November 2017 Moms

FTM Check-in: 10/2

1) How far along are you?
2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?
3) Cravings/symptoms?
4) Rants/raves/concerns?
5) Anything else you want to add/ask?
6) GTKY:  What's on your pregnancy to-do list for this week?

Re: FTM Check-in: 10/2

• 1) How far along are you? 35+2.  Holy crap.

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? I'll have another appointment this Wednesday, and have the GBS test done.

3) Cravings/symptoms?  Still with the sour things.  Actually, I used Halloween as an excuse to get Sour Patch kids.  And I don't really like candy.  But sour and spicy are doing the trick still.

Last week's heat wave was terrible for swelling in my hands and feet.  For that alone, I'm really glad the temperatures have cooled off, although that is just making the nipple vasospasms in the morning worse.  I tried to order breast hot therapy packs off Amazon, but inadvertently ordered ones that cannot be warmed up in the microwave.  Who has 10 mins to let them soak in hot water when trying to get ready for work!?

4) Rants/raves/concerns? Being 35 weeks pregnant and sick sucks.  It's been 5 days.  The first day and a half, my throat was super painful.  Then it shifted to balloon-head congestion.  It's moved down into my chest for phelgmy coughing.   So lovely.  I've been sucking down tea with honey, chicken soup, and jello.  But other than regular strength Sudafed my midwife said not to take anything.  At least I didn't run a fever. Kid is moving around a lot these days, so I guess that is a very good sign. 

6) GTKY:  What's on your pregnancy to-do list for this week? Finish up and put up the nursery decorations.  We did not paint the room as it was already a nice neutral sand color.  But I picked up a set of colorplate illustrations of the original Alice in Wonderland edition and am coloring those for the nursery.  My sister framed a set of my favorite quotations from the book for my baby shower.  Together, I plan to make a little gallery wall near where the crib will be whenever my husband finishes making it.

I also want to get a few more freezer meals made up.  My husband keeps saying "I think you're gonna want to cook, so don't make too many!"  He's probably right.  But it's driving me nuts.  I feel like the first week or two, at least, I'm just going to be too exhausted to try and cook.  He's a pretty decent cook himself, if he has a recipe to work from and all the ingredients on hand.  I just want enough crock pot meals put aside to get us to Thanksgiving.
  • 1) How far along are you? 34+5
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Last week I had an uneventful OB visit and next week I bump up to weeklies.
    3) Cravings/symptoms? I'm still craving gummies and ate almost a whole pack of Swedish fish the other day! Baby seems to enjoy sweets and carbs :)
    4) Rants/raves/concerns? I'm slowing down with exercise in these final weeks. I don't want to stop altogether but find I can't do nearly as much without hurting afterwards. Mostly doing slow walks and gentle prenatal yoga now.
    5) Anything else you want to add/ask? Any other FTMs scared about the birth? In my birth class they showed a terrifying video last week and it completely freaked me out!
    6) GTKY:  What's on your pregnancy to-do list for this week? Write shower thank-you notes and finish going through the baby gifts. Still need to wash the baby clothes and rearrange furniture to make room for all the new baby stuff. Whew!
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) How far along are you?
    34 weeks today

I had 2 appts last week. The first was because I had some concerning lower abdominal pain, and the 2nd appt due to a blood pressure concern.  My Bp seems to be increasing every few days,  so I'm being closely monitored.  

3) Cravings/symptoms?
    Still drink lots of lemonade. 

4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    Been unnerved about my BP being higher,  and I'm sure that doesn't help. Generally feeling a bit overwhelmed as I head into the final weeks.  

I've been super emotional in the past few days. Just curiousif anyone else had an increase in the area.  

Get some more of the house organized, like putting the pnp in our bedroom,  washing some newborn clothes....
  • Omg @curiousfool1  you are getting so close 

1) How far along are you? 31+6

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? 2 visits with my chiropractor to work on Webster method, a growth scan and referral to the cardiologist Thursday 

3) Cravings/symptoms? Peanut butter. And crushed ice  Symptom wise just tired easily and insomnia. 

4) Rants/raves/concerns? Just putting in lots of work to try and get him to turn from transverse. We have made some progress with my ligaments, I'm doing inversions and stretches daily so hoping that pays off soon 

6) GTKY:  What's on your pregnancy to-do list for this week? My shower Saturday back with all my family and friends!! 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• @buhundbae I am also a FTM, and getting very anxious about the delivery. I know I will be a c-section,  so there's a bit more information that I can research.  Just worried about the physiological piece not the physical.  Also,  nervous to meet the little turkey who's been kicking me.  
  • @buhundbae - I guess I'm not particularly nervous about the birth process itself.  I am planning and hoping for a low-intervention, natural VB.  Two books I've found helpful so far are "Mama Natural" and Ina May Gaskins classic childbirth book.  I'm a bit concerned about having to be induced (my mother was with all 5 of us), with a baby that has a gigantic head (runs on husband's side), and seemingly little things.  

