Pregnant after a Loss

Weekly Check-in: 10.10

Our board is SLOOOWWWW and we have some new gals, so I am going to try this check-in business again.  Also, to the ladies that are new, WELCOME!

How far along are you and how big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY:  What do you and/or significant other do for a living?  

Re: Weekly Check-in: 10.10

• How far along are you and how big is baby? 20 Weeks--size of an airplane

Appointments coming up? Anatomy Scan tomorrow. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally, I am still all over the place.  Feeling the baby move has helped--but until I see a healthy baby, I will be anxious.  Physically, I feel great.  No complaints other than some lower back pain. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Tomorrow, obviously.  Then viability.  

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

GTKY:  What do you and/or significant other do for a living?  I teach preschool in a public elementary school.  DH owns his own agriculture business.  
  • Hi.. I am new to this forum. I had 2 previous miscarriages. One 2015 and another 2016. Now I am 8+4 with third pregnancy. I went for an early pregnancy abdominal scan yesterday and was told they didn't get heartbeat and I was measuring 6 weeks. I refused a vaginal Scan as the ones done in my previous pregnancy was slightly painful. I was told to come back in two weeks. I have no pain or bleeding and only experience exhaustion and breast pain in all pregnancy. Has anyone else measured less than expected with no heartbeat  and got good results later? 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you and how big is baby? 
    I am very new here, just got a BFP on 10/13. I am 5 weeks and terrified since I lost my last one at 6 weeks. I haven't made any appointments yet, I will call tomorrow. Right now I am a complete mess! I am excited to experience this again but terrified it will not last. At this point, the biggest milestone we are looking forward to is making it past 6 weeks. I would love to be able to see my baby on an ultrasound and hear a heartbeat but I don't want to get ahead of myself. 

GTKY: I am a 911 dispatcher for the Sheriffs Office and SO is a contractor with the government. 

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• How far along are you and how big is baby? 
    I am 18 weeks + 5. We had the anatomy scan Monday, and our baby boy was came in at 8 oz!

Appointments coming up?
    We will have an appointment in the village (we live in rural AK) in November and go in for a follow up ultrasound in December. Since our little boy was being a stubborn kiddo, we couldn't see a clear picture of his heart, but what they could see all looked perfect (and did at 12 weeks too), so that was reassuring. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?
    Excited, like I can finally let this pregnancy be real, but also a little scared because of having to go in for another ultrasound (even when I'm pretty sure there's nothing to worry about).

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?
    Feeling ready to buy stuff for baby!

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Anybody else ever have to go in for a follow up ultrasound because of their baby's positioning? We live off the road system in Alaska, so I have to go to Anchorage (2 flights away) to get an ultrasound, and it makes me nervous to always have to travel so far.

GTKY:  What do you and/or significant other do for a living? 
    My husband and I both teach in rural Alaska. 
    JGL
  • I wish all of you ladies the best! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. @eranvo27I hope you anatomy scan went well. I was terrified before mine. It was the same point that I found out I had lost the last one. Seeing a moving baby was such a monumental relief. 
    JGL