TTGP Grad Check-in // week of 9/27

doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
edited September 2017 in June 2018 Moms
I miss my TTGP ladies! :) 

How far along are you?

How are you feeling?

Any recent/upcoming appointments?

Re: TTGP Grad Check-in // week of 9/27

• Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're just having a public PM convo at this point lol. I was hoping there were some TTGP grads that didn't feel comfortable posting in the grad thread but were urgently waiting for the June board to open up.... but alas, no. 

I'm 4+4. Starting to need midday naps. My boobs are only sore sometimes, and never that badly. I have a lot of twinges/cramps, though, which is unsettling.

I also have this crazy wrist issue going on, but it's too early for that to be pregnancy related, right?? I have naturally very loose joints (like, double jointed, sorta problematic, can't do yoga because my joints are too bendy), but now I can't reach away from my body with my right hand without it feeling like my wrist is going to dislocate. I can bend it, rotate it, etc., with zero problems as long as my hand is near my torso. There's no swelling, no tingling in my fingers, etc. I'm walking around with a t-rex arm! I've been sleeping in a brace, but it doesn't help at all, and I can still hurt my wrist if I move my wrist in the brace away from my body. Sigh. I swear if this is just what relaxin does to my body, and it's going to feel like this for the next 9 months, I'm going to lose my isht. 

No appointments upcoming. Waiting on beta results before I schedule my 8 week. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe they're just waiting alittle bit! Fingers crossed for lots more to join us.

pgal brain is funny. You're uneasy over twinges and cramps.... I get nervous when I haaaven't felt anything in awhile... there's no happy medium, I swear.

I can say I had seriously painful hands/wrists at the end of my son's pregnancy. Not really in the beginning. But anything is possible! Hopefully that eases up or yah, you got a long 9 months!

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @doxiemoxie212 Lurking in from April :) One of the first things I noticed that was different about my pregnant body (very early, just a couple days after my BFP) was an inexplicably painful wrist - I couldn't put any pressure on it and it felt like I'd fallen on it, but I hadn't done anything. It went away after a few days, but I have since had a couple of other incidents where I feel like I sprained or seriously hurt my wrist or shoulder. At one point I could hardly drive. It still seems like I was feeling it crazy early and it couldn't possibly be pregnancy related, but I read that relaxin (the hormone that makes your body extra stretchy during pregnancy) production is way high during first tri, so maybe not so weird?
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @hedgepig yea definitely could be. My wrist is weird because it only hurts when I reach for something lol. Like it's a normal wrist (I can rotate it, bend it, anything) as long as it's near my torso. But god forbid I forget and reach to put on my socks or grab a glass of water, suddenly my wrist is like I SHALL DISLOCATE FROM THIS EARTHLY BODY AND FLEE and it hurts like a bitch. And obv I keep forgetting because it's a normal wrist until then. Sigh. FX it at least goes away in second tri...? 
  • *lurking from May*  Congrats @marcus7676!!  I don't know if we posted on TTGP together for very long, but I'm still lurking over there and I'm so happy for you!

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @sandbar517 thank you and same to you!! 
  • @marcus7676 congrats and welcome!!
  • It's so slow! When are more people going to join June! lol
  • Right? Today's my ticker change. I was like should I even start it? Nah, I'll be talking to myself lol.
  • edited September 2017
    Hey everyone STM here I'm 3+6 weeks today.  Mom of a 13 month old, Bata testing set for next week!  Soo glad to be here. 
  • doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited September 2017
    Hi @Lindsaynicole86! Welcome! You might want to intro on the "introductions" thread since that's where most will be looking. This thread is for those of us who were on the TTGP board on The Bump so not sure many others will check here. :) 

ETA: ditto @WaitingMay14 :)
  • Hello ladies STM here 4 +4 here. Had my betas done first draw was 105 and second was 168. Obviously really nervous about the second rise as it didn't double. Hoping to stick around :) congrats ladies. 
  • welcome @BurlapandLace! I felt the same way about calling my doc. I waited until I had a solid pee stick progression (lol) before I called about betas. Now I'm just waiting on results! :) 
  • Wrist update: went to acupuncture today. She thinks it's actually a neck/upper back issue so she put a ton of needles in that area and it huuuurt. It sorta makes sense since the pain had started radiating to my elbow and up my arm.  She said it'll take some time to fix (yay?) but at least I don't have to worry it's relaxin related...? Uhhh but I guess my wrist brace is sorta useless. 
  • @BurlapandLace congratulations! I'll miss you on TTGP solely because your name reminds me of my wedding. I really want you to stay here though!  
  • Thanks @br0co1ii
    I honestly didn’t think anyone would notice I wasn’t on TTGP anymore. I hope I stay here too. And I hope you are able to join us! 
  • edited October 2017
    I've been stalking the TTGP page like a creeper since my last miscarriage.

So excited to have you ladies graduating! ♡
    Edit : bump ate half my post! 
  • I don't think we have any new TTGP folks yet so I'm not starting a new checkin thread, just reviving this one. :)

In case anyone searches for wrist problems in the future, I went to the physiatrist yesterday, and she thinks it's De Quervain tendinitis? Even though I don't present typically.  She just wants me to wear this weird brace with a thumb  attachment and then if that doesn't work Cortisone shots? Not sure I'm comfortable with the latter.  Le sigh. 
  • yah I was about to start it and didn't know if I should. I hope some more come over soon!

don't think I've heard of that. was it triggered by the pregnancy? or probably not, and would have happened anyway? I don't know if I'd feel comfortable with the shots either honestly. But I've never researched it to know if its safe at all.
  • @catlady1215 basically, she's not sure (sigh). The way the pain is presenting is really odd, but where the pain is located limits what the options could be. She thinks that since I have naturally loose ligaments and am naturally extremely flexible, that I might be more sensitive to small amounts of relaxin, and that could have just wrecked havoc on my wrist since it's a delicate area, and I probably had some underlining issues from all the time I spend on a laptop/using my giant iphone+morphie case one handed. So, I will wear the brace and hope it gets better. And then if it doesn't I guess I'll debate how much I enjoy using my right hand lol. I think I'll probably just deal with it, though. The research online does support its safety, but IDK. Freaks me out. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 yikes! Well in this case, I hope it ISN'T triggered by the pregnancy... just so you have a better chance of it feeling better before, oh, June!

right hands are over rated anyway. I mean you could totally survive with just your left, right? (Says the right handed person, who can't do much with her left besides use a knife lol).
  • @catlady1215 lol DH keeps saying, "But now is your chance to become an ambidextrous ninja!" Meanwhile I'm struggling to eat with my left hand lol. Absurd. I've already broken some dishes because of this. 

Oh, the best part of the doctor visit was when she was testing to make sure I didn't have any nerve damage in my upper back/neck or upper arms, and so she was testing my muscle strength in my right hand against my left, and she goes, "Well... you have a lot of muscle weakness... but it's equal on both sides, so I guess that's just normal for you?" 

•  @doxiemoxie212 :D should have been like well thanks for calling me weak doc!
  • congrats @mls6212!!
  • Congrats @MLS6212 ! I was a 2/2 on TTGP so didn't celebrate there. But you are definitely welcome here. I can understand your hesitancy but we will be here to support you!
  • @icecubeinthedesert yesssss!!! So happy for you! Congrats!!
  • @icecubeinthedesert WHAT??? Yessssssssss!! I'm so excited!! Congrats!!!