March 2018 Moms

FF*FC 10.6

2»

Re: FF*FC 10.6

• Loading the player...
  • Add me to the pee club. I can't remember who mentioned lots of pee accidents, so sorry for not tagging. I joined this thread late and am having a hard time catching up. But yeah, I feel gross and kind of want to live in the shower.
  • Lunchtime errand to the drug store.  70+ yo man buying lube and perusing the candy aisle.  I just made up 647 stories about what his night has in store for him, and 632 of those stories involve the term "sexual chocolate." FFFC:  sometimes my imagination is the only interesting part of my work day.

I make up stories for strangers all the time. DH makes fun of me for them, because I always share them with him. This is great

Also, now I need to try grilled cheese with mayo on the outside as I've seen that like three different places now. 
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • you all are the best. DH wants to go out tonight and I was just thinking "hmm, I should probably shower and wash my hair." 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @DDRRT1982 I consider myself a secular Jew (as does my husband). We were both born in the former USSR where all religious practice was basically forbidden, so we were not particularly raised with it as our parents didn't get that growing up. @vflux33 has some really good suggestions, and I'm going to offer one too (something I plan on doing in the future that I basically learned from a mixed religion family).

We have no intention of following the Shabbos rules regarding attending services, work, electricity, etc, but I had two friends from different mixed families where they always had a family dinner on Friday nights. One was slightly more religious than the other, but you can do as little or as much as you want to here. I see so much benefit in having a set day where everyone in the family has dinner together as a tradition regardless of how hectic schedules can get. I don't think it matters what the day is, but Fridays typically work well and depending on how much tradition you incorporate can be a cultural introduction to Shabbat. 

The people I know continued this as teenagers and definitely in their early 20s - they just went out after and/or brought friends/bf/gf with them to dinner. 

Also, PJ Library's books are great. We love them.

DS:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnant with #2: 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I’m not cooking dinner tonight. Kids can eat whatever they want. Right now it looks like dinner will be chips and leftover plain macaroni with butter. DS has been sick and today is just a do whatever you want, eat whatever you will day, for him at least. I’ll probably make myself something quick and healthy-ish later. Or just have cereal.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • So as I’ve said before, I’ve been getting U/S done at work. I had one last week and the tech and my coworker looked at gender. I went again today to confirm the gender because my sisters will be in town next weekend and I want to do the big reveal while they’re here(anatomy scan is still 2.5 weeks away). So of course I’ve looked away each time they’ve looked. Well my confession is I’m pretty sure I saw the sex today when we were just looking at profile. I’ve seen a lot about the nub theory and I think I saw it pretty clear. I’m not telling anyone though or looking too far into it. I genuinely want to be so surprised when we find out together! 
  • I was doing the grocery shopping this morning, when I suddenly felt really sick. I rushed to the bathroom (as much as I could rush with a cart of groceries and a toddler) thinking I was going to puke. Turns out I just needed to poop. I HATE pooping away from home. Oh well. Do whatcha gotta do.
  • npkat said:
    So as I’ve said before, I’ve been getting U/S done at work. I had one last week and the tech and my coworker looked at gender. I went again today to confirm the gender because my sisters will be in town next weekend and I want to do the big reveal while they’re here(anatomy scan is still 2.5 weeks away). So of course I’ve looked away each time they’ve looked. Well my confession is I’m pretty sure I saw the sex today when we were just looking at profile. I’ve seen a lot about the nub theory and I think I saw it pretty clear. I’m not telling anyone though or looking too far into it. I genuinely want to be so surprised when we find out together! 
    Wait, The 'nub' is long gone and replaced by vulva or penis by 17weeks. You most like saw a part of the umbilical cord from that angle, or possible a penis, but most likely umbilical cord.  Either way, I think you get what you want which is to be surprised along with your SO and sisters! 

I hope you know I'm not trying to take away your thunder, just dispel any misinformation about how long the gentital tuber is in place before hormones take over and change its shape. I'm excited for you to find out your baby's sex! 
  • @leilaquinn Snort laughed at "crotch muscles"

• @Cowboycorgi I’m almost 16 weeks so I think they would still have a nub? Like I said, I’m not looking too far into it though! I can’t wait to find out! Since it’s still early, we are not announcing it officially until the anatomy scan just in case. If it ends up being wrong, it’ll be a great laugh and funny story to tell!
  • npkat said:
    @Cowboycorgi I’m almost 16 weeks so I think they would still have a nub? Like I said, I’m not looking too far into it though! I can’t wait to find out! Since it’s still early, we are not announcing it officially until the anatomy scan just in case. If it ends up being wrong, it’ll be a great laugh and funny story to tell!
    I found out with my son right at 17 weeks and it was totally a penis at that point. This one I had a scan at 14 weeks and there was no nub, but a very obviously flat pelvis. I’d say you saw the umbilical cord. The mystery continues. I really want to know what you’re having now lol
  • @Cowboycorgi @Gingermom15 enough with all the vagina fluids talk, you're scaring this FTM over here! I think I prefer ignorance to knowing what's coming in this case :lol:
  • @npkat by 16 weeks we knew our son was.. a son.   :)
  • Ladies, were coming up on swamp crotch season. Soon enough it will be the question if it’s pee, sweat or amniotic fluid. Prepare yourselves. 

I can't handle this right now :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Haha @Gingermom15 Since I started out on progesterone suppositiories, I'm just enjoying the less swampy time.  

@pregobeth I don't know what kind of car you have but if you have one with the spare in the trunk, you could just put some underwear and panty liners in a ziplock and toss them down in with the spare in case there's a next time. That's where I always keep an emergency pad and tampon so a) they're not just floating around in any of the other places and b) I'm not tempted to just use them when it's easier and I leave them for true emergencies.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Yeeees to enjoying less swamp! @kiki75
  • So, as long as someone else brought it up first, is it weird that I don’t have any extra fluids or discharge? Fwiw, I haven’t had enough discharge to see it in my underwear since I was probably 17, so I that may be a factor, and it’s not overly dry or anything, but I wonder if it’s unusual to not have more fluid?
  • @leilaquinn Everyone is different, I wouldn't be concerned. I didn't have excess discharge during my first pregnancy.  This time, I have excess compared to what I'm used to. But I am also an almost always dry person as well.