November 2017 Moms
Options

After Baby

NYTino24NYTino24 member
edited October 2017 in November 2017 Moms
What are your plans for after baby? We all know they can change, but what is your gut reaction at the moment?
It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

After Baby 69 votes

We are done having kids after this one.
42% 29 votes
We will go for one more.
26% 18 votes
We want several more.
7% 5 votes
I have no idea yet.
24% 17 votes

Re: After Baby

• Options
    This is our first and we always thought of having three. During the first trimester morning sickness I said, this better be twins because no more! Lol! But now I think we can go through this one more time. Who knows, maybe we our kids will be so cool we may actually be crazy enough for three
  • Options
    It took a lot for me to come around to having a 2nd (a lot of it having to do with HG and how bad my 1st pregnancy was), this will definitely be it for us. We will be doubling down on birth control after this!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am very happy being OAD. H has been talking about more this entire pregnancy. We have 2 more pgs tested embryos left in the freezer but the logistics that go along with another transfer just seem so overwhelming on lots of levels 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    I'm without a doubt done. I will have 3 and being 43 yrs old, my body is just too old to carry another life. I'm getting a total hysterectomy after this one to make sure there will be no more. If I were younger I'd want at least one more though. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I struggled with whether I really wanted to have a baby after 40. After I lost another baby last October I decided to at least go forward to check out my options medically and then decide. Surprise surprise before I had anything done at all, was just having my cycle evaluated and had a hysteroscopy scheduled, I got the BFP (I was even supposed to be abstaining for the surgery, guess I didn't take that seriously). So I will still be 39 when I have him (my birthday is December 8), and don't have to worry about being over 40 and having a baby. I consider this a sign that I'm DONE. Also, there's no way I can handle the emotional difficulties of early pregnancy with the potential for another loss - AGAIN. I've done it 4 times and that's enough.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is our third and it took a little bit of doing to talk DH around to having 3. After this we are definitely done as I am getting my tubes tied at the c-section and DH is getting snipped sometime in the next year. The only thing that irritates me is that since we have two boys and this one is a girl people are already asking if we are done because we "got" our girl this time. Umm... no. Never occurred to either of us to have kids until we had at least one of each.

• Options
    We are going for one, maybe two more. Considering how tough this trimester has been and the fact that I'll be 35 in March, we will see how a second is before thinking about a third. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    This is our 4th, we have 3 boys and now a girl in November. We are through! I'm 33 hubby is 40.  
  • Options
    We always planned on being two and done. DH and I both only have one sibling. We thought it was a good number and didn't want to feel outnumbered. Comparing both my pregnancies there are things from each I do not care to experience again so it makes me really confident to say we are done after this one comes. Plus, I'm afraid if the doctor ends up being right about the timeline of 35-37 weeks (currently 35.3) and considering DD came at 37.3 that means if we were to have a third he/she would come even sooner. 
  • Options
    DH was on the fence about kids in general and I have always want 2 kids. DH and I agreed to have 1 and see how that goes before figuring out if we want another one. If we do have another one I figure this little girl will be 3 or 4 before we try again I am 28 and he is 31 so we have some time to figure out if we are ment to be a family of 3 or 4.
  • Options
    I think we’ll probably have more. This is my second, and I always wanted 2-4 kids, but I would like a bit of a break between this one and the next one. I would like to be my normal size for more than a few months! 
  • Options
    dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited October 2017
    We are currently thinking one and done...but planning to see how it goes and reassess as time goes on.

Reasons for one and done:
    -Financially, much more affordable
    -Practical for our life style and how we envision being a family
    -the idea of one right now seems like a lot of work and we want to be great parents that are not overwhelmed or overextended

Reasons for up to 2 max: 
    -Sibling for the first to play with
    -Totally shallow....but then we could use the name I really like--Riley (gender neutral!)
    -Family Four packs are super common

As you can tell, neither of the sets of reasons are really that strong to start of with to lean in one direction or the other indefinitely.

• Options
    It took modern medicine to conceive this baby.  I had a miscarriage last October,  so far this month is infinitely better with more joy.  I'm 36, and would like to have one more.  I am a bit worried about the stress pregnancy puts on your body not to mention the emotional impact ,  and trying for another too soon.  It may be someone of a higher power that makes the final call.  
  • Options
    This is our first . I'm 31 
    We've taken a come what may approach
     Not really wanting kids as as checklist item in my life(as in it wasn't something I just wanted myself) it is specific to being with my husband 
    I want his kids. Soon After we got married we whimsically stopped prevention and just let be what would be . 
    After about 3 years I thought I'd pay more attention and try for a baby which didn't happen. 
    It wasn't in me to find out why that might of been I felt like it would add pressure in the relationship in some way so we kept it' come what may ' . We have been married 7 years as of September so I'd pretty much resigned to its not happening and just switched my focus on the two of us ... 
    Needless to say I was  nearly 8 weeks before we knew .... lol dispute obvious symptoms it just wasn't in my mind ... 

Any successive children will be the same at this point I think . We now know we can conceive so there's a loose asumption we won't stop at one deliberately but again no pressure. 
    They'll come if it is ment for our family  

• Options
    My tubal ligation is scheduled, so we are two and through. My husband is a teacher and I'm a social worker, so we can't afford more children. We each come from homes with 2 kids, so two is the norm for us. 
  • Options
    We have always talked about having 3, but we have recently discussed that we would be okay with one boy and one girl. Since LO is a girl, we definitely want to try for one more. H is ready to try again soon, but I've told him let's just wait a while, maybe a year or so. But our max is 3.
  • Options
    I really want this baby to have a sibling so we will probably try  for another one but we will see.  There was a time where I wasnt sure kids were even going to be an option (due to husband's health) so if this is it I would be ok.  
  • Options
    I've always wanted 3-4, DH has agreed to 3..we're both the youngest of 3 so the odd number doesn't bother us as neither of us would have been here ..this is our first and I absolutely love being pregnant. I can't wait to meet him but I'm sad I have less than 7 weeks to go..I can definitely wait a bit after this one ..I said no sooner than next Sept do I wanna be preg..but that's mainly cuz I don't wanna be pregnant in the summer again...too damn hot
  • Options
    Done, done, done! Ready to have this baby and watch our kids grow :) Husband had the "big V" 
  • Options
    We are done after this one. This makes number three for us (technically two for DH but loves and treats my oldest as his own) and we will be completely outnumbered. There are practical reasons and kind of selfish ones for being done, but nonetheless I feel our family is complete. 
  • Options
    I always wanted three kids, and would still love to have a third but I absolutely haaaaaaate being pregnant so we are done. 

• Options
    It's a big fat D.O.N.E. for us.
    We have three little girls and this LO is a boy, I'm going to definitely have my hands full.
    I'm 27 and DH is 37. I'm getting my tubes tied during my scheduled c-section which is set for the day after Thanksgiving.