June 2018 Moms

Why My SO is Awesome!! Saturday 7 Oct

DashainaDashaina member
edited October 2017 in June 2018 Moms

Alright we clearly stick with our SO's (significant other) for some reason.  

Maybe we just keep them around to make the babies? Do the dishes? Or because we're totally madly in love?  Or maybe we are just trapped with them on an island in tropical paradise and can't escape? Just me? oh. Hmmm. Well then...moving on. :wink:

What have those SO's done for you this week that makes them the awesome person in your life?

Let's show them some love below!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Why My SO is Awesome!! Saturday 7 Oct

• Loading the player...
  • @catlady1215 that is so sweet and caring and loving!!  

My DH is currently building our home all by himself, no workers, etc (a fortress he calls it, and it LITERALLY looks like one)and spends almost everyday doing something to help move it along.  He works from around 10a to 6p and comes in for meals and short rest breaks.  He is doing most of this by hand (mixing concrete by hand, shoveling rocks and sand, making the molds for the pieces, etc.  It is really amazing watching what he envisioned coming to reality and he is fast!  All of this and he still manages to video his work and upload them almost daily (for youtube, since that is how we make our living monetarily) to snuggle with our girls, play with them on the island during the day and is sensitive to how I am feeling.  I really couldn't have asked for a better life partner for sure.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @sabby2 that's so great that he helps with that, it can be so difficult getting ourselves ready and our littles.  Having someone to help out with that is almost like a mini spa vacation, lol.
  • Woohoo, @bkrahn
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @bkrahn hahahahhaha (about no nookie time).  No, actually, DH does not work in construction.. He's what's known as a Polymath. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymath.  Way to go in the dishwasher score!! I am hoping to get a washing machine finally as we get closer to house completion. 
  • @Dashaina oh, that's very interesting! I've never heard of that description before. Fx that you get that washing machine soon! I'd be lost without one 
  • Ive also never heard of a polymath. Very cool!

I had to work for a few hours this morning. House was a little trashed when I left (toys, dishes, you know). When I got home, all was clean and toddler was happy and fed :smile:

I'm hoping to convince him I get to sleep in tomorrow. FX!
  • Yeah it's really the best way to describe him... Another label for it is versatile genius. It can be quite irritating to live with at times since he is almost always right... Literally. Grrr.  Me too on the Washer because my friend T leaves in a few weeks and then I will no longer have weekly access to one and go back to hand washing at the river which is quite a trek by peddle boat. (3km or so) 

That's fantastic news @meagster13
  • I LOVED those biscuits!! I may attempt to make some tomorrow.. Send me his recipe! Lol