Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

CP?

Hey ladies. I'm trying to figure out what's going on and prepare myself if it's a CP. I got a BFP last Friday. Saturday night I had a little bit of spotting and then Sunday I had periods of heavy spotting and then hours of nothing. Today has been light spotting all day. 

I called my doctor and the nurse told me they don't draw hcg levels unless you are over 6 weeks and I'm only 4w3d. She said just to take another home test next week. I'm trying to stay positive but assuming it's a CP at this point. Thoughts? Thank you so much for your help!

Re: CP?

• Options
    Your nurse is a crack pot. I've had blood drawn for HCG levels at 4 weeks and a day or two. From my experience, any time I've had spotting/bleeding I ended up having a MC/CP. However, there are some people who have had spotting/bleeding and ended up with a successful pregnancy. You could try to call and see if another nurse/doctor will give you a blood test. However, if it's a CP there's nothing you can do to stop it at this point. I'm sorry.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    Thank you! I thought it was odd. I just want to know if it is a CP/MC so I can move on if that makes sense. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Completely understand. I hope you can get a blood draw taken! 

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    My RE does a blood draw as soon as there is a BFP. Altho my reg ob-gyn def would not have unless I pushed. I hope you are able to get some answers. 
  • Options
    that is really weird of your OB - I'd find a new one stat.  I got a blood test the day I had a positive HPT.  I was 4 weeks along.  Spotting started 2 days after the had me do 2 more HCG tests.  The 2nd showed a decrease at 5weeks.  Then I had to get blood tests until HCG went down to 0.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Update: I ended up going to the ER this afternoon because I was having really sharp lower abdominal pain. They did a sono and hcg. They couldn't find a sack on the sono and hcg was 69. The pa thinks I started miscarrying over the weekend. At least I have some answers now.
  • Options
    @staylor3 sorry for your loss but glad you have answers and hopefully that can help you heal 
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss and that you had to go to the ER. :( But I'm glad you got some answers.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    Sorry for your loss