bring a whole new day and a whole new set of plans-good or bad. So I hold on to that. 
  • @aeb1116 I had localized pain (either on the right or the left) on my last two IUI cycles - turns out it was the corpus luteum cyst. Totally harmless.

@knottie5dc90654a06ebe46 Good luck tomorrow! 
  • Good luck tomorrow! @knottie5dc90654a06ebe46

@cassafrass15 did you have to do anything for the cysts? Or did it prevent you moving forward with another cycle? 
  • @aeb1116 I didn't have to do anything - both times the cysts resolved on their own and we went forward with IUI as planned. I've heard some ladies mention that an unresolved cyst prevented them from moving forward with the next IUI, but I don't know all of the details so I can't tell you for certain that was the only cause for the stall. If it is a corpus luteum cyst, they're really common, especially with femara or clomid. 
  • @cassafrass15 Thank you so much for the information! I hadn't heard of these cysts but I'm glad to know they can resolve on their own in given circumstances. FX I am just being overly sensitive to every pain and twinge
  • jenrn1216jenrn1216 member
    edited October 2017
    So, my progesterone level is 0.3, clearly I didn't ovulate, and while this was my first cycle and I was ok with the fact I probably wouldn't get a BFP first time, I'm pretty devastated with this number. Initial progesterone several months ago showed I was ovulating on my own, so why not on clomid? So strange. Waiting on RE to get back to me with next plan. 

Has anyone else had this low of a progesterone? What did they do for it? Also, this was drawn on day 21, the same day I started my period......so maybe that's why it was so low?

• @babyhopeful442 sorry about your BFN. I just got one too.
    TTC #1
    dx: DOR
    8 cycles Clomid (1 BFP & MC)
    3 failed IUIs (Follistim & Trigger)
    IVF #1
  • Rest of my post was deleted when I posted for some reason!

anyway just had my beta from IUI #2 and it was a BFN. Waiting for AF to start IUI #3 and hoping third times the charm!
    TTC #1
    IVF #1
  • I'm sorry for your news or BFN @babyhopeful442 and @mac627.  FX for luck on your next cycles.  
  • Has anyone experienced implantation symptoms post IUI? If so, when did they start and what were they? 
  • @aeb1116 I've experienced implantation symptoms: light cramping and brown spotting right around the time I would have started AF (so about 14 dpIUI). In fact, I thought it was AF starting until the next day when the spotting completely stopped. ***TW I took an HPT the next day and it was a BFP! END TW***
  • Hi all! Wanted to introduce myself as I've been reading a while. I had my 3rd IUI this month on 10/7 and this was my first cycle on Femara. We have severe MFI and have to use donor sperm, other than that we have no other diagnosis though my cycles aren't the most regular. Nice to "meet" all of you, I really appreciate the community!
  • @kerryann124 Welcome! I'm sorry your journey brought you to the IF boards, but you'll find great support while you're here!

AFM, BFN 14dpIUI and AF started this morning. On to the next cycle, I guess!
  • @kerryann124 welcome! I'm new to this world of IF, too, and this board has been so helpful! 

@cassafrass15 sorry about BFN. FX for your next cycle! 
  • @cassafrass15 so sorry for the BFN hoping next cycle is your cycle. 

AFM in the TWW now just tried naturally but this month my huabaand worked crazy hours and we only BD one time during the end of fertile week so not feeling hopeful. Will wait for AF then start another IUI cycle.
  • Thanks @Labluver2! I'm hoping you are pleasantly surprised after your natural cycle, but if not I'll be joining you for another IUI cycle. Mine should be around 10/29. Keep us posted! 
  • @cassafrass15 so sorry to hear about BFN this cycle.  
  • Has anyone had symptoms from Femara? Femara this cycle made me ovulate almost a week early and now I'm getting PMS symptoms really early. Breasts are way more sore than normal. I thought it was supposed to be out of your body pretty quickly after taking it, so does it make sense that its still causing symptoms? 
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited October 2017
    @kerryann124 The way my RE explained treatment cycles to me is that your body isn't going to O or have a LP length on date ranges that you’re used to. They are controlled cycles. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• tosh24tosh24 member
    edited October 2017
    **lurking**

@kerryann124 I'm not sure how long femara stays in your system but if you are well into your TWW, I'm going to hazard a guess and say that it's not the femara (directly). Medicated cycles can definitely make you ovulate earlier than your usual. If you had more than one follicle ovulate, you will have more than one corpus luteum producing progesterone so you will likely have increased PMS symptoms due to that alone (like really sore breasts). Also, if you used an hcg trigger, that can also still be in your system causing side effects. FWIW, I used fermara for 5 cycles and my side effects were not the same every cycle - my doctor told me our bodies are not "robots" so to not expect the exact same response every single time. 

ETA: If you are on progesterone supps, those may also cause you to have a pretty significant increasing in PMS symptoms as well.

TFAS since 2012

• Just received another negative on my beta. I'll be joining you for round 3 next cycle @cassafrass15
  • Thank guys that makes sense (my breasts were super sore!!). I tested yesterday (11 DPO) and got a BFN, so assuming its not too early, I'm probably in for another cycle next month too.
  • Ugh, I'm sorry at @aeb1116. Hopefully this next cycle is our cycle! 

AFM, I'm on CD8 and AF is barely slowing down. But if she's gone by the weekend, I'll likely have IUI somewhere around 10/27. 
  • @aeb1116 Hugs
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @aeb1116 and @cassafrass15 sorry to hear about your bfn. Fx for next cycle!

I just had IUI 3 on Thursday so now I’m just in the tww. Hoping this one works, as we talked with our re this week and decided to move on to IVF next cycle if this doesn’t work! Fx! 
    TTC #1
    IVF #1
  • Thanks @aeb1116 !!
    TTC #1
    IVF #1