Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Check-In Week October 9

Joslynj11Joslynj11 member
edited October 2017 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check in for the mamas  who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us please post a: 
•Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
•How many babies you are pregnant with
•If you know the gender(s)
•How you have been feeling in your 3rd tri
•Any upcoming or recent appointments you may have had

Feel free to share pictures of your bump, nurseries, baby gear, and of course those babies when they arrive! 

QOTW: What has been the best thing that you have purchased or been given that has helped you with your pregnancy?

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:

@ChocolateIsLife  EDD 10/21/17 with a little girl
@mous-2 EDD 10/22/17 with boy/girl twins! 
@Joslynj11 EDD 10/26/17 with a little girl 
@PolythenePam EDD 10/31/17 with a little boy
@sasha29-2  EDD 11/18 with a little boy
@Jeansis EDD 11/30 with a little boy
@PoeMasque EDD 12/8 with a little boy
@clovelyone EDD 12/16 with boy/girl twins
@stella_700 EDD ?? with boy/girl twins
@wabash15 EDD 12/25 Team Green

Congratulations to @LeFemmeViolette on welcoming her baby girl last week! We all hope mommy and baby are recovering well. Also, we are anxious for an update from @EmilyE13! Hope everything is going well girlie!

ETA: Congratulations to @Emilye13 on welcoming your baby girl!! Sorry to hear there was a little bit of excitement but we are glad to hear you and BG are doing great!  @mous-2 we are all anxious to hear from you and hope you and your twins are doing well! Please update us when you can <3

Me: 29 DH:38
First RE Consult 3/9/2016
IVF ER 5/5/2016
23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
Transfer canceled OHSS
FET #1 6/2/2016 transferred 2 embryos
Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
FET #2 8/1/2016 transferred last 2 embryos (lost 4 in the thaw)
Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
IVF #2: Started stims 12/2 
ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
Praying my frosties are strong through the next thaw FX
FET # 3 2/07/2017 2 embabies thawed 2 embabies transferred
2/14/2017 *TW* First ever BFP
Beta #1 2/20/2017 277 Beta #2 2/23/2017 8,945...did I hear you right!
3/10/2017 One beating heart HR 168!! So very happy
3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry
6/8/2017 Anatomy Scan proves ITS A GIRL! 
10/30/17 An angel was Born; Riley Charlize 7:50 AM my heart is so full
*Praying that 3 is our charm*

Re: 3rd Trimester Check-In Week October 9

• Happy Monday!

So glad to hear an update from you @EmilyE13 and I look forward to your birth story!

Baby girl and I are checking in this week at 37+4 with still a lot to check off the things to do list before she gets here. We had our Strep B test at the 36 week apt and the results came in positive last Thursday so looks like Antibiotics all birth for me. Dr. said that baby should be fine as long as I have the meds every 4 hours. Other than that not a lot else going on.

QOTW: I think my favorite thing that I got was my belly band for the waist of my pants. It really helped me save on maternity clothes since my bump didn't grow out of control hehe  :D it will be done by the end but really saved the day!
    Me: 29 DH:38
    First RE Consult 3/9/2016
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    FET #1 6/2/2016 transferred 2 embryos
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    FET #2 8/1/2016 transferred last 2 embryos (lost 4 in the thaw)
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
    IVF #2: Started stims 12/2 
    ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
    Praying my frosties are strong through the next thaw FX
    FET # 3 2/07/2017 2 embabies thawed 2 embabies transferred
    2/14/2017 *TW* First ever BFP
    Beta #1 2/20/2017 277 Beta #2 2/23/2017 8,945...did I hear you right!
    3/10/2017 One beating heart HR 168!! So very happy
    3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry
    6/8/2017 Anatomy Scan proves ITS A GIRL! 
    10/30/17 An angel was Born; Riley Charlize 7:50 AM my heart is so full
    *Praying that 3 is our charm*

• Loading the player...
  • @EmilyE13 oh congrats she is beautiful! Let us know how things went, hope you can find time to recover and take it easy a bit!! <3

37 weeks here, just a bit sore if I sit too much but feeling good. I'm just trying not to think about when baby will come, I had my mind set that my daughter would come early and was sooooo impatient, so I'm trying to look at this as extra time with just me and my daughter if he comes late. We finally picked a name - Graham Michael, I ordered his Christmas stocking so that we couldn't go back ;) Carseat is installed, hospital bag is packed, I think I'm as ready as I can be!

QOTW Maternity jeans are magical and I will miss them haha, and bath salts. I look forward to a long bath every night, definitely helps any soreness.

• **Lurking**
    Has anyone heard from @mous-2? She last posted on Sept 25th that it was the day! I was just wondering how she and the twins were doing..
  • Congrats @EmilyE13!

I missed last week, but pretty much things are still moving along at 35+6.  My shower was this weekend, which, predictably, was not without its share of drama, but overall it went well and we got tons of nice stuff for kiddo.  Now I'm working on organizing his room.  DH finally bolted the furniture to the wall, so I've been busy washing and organizing all the sheets and clothes and toys and such.  We're hoping to put together the co-sleeper and the pack and play this week once I get the piles of clothes and sheets organized and just stow them in the kid's room til we're ready for them, but that way we can start convincing the cat that they are not just pretty new beds for her Royal Highness, lol.  And car seats are on the list for this week or next.  My last two-week appointment is this Friday, hopefully they'll tell me how he's measuring so far; the doc did the world's fastest ultrasound last time to confirm that he's head down, but it was literally just "there's the head ok all done now."  I have no idea on estimated size or anything.  

