June 2018 Moms

Randoms 10/2-10/6

2»

Re: Randoms 10/2-10/6

• @doxiemoxie212 That's weird.  The nurse's assistant who scheduled my appointment told me upfront that there would be an ultrasound.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @RatParade I legit asked her 3 times, 3 different ways, and she was like, "Ma'am there is no way for me to tell you that. It is up to the doctor's discretion. She will make the decision in the moment based on how she feels." WHAT?? I already wanted to switch practices but now..... :#  
  • Loading the player...
  • @doxiemoxie212 waaat?  I would just ask for the nurse there. Front desk people are not always the most well informed.  I mean they know what to schedule but maybe a nurse could shed some light on what to expect at your appointment.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @sabby2 true. No one at this practice is ever on the same page, though. It's one of the reasons I want to switch, but it's so convenient, and the other places I got recos for aren't accepting new patients. :(:( wahhhh lol 
  • I had a bad day at work yesterday and missed the excitement.  I can't wait for next weeks UO.
  • @marcus7676 um, right!?  This BMB is starting off with a bang.  I hope we're not scaring away people! ;)
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• sabby2 said:
    @marcus7676 um, right!?  This BMB is starting off with a bang.  I hope we're not scaring away people! ;)
    :neutral: me too. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Well, I got a warning for the UO thread, so I guess we know where @bumpadmin stands on sexism. 
  • I guess I need to go get caught up on the UO thread!!
  • BurlapandLaceBurlapandLace member
    edited October 2017
    One of my BFFs is coming over tonight. And I feel kind of bad, but I don’t plan on telling her I’m pregnant. I guess it will be good practice for when my MIL is here next weekend and when DH’s grandparents (along with MIL and FIL) will be here the following weekend 

ETA ~ with DS we told immediate family and closest friends. So everyone above knew pretty early on. However, MIL blabbed her mouth after we told her not to and people knew that shouldn’t before we were ready to announce to them. So back then, we contemplated keeping EVERYONE in the dark next time. *TW - CP mentioned* after we had our CP last month, we had another reason to keep things quiet until we were sure and ready. *End TW* 

so nobody will know this this time until thanksgiving 
  • @meagster13 That was me reading this thread. Like crap! I missed all the excitement yesterday! *scurries off to read UO*
    DD is 3 and a new little one on the way! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @BurlapandLace I don't know when we will tell my in-laws because my MIL is weird about women who share they are pregnant before 12 weeks. *eyeroll* but I told my mom last night because I get MS and I see my mom multiple times a week - there was no way she wouldn't figure it out soon. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Re: Ultrasounds. My practice doesn't do a u/s until the anatomy scan unless you do the genetic testing at 14 weeks. I opted to do that just so I could see baby.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @chocomom2 that's exactly what I did with my first lol. I wanted a scan before the anatomy so I did the genetic testing at 12 wks. which did cause a lot of stress actually! but all was good in the end.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • 2 WTFs for the day

1. Wtf work cafeteria!? Why would you put salsa in a chicken alfredo casserole!? I almost can't stomach it.

2. Wtf morning sickness!  This morning I was showering and could smell the cat box, outside the bathroom, in the hall, that DH cleaned right before bed last night. I gagged/dry heaved so bad through my shower. Luckily DH moved it at my request.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• edited October 2017

@sabby2 the work break room I just cannot handle most days.  Between the loud talkers, loud chewers, loud bowl scraping.  I just can't.  It's one of my co workers birthdays today so we catered in lunch for him and it was so overwhelming.  I work in an office of about 25 people so that many people, in our conference room, eating.  
    Image result for shaking head gif

And my weekly random.  I have my first appointment at 3:45 and am very nervous.  Dr. said Monday that my Quant levels were high enough that we'll be able to see something and I'm very nervous about it.  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @BurlapandLace ugh, I hate that! we've always told close family & friends almost immediately after finding out.. but my mother has a bad habit too of telling coworkers/friends things when we've specifically asked her not to. *TW* with my second pregnancy, she took it upon herself to tell soo many people, including some of my past coworkers. Then we lost the baby before we got a chance to announce to everyone, and I had to approach some of those people and tell them the awful news. It was so hard. *end TW*
    We told them about our current pregnancy last weekend and right away she's like "ok, I'm just gonna tell the girls at work..." like, NO! We've been through enough pain, you can at least respect our wishes to keep this secret. 
  • Oh dear @bkrahn.. I'm sorry you have to go through that. :frowning: 

@PatientlyWaiting10 don't even get me started on loud chewers and bowl scrappers! Aaaaaahhhhhh. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Dashaina thanks girl.. it's so dumb because even after all that, I find it so hard to NOT tell her stuff. Because she's my mom, and I want to be able to do that. But she's also the mom that would read my diary/personal emails when I was 12 and called my whole family the moment I got my period for the first time. *face palm* definitely gives me some motivation to NOT be that way with my daughter. 
  • @bkrahn Yeah, I only get along with mine from a great distance (several countries involved in that distance) via email or whatsapp.  She was a snooper, but not like what you described yours to be, I couldn't imagine that and my heart feels for you for sure!! I would definitely withhold any information from her as long as possible OR have a serious talk with her about how it makes you feel, etc...that doesn't always work mind you, especially with old moms stuck in their ways, lol.  But it's good that you've gained the perspective for your daughter and how you want her to feel safe and loved, so at least your take away is positive! :)  Offering creepy internet hugs from Panama!! :wink:

@PatientlyWaiting10 omg I nearly peed my pants hahahahhaha.
  • @chocomom2 we live in a heavily Chinese dominated area of Panama and I have many many friends among them, but I remember telling 2 of my closer girl friends about my last pg TW and then about the subsequent loss TW and they were like (and I am not kidding how serious they looked me in the face and said this) in our culture it is bad luck to share the news before you can't hide it anymore.  I was like OMG!! I didn't need to know that, because now my PGAL brain is all flared up with that silly superstition and I just can't let it go!! :frowning:  
  • @Dashaina  I'm sorry PGAL brain has you feeling that way. But probably you would find some way to blame yourself - it's only natural to feel that way even though it isn't true!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @RatParade sorry girl, I wish this app sent notifications lol. I was spoiled last time they did my first appt early with my first because I had spotting. I guess it's a blessing they don't need to see me early this time. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @chocomom2 thanks girl. Yeah it's true, I probably would. Today is a real struggle for me. Ugh.