Babies on the Brain

Weekly Chat - 10/8

What are you looking forward to this week?

What are you dreading? 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? 

Random thoughts?

GTKY: If you were to pull a Steve Jobs and decide to wear the same 'uniform' every single day, what would your fall go-to be?

Re: Weekly Chat - 10/8

• What are you looking forward to this week? We brought our pup home on Saturday and I'm looking forward to figuring out our new rhythm as a family of 3. Didn't realize how much I missed him until he came back to us.

What are you dreading? Nada at the moment

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Exercise 4x (cardio at least two) and stop bingeing sweets. (I gave myself a free pass on all things healthy while sick and then road tripping, and my jeans and I had a come to Jesus moment yesterday afternoon.)

Random thoughts? We're supposed to get a cold front in tonight and have lows in the 60s for the first time in I can't even remember when. So, so ready.

GTKY: If you were to pull a Steve Jobs and decide to wear the same 'uniform' every single day, what would your fall go-to be?

Skinny jeans (or black pants on work days), ballet flats, a long-sleeved T and a scarf for interest. Every year around this time I see dozens of articles on the "capsule wardrobe" and wish I would take the plunge and try it!
  • What are you looking forward to this week?  DH canceled practice tonight since we're getting torrential rain so we get an extra night together this week!  Picking up our travel documents for our trip to Scotland in December!  

What are you dreading? I actually think I'm dread free this week!

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Exercise, clean, relax 

Random thoughts? 

GTKY: If you were to pull a Steve Jobs and decide to wear the same 'uniform' every single day, what would your fall go-to be?  Skinny jeans, knee high brown boots, loose fitting long sleeved black tshirt

@emiliadkay I have the same weather complaint!  Its been very unfall like and this warm humid weather has got to go!  I had to google capsule wardrobe and that's pretty much what I did when pregnant with DD!  And I loved it!  For the first time ever I loved every piece of clothing even though I didn't have a ton to chose from.  It made putting quality outfits together so much easier and I felt like all of my outfits were "me". 
  • Loading the player...
  • Looking forward to...um...payday? 

Dreading: one of my coworkers is on vacation this week, meaning lots more work for me.

Goals: clean our bedroom and maybe post some stuff on a swap & shop page.

No random.

GTKY: skinny black pants, calf high boots, a long sleeve shirt and either a scarf or vest.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @KFrob Whaaa did we already know you were going to Scotland and I just forgot? What cities/area?! We're spending Christmas in Europe and your comment about travel documents just reminded me that I m.u.s.t. get my passport renewed... 

@CecilB93 Haha yes, payday indeed. What's a swap & shop page?
  • Lurking here because you guys are still my favorites! @KFrob: my parents are going to Scotland in May and I am so excited for them! They have wanted to go their whole lives. They do a lot of cruises and other trips but this will be extra special for them. Let me know any tips you may have or things they should do/avoid. Are you doing a tour type trip or going on your own? 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @emiliadkay and @notthefather I don't think I mentioned it!  We were on our way to my BIL's house two or three weeks ago when I spotted a billboard for a new air carrier going out of our airport with $99 flights to Europe.  We're in CT and direct flights to Europe out of our airport are a big deal!  So DH looked up flights the next day and was pretty much like "hey, we're going to Scotland!"  haha.  I was like "for realz?! Can we really afford this!?"  So we priced it out and decided it was a now or never situation, with TTC #2 this may be our only chance to afford it and take advantage of our parents watching DD.  So we ended up going through a travel agent so they could work out all the details.  We're leaving on a Saturday night and flying directly to Endinburgh then we come home on that Wednesday night.  The whole trip, including flights (bulk head seats and checked bags!!!), hotel (including breakfast), transportation back and forth to the airport, and an all day tour to the highlands and Dewar came to $1200.  And its going to be Christmas time!  Sigh, its going to be so romantic.  We're so excited!  And as of today our count down is 1 month 29 days!!  @notthefather I will definitely let you know any tips!  Now I'm FX that I get KU like right this second so I'm coming out of the barfies and exhaustion in time for the trip.  

