TTC After a Loss

October TWW

Good Luck to everyone this month!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: October TWW

• Guess I'm in it until the flow starts. Day 2 spotting. Today's spotting is less than yesterday's. 
  • @vlagrl29 it's. It over till it's over. I've got everything crossed for you! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I just posted in the September TWW and realized it's a whole new month, so my apologies for the duplicate. I guess my brain isn't ready for it to be October yet.

AF is due today, but so far not much indication that it'll arrive on time, which is super annoying. I tested yesterday again and another BFN, so I'm just waiting to start over so I can get back on the train next month. In the meantime, I guess I'm still hanging out in here.
  • I just posted a response in the other TWW! I’m still waiting for AF. Prob another day. Bleh. 
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited October 2017
    meh spotting got stronger this morning and I feel a bit crampy.  Have a feeling today will be CD1 yuck!  Oh well lots of puppy snuggles tonight.

This was our first month really back to timing everything and making more of an effort.  I have to say I do much better when I don't give a shit.  Af always comes even if I'm pregnant so that's why it doesn't bother me to much.  Gotta keep reminding myself to stay in the present moment because it's pretty dang good.
  • I think I should be here now, had a strong opk peak during last weekend (just like the cycle that I got bfp, but isn't it always like "oh the stars are aligned exactly the same as when I got bfp, it's a sign!", lol). Last EOD BD happened yesterday, just in case I O'd a day after the peak. I am glad we can have sex just for fun now. I am not sure how I stand with my hopes this month, I think I started accepting the fact that it's a total lottery with ttc, and then another lottery with having all the chromosomes just right. 
  • I hope we all win the lottery this month @aga31 :)
  • Urge to POAS was too great today. BFN. 12 DPO. Expecting AF tomorrow. FX for the rest of you! 
  • @Kath525 Sorry about that, try to stay positive about next month!
  • Ugh Sorry for the BFN @Kath525. Here's to hoping October is your month! 

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @Kath525 Sorry for the BFN.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• @Kath525 sorry for the BFN.

Not totally sure how many DPO I am, but I POAS twice yesterday. In the morning, then at night. BFN, but no surprise. The only reason I'm not POAS today is because I haven't been home really. I'll probably get a chance to test again tomorrow though. 
  • Still here (jumped over from Sept TWW.) I dont track my o but im CD22. Just got back from obgyn. He wants to run some blood tests and a hysteroscopy to see if we can find any answers. I'm falling down the rabbit hole reading all kinds of horrible hysteroscopy stories. Ugh. But I do like my obgyn and he's got a fantastic reputation in town so hopefully I have nothing to worry about. 
  • @40momma - what is the hysteroscopy for?
  • @vlagrl29 he said to initially check for a septum, is that the right procedure? Maybe I got the wording wrong. 
  • edited October 2017
    Edited to note I am lurking from the bench 

@40momma  I just had a hysteroscopy done to remove my septum. This may be long... but there are a few ways to diagnose septate: 1. ultrasound, 2. HSG, 3. SHG, 4. MRI. 4.hysteroscopy (which is the sur@40momma remove it too, sometimes also done with laparoscopy too)

I had an initial ultrasound with RPL panel which caught the septate. My original OB said that it's an easy way to poke around (non-invasive) to see if you can catch it, but not 100%. I then started going to the RE who insisted on an HSG. While at the hospital I mentioned that we were looking for a septate and the Doctor said the purpose of HSG is mainly to see the flow (blockage etc) and that it could or could not come up on the HSG, but not to be surprised if they would order an SHG. RE insisted it would show after I was concerned, but then a few weeks later after reading, said I would need to go for an SHG  :| These are all scheduled day 5-12 of your cycle(at least at my clinic), so you may end up being benched while you're waiting or waiting for a cycle. I dealt with a lot of BS then trying to get the hysteroscopy scheduled with the RE clinic, so I went to the surgeon OB at my old clinic, who basically told me they wasted months of my time, because it was picked up on my initial ultrasound (still bothers the crap out of me, trying to let it go). Another bump member mentioned that her OB moved forward with only an ultrasound. 

So, if time is an issue for you (I'm sure it is for most of us) - I would recommend requesting they go straight to the SHG or hysteroscopy if you're comfortable with that. Here's a pubmed article that I found after the fact that may be helpful for you: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21314802

And of note, my surgeon OB mentioned, that even with HSG, SHG etc done, that the only single way to know the actual size/impact is during the hysteroscopy. The other procedures just give them a heads up on what to expect. If your OB is going straight to that, I would ask if there is a septum if you can just have it removed right then and there (it will save you time and money) if he is actually going straight to the hysteroscopy (but if you don't have a septate may be another procedure for nothing?) . Other benefit of the hysteroscopy is that if you have any polyps, endometriosis etc, I believe they can remove to help the issue during this as well. 

