June 2018 Moms

Baby Names

What names are you considering for your little bub? :)

Bonus points for meanings & reasons why you picked the name(s)!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby Names

• Loading the player...
  • We are currently tossing names around. 
    Middle name will be a family name. (DS middle is my dad and DH name)
    Girl middle will for sure be Teresa. (My bff middle, MIL middle, FIL's moms first). 

@BurlapandLace - my son is Hunter <3 good pick ;)
  • @silvergreen I love the name Felix - - I'm pushing my H for it as well.  And wren is beautiful for a little girl!

• @marcus7676 Thanks!! :) Mine was on board straight away with Felix, which is why I think we are both settled on it. I personally feel it's a strong, timeless name and I love how it has such a positive meaning. Fingers crossed your DH comes around!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like Jonah for a boy since we already have a Noah, and I love Rosalie for a girl because that was my great grandma's name. (Rosa Lee)

Still looking for middle names and hubs isn't helping at all. He suggested Abraham for a boy. That's it. Smh. 
  • @kaydah Haha, that's exactly how mine is! I keep suggesting names and when he says no to every one of them I just get exasperated that he has nothing to offer!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @morristhecatmom I've always secretly enjoyed so-called "masculine" names/nicknames for girls. Charlie, Frankie, Joey, etc. ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @patientlywaiting10 I LOVE Everett. My DS's name ends in -rett, so I can't use Everett without them being similar. I hope you can convince your H!
  • We are doing Nico for a boy and we are thinking about Cleo for a girl. I have lists of names already, so obsessive!
  • edited October 2017
    @BlackAndGold09

We have a Charlotte.  We were in love with that name (and still am) when we started dating.  It is becoming a bit popular but what are you gonna do.  My mother is already calling her Charlie.....it's cute, but keep that in mind if you like or dislike that nickname. 
  • We don’t have any lists for this one yet, but DS’s name is Kane, which is my MIL’s maiden name. 
    So we‘ll probably use another family name. My FIL’s step dad (his predominant father figure) has the last name Kennedy, so that will probably make it onto a list. 
  • I'm finding this time around so much harder than last time. I started a list before we got pregnant, some of the names were ones we liked with A.

If we have a boy his MN will be Patrick. No MN chosen if baby is a girl.

Boys: Benjamin, Oliver, Caleb, Graham
    Girls: Charlotte, Lillian, Lucy, Grace

DD: 09/16/14 @ 37 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 09/29 @ 11 DPO | EDD: 06/11/18
    Betas: 10/04 - 235 | 10/10 - 2,975 | 10/13 - 8,150 | 10/16 - 21,987

• Right now I love Elias, Ezra, or Alaric for boys. I have no idea on a girl this time.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @BlackAndGold09

We have a Charlotte.  We were in love with that name (and still am) when we started dating.  It is becoming a bit popular but what are you gonna do.  My mother is already calling her Charlie.....it's cute, but keep that in mind if you like or dislike that nickname. 
    I actually LOVE the nickname Charlie!
  • DashainaDashaina member
    edited October 2017
    We decided when we got pregnant with DD1 (Aurora Jayde) that it would be fun to stick to alphabetical order... Beginning with A! So this is my 4th pg and hopefully 3rd living child.. And we're on letter C! I picked out the girls name for C like 5 years ago just after having DD2... (Bellatrix Athena)  But couldn't come up with a C boy name. I pick out the first names and DH picks the middle.. Then we agree or suggest alternatives.. Etc. And we seem to have a star/sky theme going so...this time we've got Caseaopeia Delphinium for a girl. 

And I have no idea for a boy. :(

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Dashaina said:
    We decided when we got pregnant with DD1 (Aurora Jayde) that it would be fun to stick to alphabetical order... Beginning with A! So this is my 4th pg and hopefully 3rd living child.. And we're on letter C! I picked out the girls name for C like 5 years ago just after having DD2... (Bellatrix Athena)  But couldn't come up with a C boy name. I pick out the first names and DH picks the middle.. Then we agree or suggest alternatives.. Etc. And we seem to have a star/sky theme going so...this time we've got Caseaopeia Delphinium for a girl. 

And I have no idea for a boy. :(

I LOVE bellatrix, dh and I are HUGE hp nerds!
  • I'm so glad I get to say this here. I don't want to tell anyone I know Tha names my DH and I are planning so getting to tell someone is really nice. 

For a boy it would be Xavier Larkin. Larkin is my husband's name and when we got married the one thing he wanted was for our first boy to be named Xavier. And he isn't even a X-Men fan. 

Anyway for a girl I want to name her Adelaide. And nickname her Dela.
  • DH and I cannot agree to save our lives. We have Brentley, and his name was so easy. This time around it is so hard! I love the name Elias, he hates it. We will likely use Daniel as a middle name as it is a family name on my mom’s side. My current choice for a girl is Jocelyn Laine after both of our moms. (MIL middle is Jo, my moms middle is Elaine.)

DH: 29 years old.
    Me: 25 years old.
    DS: born 12/30/14
    Baby #2 due 6/8/18

• DashainaDashaina member
    edited October 2017
    @BlackAndGold09... Thank you! I'm a big astronomy fan and really wanted  a B name that had a fantastic meaning (Bellatrix - star in the Orion constellation.. Meaning female warrior!) and was a star or something relating to the beautiful sky! (Aurora - Dawn). Not to sound completely ridiculous... But what is hp? 

@firsttimemommy997 I love Adelaide... Made me also thing of Adeline! Which I love too! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @Dashaina Harry Potter. Bellatrix Lestrange is a character in the books/movies. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DH likes Vera for a girl. I'm not opposed bUT not 100% sold.  Last time I struggled finding boy names... this time around I'm finding girl names difficult. Good thing we've got awhile!!
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @dinodna3 OMG! I feel like such a dunce. Lmao. Thank you for clearing up my confusion. 

I totally know of that series of books/movies and while I did enjoy reading the books. We actually didn't name her after that character. People used to ask me that all the time though. 
  • I think a girl would be Charlotte Ruby 
    A boy might be Benjamin Thomas, but I'm not in love with that yet. I like Nicholas too, but I don't know if I like Nick as a nickname.
  • I've been thinking about names for a while even though I made myself promise not to. 

For a girl I really love Cecilia with a potential middle name of Josephina for my grandma. 

For a boy we're thinking Jack after my husband's grandfather, but I don't love how popular that name is. No idea for a middle though. DH literally just threw out Tiberius and I honestly don't hate it (we're both pretty big trekkies). 

@firsttimemommy997 my friend has a daughter named Adelaide and I love that name!!
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• If I have a boy I want to name him Michael.  I love the name and all of the nicknames (Mike, Mikey).  I think that it looks professional on a resume.  Also my mom’s chemo nurse was a Michael and he was amazing, so it makes me fonder of the name.  DH isn’t saying no so far.  If it’s a girl probably Morgan (DD was Morgan for a day until DS renamed her).  We are notorious for deciding after the fact though, as much as we always swear we will decide beforehand.  
  • I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the names Noelle and August. DH thinks it's silly to use the names if they aren't born on the associated month/time of year. I can't decide if I agree with that or not. Thoughts?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @silvergreen I actually like them better when they’re NOT the month that they were born.  Cute either way though.
  • @silvergreen MIL is named after her birth month and honestly I think that's weirder. Like, it makes me feel like her parents couldn't think of a name lol.