@CecilB93 Your payday comment made me giggle.  We always joke that we're rich for like 12 hours on pay day 
  • @emiliadkay On Facebook, there's pages set up for people to post things they want to sell or just get rid of. We're hoping to get some money out of these items! The bed set (frame/headboard, dresser, and table) and a really nice piece! But there's some cat scratches on the dresser, so I'm not going to get as much as I could have if it wasn't scratched :/ 

@KFrob sometimes I can see all the money leaving our accounts (figuratively...) before the paychecks even come in. Ugh bills suck, lol
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @emiliadkay GL with the health kick. Yeah that moment with the jeans happens to me every fall after I've spent all summer drinking wine and eating at the pool and traveling...

@KFrob I am sooooo jealous you get to go on vacation to scotland. That sounds awesome!  Glad the grandparents were willing to watch DD. FX you will have to turn your nose up at that highland scotch though...

@cecilb93 Get that money girl!

What are you looking forward to this week? Family trip this weekend for my mom's bday!

What are you dreading? Um this sleep regression is driving me batty. Supposedly it can last a couple of weeks so digging in I guess. Also I'm in the TWW and that includes a lot of anxiety.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? packing for our trip this weekend and getting the house ready for us to leave it.

Random thoughts? Our neighborhood is the epicenter for trick or treating in this city. I bought nearly 1000 pieces of candy so I hope we won't run out this year. DH gets all into it and just put up our decorations.

GTKY: If you were to pull a Steve Jobs and decide to wear the same 'uniform' every single day, what would your fall go-to be? I have a lot of fall dresses I like. Knee length but long sleeve. With booties. But in actuality I'm a stereotypical SAHM and wear yoga pants and a T shirt like way too many days.

• I feel like I'm the only one in this world that doesn't like skinny jeans. I'm a bigger girl but my legs are nice and strong but I just don't feel comfortable in them. Give me a nice bootcut, that way I can still get some nice shape in my thighs/ass. 

@lifesabeach85 I'm also typical SAHM stereotype 

What are you looking forward to this week?
    If the weather corroperates we're going to the pumpkin festival on Saturday.  I'm looking also looking forward to the nice falls temps this week. I'm milking it for all it's worth LOL, Chili in the crock pot now, Can't wait!!!

What are you dreading? 
    Being back in the 80's by Friday :(

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? 
    DH and I need to have the post loss are we ready talk. I'm not dreading it but I am not looking forward to it either. My goal is just to get it over with. 

Random thoughts? 
    I'm not a big make-up fan but I have my red face. I bough some BB cream and it covered most of the red but not completely evened it out. I don't want to wear foundation daily so I'm just sitting here looking at different BB creams. 

Since I don't work outside the home my woredrobe is jeans and comfy graphic tees. However in fall and winter I could live in hoodies and I love a nice sweater. If I needed a work uniform daily I'd go with a boot cut style of black slacks with a button down blouse in the summer and a sweater in the winter. Ballet flats and a simple necklace. 

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @emiliadkay What kind of dog is he? Good luck with the exercise! Is there anything in particular you like to do as exercise?

@KFrob I hope you guys have a fabulous time in Scotland! I'd love to go there sometime.

@CecilB93 I'm also waiting for payday. And then it'll all go right back out on the same day. Hopefully the extra work goes smoothly!

@notthefather I miss you! <3

@lifesabeach85 Maybe I missed you explaining it, but what's sleep regression? *not a parent yet* I wish we got trick or treaters here. Apparently no one does it at apartments :(

@kindbytealikat I also don't like skinny jeans. The only time I wear them is with tall boots, but I also wear leggings that way, too. I also only get, like, a week of the year when it's cool enough for me to do that. I hope the post loss talk goes the way you want it to *creepy internet hugs*

What are you looking forward to this week? Payday. I'm also wanting to get the results for my foot MRI yesterday.

What are you dreading? "Oh, there's nothing on your MRI, it's normal"... I do NOT want to hear that there's nothing there, so I'm dreading that possibility. We also apparently have to replace a sensor in our one car and the other one won't start, so it's been an interesting week. We have to take the one that won't start to AutoZone and see if they can charge the battery (I think that's what happened, since DH has a tendency to leave his phone charger plugged in, which you can't do in older cars). The other, I found a video on YouTube to do the repair ourselves, so we might be able to do that.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? I've been working on laundry all day, including our blanket and pillows. I also got the dishes done and the house partially cleaned up. I'd like to get the rest of the house cleaned up.

