May 2018 Moms
Options

OMG I felt the baby kick!!!

Re: OMG I felt the baby kick!!!

• Options
    nanifrog said:
    @yesthisiskim0401 I just want you to know that you are probably feeling gas. 
    Kudos on livening things up.
    Also, I was on October '13 with you but never joined the FB group cause I'm weird with internet privacy. My sn was RedZee. And my DD's birthday is tomorrow. She had given us her list of demands.

Can someone give a tl;dr sum up of June?
    The FB group was a shit show. There are now two and I hardly remember the other group even exists and who the fuck is in it lol. 
    Happy birthday to your O13-er! Mine was today. They grew so fast. I can't believe we have 4yr olds. 

• Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Damn it! I really wish I could figure out how to make gifs work!
  • Options
    @nanifrog There is really no way to tl;dr all of June.  So many different posts.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    My other BMB, Dec 2012 was like, known for the crazies. We have no idea how so many crazies wound up there.

We started a fb group, and someone else had already had a fb group, but it wasn't our bump board specific. (It was mostly people from another pregnancy site.) When people asked to be added to our FB group. this person was like, secretly messaging them, pretending to be us, and adding them to their group.

For the longest time no one knew, but people were concerned because we would talk about something that they never heard, and vice versa. It took us a few weeks to realize that people were added to a different group without knowledge of it! Like, who the eff does that? So bizarre. 
    2/12: 100 mg Clomid + Bravelle last minute+ back to back IUI. BFN
    3/12 150mg Clomid + B2B IUI =BFP!! TWINS!
    Vanishing twin at week 6
    Tater-tot born January 3rd 2013

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    We had constant postings of "I swear it's twins! Doc only saw one, but I'm sure they're lying! I've gained, I've got so many symptoms, I'm showing!" Etc.

We had one member who was pregnant with twins, and she had to remind everyone in every post, every reply.  I remember getting into it with her, because she kept almost gloating that her twins were "natural" vs. infertility treatments. 

We had another one who told me I must not be infertile since I was clearly pregnant, when I disagreed with something she said. o.o 

PSA: If you refer to your multiples as natural, I will side eye the shit out of you. 
    Yeah given what an anomaly multiples are in other primates I wouldn't go around saying that... The medical field has been incredibly helpful in this regard, because multiples used to carry such a HUGE risk to the mother. Obviously there have been multiples born before, and they survived, and their mothers survived, but at a much lower rate than singletons. (My best friend wrote to me about this constantly when she came across an article about the increase of multiples in celebrities a few years ago. She had a degree in anthropology, and spent most of her time researching the similarities and differences between humans and other primates.)
  • Options
    Hahahahahaha!  My MIL was so shocked that I would "let" MH do that, and then I told her it was my idea!  I love love love that movie.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @thedawkterswife could you use mobile web? That's what I use and find it way better than the app.
  • Options
    We had someone steal donation money and someone fake a cancer diagnosis.  Then when called out, fake cancer person had a crazy relative harass another BMB member.  There were some other good ones that I am sure I am forgetting.  
    Are we in the same group? We had someone steal donation money too. And someone else fake an entire child. People are legit crazy. 
    Momma to four, and we're expecting one more!

• Options
    So I've never been in one of these groups before, when do they usually move over to FB?
  • Options
    We had someone steal donation money and someone fake a cancer diagnosis.  Then when called out, fake cancer person had a crazy relative harass another BMB member.  There were some other good ones that I am sure I am forgetting.  
    Are we in the same group? We had someone steal donation money too. And someone else fake an entire child. People are legit crazy. 
    Sadly, I don't think it's as rare of an occurrence as we would hope it to be. I remember donation money being used to buy the collector a nursery glider and some other expensive shit. Can't remember what board, but it was 2013 and it all went down on TB. 

• Options
    So I've never been in one of these groups before, when do they usually move over to FB?
    @thunderberry in my experience, usually after the babies are born. 

• Options
    @thunderberry in my experience, usually after the babies are born. 
    We semi moved over a month before babies started showing up.
  • Options
    Sadly, I don't think it's as rare of an occurrence as we would hope it to be. I remember donation money being used to buy the collector a nursery glider and some other expensive shit. Can't remember what board, but it was 2013 and it all went down on TB. 
    Definitely not the same then. What is wrong with people...don't they have a conscience?! Crazy shit. 
    Momma to four, and we're expecting one more!

• Options
    @yesthisiskim0401 ::raises hand:: that was my BMB.  We don't actually know if she used to to buy a glider, but it was our running joke because she had gotten a pretty bad flaming over a Pottery Barn glider early on that she picked out but MIL wouldn't buy for her.  We collected money to donate for a mom who had TW
    lost her babyEnd TW
    She allegedly made the donation, forged proof of it, and when someone felt something was up, contacted the charity and got a letter stating that a $25 donation had been made at a much later date than was supposed to happen and the donation was supposed to be over $500.  When she got called out, she left the FB group.   She also never purchased and sent the windchimes that we had agreed to send to the BMB member.  

• Options
    @yesthisiskim0401 ::raises hand:: that was my BMB.  We don't actually know if she used to to buy a glider, but it was our running joke because she had gotten a pretty bad flaming over a Pottery Barn glider early on that she picked out but MIL wouldn't buy for her.  We collected money to donate for a mom who had TW
    lost her babyEnd TW
    She allegedly made the donation, forged proof of it, and when someone felt something was up, contacted the charity and got a letter stating that a $25 donation had been made at a much later date than was supposed to happen and the donation was supposed to be over $500.  When she got called out, she left the FB group.   She also never purchased and sent the windchimes that we had agreed to send to the BMB member.  

OMG I REMEMBER THIS. I was March 2014 but everyone was lurking this story. The pottery barn glider lady was a big deal on the bump back then. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lost her babyEnd TW

Well that’s shady AF. What the hell is wrong with people?
  • Options
    Links for anyone who is bored and wants to see the dumpster fire that it was:

The callout: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12320471/a-very-special-thursday-night-confession/p1

The link to the original glider thread doesn't work anymore
  • Options
    @mileswithmyles I might be remembering things wrong but I think a girl from my BMB found her husband on fb and messaged him about it or something like that...haha 

i do recall it being a shit show 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Someone definitely contacted her husband, because I think he was a lawyer if I am remembering correctly.  I don't remember who it was.
  • Options
    lost her babyEnd TW

Omg I can't believe we have a person who lives through it!!! 

Also, I vividly remember the girl JessnTim who was the other woman and convinced Tim was going to leave his wife for her and hire a night nanny. She made a huge "legal notice" in magenta text for all of us bullying her. Good times. 
    I remember that one, too.
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
    Woooow just wow...
  • Options
    @mileswithmyles I was June 2014 and I vaguely remember that, too.  So crazy. 

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    *lurking from Feb18*
    @yesthisiskim0401 The JessNTim threads are amazing! Great afternoon reading :)
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18