Whew, ok. Hopefully this was helpful and maybe helped you avoid what I went through. 
  • I don't even know what a septum is - how do they know to check for this stuff?
  • Yeah I didn't either until yesterday. He said it's a somewhat common reason for mc especially between 6-8 weeks (my first loss was 7w5d, my second was 5w3d). So based on the timing of my losses, he said its worth looking into. He goes in with a little camera to check the shape of my uterus. 
  • @msstephanielynn thank you so much for the info. All of this is new to me. He wants to go straight to the hysteroscopy so I guess that's good. I'll be 41 on Sunday so no time to waste...
    Luckily I'm in Canada so there's no charge for the procedure so that may be a reason as well why he decided to go straight to it. After an US with my first loss he did note that I had a tilted uterus, not sure if there's any connection there or not. He didn't bench me (yet) and scheduled me for Oct 30th. I'm assuming I should take next cycle off BD (unless of course I get my BFP next week
  • @vlagrl29 The septum is a part of the uterus that is fibrous and has little/to none blood flow. So if the embryo implants in that area it cannot sustain an entire pregnancy and as 40momma mentioned most of the losses happen in the first trimester. In some women they are very large, but even a small one can be problematic in the fact that it's a likely spot for an embryo to hit and implant. It can increase the rate of miscarriage up to 75%. You probably haven't heard much about it because it's actually quite rare and technically considered a birth defect from when the uterus forms. I think there have only been 4-5 others in the bump search history who have mentioned it. Usually they would pick up a hint of it if you are looking for a reason for miscarriage via ultrasound, HSG, etc. 

@40momma That's wonderful that you will have no charge! Not sure on the tilted part... It's a pretty easy procedure if you do have a septate that's removed, only a few days rest. I was told to wait 1 cycle. If you don't have it at least all will not be lost since they will be able to poke around in there and see if there's anything else going on. The good news is that if you do have it, they say after the surgery that you go back to normal rate of miscarriage. I'm trying to keep this in the forefront of my mind as we are making our way off the bench, but mentally it's been difficult with the previous losses. 
  • *Lurking from WTO*
    @40momma I have a REALLY tilted uterus and have been told by my OB that it's super common and has no effect on TTC or PG. She compared it to eye color. Some people are blue eyed and some brown, neither color effects the ability to see. I thought that was pretty reassuring.
  • Well I learned something today @msstephanielynn - I guess it's something that if you have multiple losses they look into.
  • Hm I've learned a lot today. I never gave much thought to a tilted uterus, though I recently found out that I have a tilted uterus. :) But it had nothing to do with my MC -it was a chromosomal disorder. And my first pregnancy was successful. 
  • @fishee333 We are not only edd buddies but also had mc for the same reasons, are we cycle buddies as well? i am 4dpo
  • @aga31 :) No idea, I'm sure I'm somewhere in the TWW but I haven't been tracking this cycle. I normally have a 28 day(ish) cycle, but who knows now. 
  • the crazy tww brain is here. I had a very light brown discharge today, so of course made too much in my mind out of it. I had zero pregnancy symptoms with my loss beside of missed period, so I don't know what I am thinking. Why am I doing that to myself?!
  • @MooFish2364 yay!!! Congrats!!!!! 
  • Yay @MooFish2364 that's great news!!
  • @MooFish2364 Yay!!! Congratulations! FX for a healthy 9 months!!
  • I think I go here now.  IUI on Thursday. 2 days of a temp rise so pretty sure Od Thursday 
  • ****lurking

@MooFish2364 Fx for you.  Congrats lady !
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @MooFish2364 -  How exciting!  Congrats!  Hope it sticks and is your rainbow!
  • @MooFish2364 congrats! 

@Mack2342 I've got my FX for you!!
  • @MooFish2364 Congrats!!!! FX for a sticky rainbow baby :) H&H 9 months!
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• YAYY @MooFish2364!!!! FX for you and a healthy 9 months!!!
  • I also think I go here now too... for the second time this cycle :relieved: FF gave me solid CH this morning for Wednesday, which would make me 3dpo now. Hopefully my temps stay up and this time it’s for real!! Unfortunately our timing wasn’t that great because my mom was visiting and staying at our house all week, so we only got to BD on -2. I’m not all that hopeful for this cycle, but we shall see....
  • *lurking*

@MooFish2364 YAY!!!!!!!!! Congrats! I've got my FX so hard that this is your take home rainbow baby!!!
  • @MooFish2364 Congrats!!!!!!!!!