The Mama Natural book is written on a week-by-week style, and has affirmations each week.  Most of the time I only gloss over them.  This week it stuck with me.  The affirmation was to the effect of "Labor cannot be bigger or more difficult than I can handle, because labor is me, and comes from within me."  

• 1) How far along are you? 32+4

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Had one last week, all good.

3) Cravings/symptoms? My appetite has definitely started to decrease. I generally feel pretty good, but baby is sitting low and causing a lot of pelvic discomfort whenever I walk, like, even one step. Other than that, just tired.

4) Rants/raves/concerns? Nothing comes to mind!

5) Anything else you want to add/ask? @buhundbae I totally understand feeling scared of birth and used to be utterly terrified of it myself. But fear makes pain worse, unfortunately, and can even make your body shut down the natural labor process (because our bodies interpret the fear as meaning we are in an unsafe place to bring our babies into the world), so this is a great time to start thinking of birth as a positive experience! You might find it helpful to read some positive birth stories to counteract that darn video that scared you. Remember that women have been doing this as long as humans have existed! You've got this! And you'll get to meet your sweet baby when it's all over.

6) GTKY:  What's on your pregnancy to-do list for this week? My baby shower was over the weekend, so I've been working on getting the new things organized. I got most of it done yesterday, but still need to fold and put away the clothes I washed, and figure out where to put a few other little things. And write thank you notes! I also need to get my midwife to fill out a form that will allow us to use our health spending account for our doula. And I have a lot of reading to do for labor prep as we are aiming to go natural / intervention-free and I still have a lot of work to do to get mentally prepared. (@curiousfool1 - Mama Natural sounds interesting, I will take a look at that!)
    33 weeks
    Thursday I go in for my 32w appt (some reason I've been a week behind on my appts) and I gotta get my tdap and flu shots (and I have a cold so well see if they even let me get them)
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    No cravings still. RLS, uncontrollable body temps, constipation, hemmorhoids, you know the fun stuff
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    DH! look at the baby names thread if you're confused but he's really starting to drive me nuts - more so than before about these names

um... ask my SIL for the carseat again. Install it if I can get it. Maternity pictures are supposed to be on Sunday but I still don't have a time or place (photographer said she'd let me know and she never answered - I even messaged her this weekend!) And get the shelf attached to the wall and the table put together in the nursery.
  • @DungeonTrollMel I've been craving crushed ice (and really any type of ice) too! I'm not normally an ice chewer but I found out at my last appt I had low iron and apparently chewing ice is a symptom. I've added an iron supplement and it is helping with my dizziness and fatigue (a little bit I think anyways) but still craving ice. You may want to ask your doc about your iron levels if you haven't already...just in case!
  • @mymulligan my iron and blood levels are actually on the high end. I always like chewing on ice, I've just noticed it a little more lately. I think it's just a nice break from trying to cram in 120 oz of boring water a day 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• @curiousfool1
    Gah. The GBS.  Mine is next appointment too next thursday .along with a bonus blood draw to check vitD .
    Less than fun 

• hi bumpies!  i've been in and out of posting, but missed this thread a lot!  <3

1) How far along are you?
    32+2 (i think?)
    i'll be seeing my midwife on wednesday for regular check-up and also going for an ultrasound to see if my placenta moved up because, as my midwife states, it is a hair close to my cervix.  fingers crossed pllllllllease.
    3) Cravings/symptoms? 
    not really any cravings going on - surprisingly they have calmed down.  holy gheeze symptoms outta nowhere though - heart burn, insomnia (hello! 3am to 7am every night wah) and having to pee all the g-d time.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    starting to get really excited for taking a leave (grateful to live in canada for the mat leave) and am starting to feel why folks say pregnancy is hard - prior to this it really wasn't that bad for me!
    any moms doing freezer meal things?  i haven't thought of doing this since both my husband and i will be off but now i'm second guessing.  is it worth throwing down $200 on a new freezer to start 'em?
    starting to wash baby clothes that we've been gifted, continuing to sort out the nursery and baby proof the house.  i'm really scared for this one as i live in an old wonky house - anyone else fearing baby proofing ???
  • fishakris - yes!  i've been rather emotional too!

34w
    No appointments this week.
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    Not a lot of cravings, but I'm feeling a lot of aches and pains, especially in my lower back. Also baby is kicking me around the ribs here lately.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    Rave: DH randomly got me flowers yesterday, so that made my day.
    5) Anything else you want to ask?
    Don't really have anything for this week. I guess just try not to let my stress level get too high with work.
  • Thanks to all for the support and encouragement on birth fears! I'm taking your suggestions and already starting to feel a little calmer.