Random thoughts? I'm tired. I had to go to the MRI place twice yesterday because I was supposed to be in the thing for an hour and a half (one of my foot, one of my ankle), but my back couldn't handle it. So I had to go back at the end of the day to have the second one done. I took my pills beforehand and then we went to our friends' house for dinner and I ended up falling asleep on their couch. Stupid pills.

GTKY: If you were to pull a Steve Jobs and decide to wear the same 'uniform' every single day, what would your fall go-to be? Well, I'm not including my actual work uniform. But I basically do. I live in central Florida, so it's still a bajillion degrees here until probably close to Halloween, so I wear sundresses a lot. Back in Illinois, I'd wear jeans and a hoodie. Once the temperatures drop here, that's what I wear.

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @lifesabeach85 Thank you!  

@kindbytealikat Good luck with your talk with DH.  I hope it goes well.

@dreamscapes_ I can imagine the frustration and fear of having an issue and just wanting to know whats going on so you can work at fixing it!  FX they have some answers for you!  
  • @KFrob It's just so aggravating. The podiatrist who ordered the MRI was like "There's nothing on your X-ray, and it sounds like it's related to your lower back pain", which it certainly doesn't feel like. There's no other pain in my leg, just the foot. He also has me going for a nerve conduction test next week because he thinks it might be tarsal tunnel syndrome. Except that I looked it up and I have NONE of the symptoms. This isn't nerve pain. I know what nerve pain feels like. You know?
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dreamscapes_ What a frustrating process you've been through. I hope you get some answers soon.

@KFrob Your trip sounds amazing! 

@kindbytealikat I also deal with red face problems. I'm super pale with pink undertones and then I also just tend to turn red - if I'm hot, or cold, or exercising, or eating spicy food, lol. I do wear foundation every day but I hear you on not wanting to do that.  I have tried the Maybelline BB cream before and it actually provides decent coverage, plus it's got SPF 30.  Also - hope your talk with DH goes well.

@lifesabeach85 Sleep regression sounds rough. Hopefully the kiddo gets back on track soon.

@CecilB93 Good luck with the extra work this week.

@emiliadkay Yay! Your pup is back home! How exciting :)

What are you looking forward to this week? Going on a one-night camping trip with one of my best friends this weekend.

What are you dreading? Well - the a/c at work was out today, aaaand it's been in the 80's all week so we were nice and toasty today. I am dreading that it will not be fixed yet by the time I have to go back tomorrow.... ugh. I kept having to apologize to clients for the temperature and everyone was pretty miserable. 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Still trying to get back on track with working out, so I'm planning to do yoga tonight and a dance workout on Thursday. 

Random thoughts? None right now

GTKY: If you were to pull a Steve Jobs and decide to wear the same 'uniform' every single day, what would your fall go-to be? Skinny jeans, booties, a t-shirt and a looong sweater :)
  • @kindbytealikat I only ever wear skinny jeans with boots, otherwise I love bootcut jeans. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @kindbytealikat I also get redness on my cheeks! it's frustrating. GL with the talk. I know it will be difficult but hopefully once you get back into it it will feel less overwhelming.

@dreamscapes_ I really hope they figure out what is going on soon. That sounds painful and super frustrating. FX for some definitive results. A sleep regression is basically when a baby or toddler stops sleeping as well or getting the sleep they need. So, if a baby who was sleeping through the night starts waking up at 3am again or, like in our case, your toddler starts fighting bedtime and naptime and jumping out of her crib because she now has FOMO

@diaphena Have fun camping! FX the weather holds up for ya

• @lifesabeach85 Right? We have jeans Fridays, and I don't even bother in the summer (tell myself it's because dresses are cooler...yeah....). So jealous of both your trick or treater situation and your yoga pants life!

@kindbytealikat Good luck with the tough talk this week; hope you both feel great on the other side and really comfortable with your decision. And I love BB cream but usually just buy whatever's cheapest at Target. Let me know if you figure out which one I should be buying!

@dreamscapes_ I hope there is something massively wrong shown on your MRI  :p ...that it turns out is incredibly simple and quick and cheap to fix! The pup is a chocolate lab and (we contend) the handsomest dog that ever lived!

@diaphena UGH. Hope the a/c issue has been sorted out. What an uncomfortable way to spend the work day :( I'd forgotten about long sweaters! I think I have a whole pinterest board of that look that I never executed on...will get back on that.