QOTW: I waited a LONG time to get a true u-shaped ginormous pregnancy pillow, and holy crap it's a game-changer. I still have to get up to pee every two hours, but at least this thing makes it easier to get comfortable again right quick.  Also, not that this is really a practical thing to do just for pregnancy, but going from a sedan to a small SUV.  My sedan rode very low, and getting in and out of it was getting more and more difficult the bigger I got.  Going to the small SUV, it's now a small step up to get in and a small drop to get out (and I'm pretty short) rather than a big drop to get in and then having to heave myself out.

• Congrats @EmilyE13! Looking forward to reading your birth story. It sounds like we both had "exciting" inductions and C-Sections!

AFM, not preggers anymore but thought I'd update anyway. Hazel is making fantastic progress, and drs estimate she should be able come home within a week or two.
    Even though I was technically discharged on Sunday, the hospital has allowed me to "board" and stay in one of the postpartum rooms while she's in the NICU- free of charge! I'm grateful for this because we live 40min away, but it's still hard to live life in a hospital room. I have to keep reminding myself that this is not forever and we'll all be home soon.
    Me: 32, Hubs: 36
    Married: September 2013
    TTC since April 2014, Dx: MFI
    DH started Clomid Oct 2015
    April-June 2016- 3 IUIs: All BFN
    July 2016- IVF #1: 16 eggs ->1 PGS-normal embryo
    Sept 2016- single FET #1: BFN
    Nov 2016- IVF #2 16 eggs -> 3 PGS-normal embryos
    Jan 2017- single FET #2: BFN
    Feb 2017- endometrial scratch
    March 2017- FET #3 (double transfer): BFP!
       Beta #1: 386 (9dp5dt), Beta #2: 1,960 (12dp5dt)
       Pregnant with: Triplets Twins Singleton
       It's a GIRL! :)
       EDD: November 16, 2017
       Dx w/ preeclampsia: Updated delivery date: 10/4/17
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi all, 29+2 with my pistachio, mostly just trucking along, we made some good progress on the baby room since we put the twins in toddler beds... Now I just have to settle on a final furniture arrangement.
       my favorite maternity thing is my snoogle... I couldn't sleep without it.
    @EmilyE13 I'm sorry labor was complicated but your baby girl is beautiful. I hope your recovery is smooth.
    @PoeMasque love the room!
    @LeFemmeViolette I'm glad to hear that hazel is making progress. Its great that they were able to make room for you to stay while she's still in the NICU. You will be home soon, just hold on to that.

*TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @PoeMasque ohhh love!!! I love yellow :) such a sweet space! 

@LeFemmeViolette she's in such a great place, I'm glad you can stay too! Keep us posted, love hearing from you :)
  • @LeFemmeViolette hang in there, it’s not easy to have a baby in the NICU, even if it’s for a few days, we now know that NICU parents often suffer PTSD. Be kind to yourself, new parenthood isn’t easy and a NICU stay is even harder, it’s ok to mourn your situation and still be thankful for baby’s arrival :) 

so glad to hear Hazel will be going home soon 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats to all who delivered since my last update! I am now a proud mama to my beautiful twins! I unfortunately gave birth early and my baby girl was in the nicu for a week but we weren't separated as I stayed in the hospital too with post partum preeclampsia! I thought that could only happen while pregnant but boy was I wrong. 

In any case, we are all doing well now and I'm glad to be home with my babies. 
  • Hi ladies! I'm 30+5 with di/di b/g twins. I've had a little more nausea the past couple of days and pubic bone pain. I had an ultrasound yesterday and baby girl's blood flow through her umbilical cord has slowed down so they think I'll have to deliver them within the next couple of weeks. I'll see the MFM only and now I have to see them twice a week. They've given me a steroid shot to help the babies' lungs develop quickly in case they need to come out. My favorite purchase is my Snoogle and I love maternity pants. The waistvais so comfy.

@EmilyE13 @mous-2 Congratulations!

@PoeMasque Nice nursery!

@sasha29-2 I'm planning on getting an SUV too for the twins. I need to do that super soon now.

@LeFemmeViolette Congratulations and I hope your baby can go home soon. I'm glad you could stay there  too.

• @clovelyone I'm rooting so hard for you and your babies. On the upside you've made it far enough even if they have to come early hopefully everything will be just fine. 
    @mous-2 I'm sorry about the postpartum preeclampsia. I'm glad your home now with both babies. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @mous-2 Ugh preeclampsia for you too, huh? Sorry to hear. Yeah- its weird how it can happen after birth too!
    Me: 32, Hubs: 36
    Married: September 2013
    TTC since April 2014, Dx: MFI
    DH started Clomid Oct 2015
    April-June 2016- 3 IUIs: All BFN
    July 2016- IVF #1: 16 eggs ->1 PGS-normal embryo
    Sept 2016- single FET #1: BFN
    Nov 2016- IVF #2 16 eggs -> 3 PGS-normal embryos
    Jan 2017- single FET #2: BFN
    Feb 2017- endometrial scratch
    March 2017- FET #3 (double transfer): BFP!
       Beta #1: 386 (9dp5dt), Beta #2: 1,960 (12dp5dt)
       Pregnant with: Triplets Twins Singleton
       It's a GIRL! :)
       EDD: November 16, 2017
       Dx w/ preeclampsia: Updated delivery date: 10/4/17
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker