Baby Names

Girl Name Opinions & Suggestions!

apenc6apenc6 member
edited October 2017 in Baby Names
We just found out that we're expecting a little lady. We have a short list of names we both love and agree with. I'd love feedback on those & any suggestions you'd add! I'll also include names I love but DH doesnt, so you can see what I like. 

Short List
Penelope nn Poppy
Charlotte
Rosie
Amelia
Olivia
Sage

Names I Loved (vetoed)
Lucy
Hazel
Violet
Juliet
Ruby

Re: Girl Name Opinions & Suggestions!

• I absolutely love Penelope and Sage! 
  • Do you care about popularity? Some of yours are very popular, not sure if that is a factor for you.  I love Rosie as a nn with Rosalie as a full name. I also love Charlotte but don't like the popularity of it. Suggesting--

Iris
    Clara
    Alice
    Elise
    Nora
    Daisy 
    Lydia 
    Sarah 
    Cecilia 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not extremely opposed to popular names. If the name we adore is popular, it is what it is!
  • Penelope nn Poppy cute
    Charlotte also cute, super over the nn Charlie though
    Rosie too nicknamey. Rose, Rosemary, Rosalie would all be lovely
    Amelia prefer other names on your list
    Olivia same
    Sage I think this would make a lovely middle name

Suggest

Garnet
    Laurel
    Juniper
    Felicity
    Louisa
    Colleen
    Victoria
    Vera
    Genevieve
  • I looooove Rose with the nickname Rosie 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • love rosie as a nn my vote would be for a more formal version and use rosie as nn
  • You have so many good names!

My favorites are Penelope, Amelia and Charlotte
  • cantrelljacantrellja member
    edited October 2017
    You have some great choices! i have a Charlotte who is 13 now and yes, we are hearing it a lot more as we walk thru the world now than we did when she was little. I still love it, though, and don't regret using it. It's strong and pretty at the same time. When she was little, we used Lottie as her nn.

The other name on your list that stands out to me is Penelope-- absolutely LOVE it! And Poppy is precious as the nickname. To me, it has "presence" and strength. Rosie is only a nn to me-- but Rosamund, Rosalind, Rosemary, Rose, and Rosalie are all "real names." I'm over Olivia, and Amelia is headed that way for me (although I much prefer Amelia to Olivia these days). Sage is solidly NMS...trendy and I don't think it will age well. Have you considered:

Annabel
    Harriet
    Lucinda
    Claudia
    Daphne
    Louisa
    Nora
    Bridget
    Millicent
  • Rosie is my favorite from your list.  I like it as a nn for Roselle.
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17