April 2018 Moms

Have you started showing?

This is my second pregnancy, so I know I'll be showing sooner, but I'm just curious if anyone else has started showing yet? I'm 12 weeks today and I have started showing above my belly button, which seems odd to me. Though, full disclosure, I'm an out of shape heavier gal
TTC 12 years:
Timed - Timed w/Clomid - Timed w/Follistim
IUI w/Gonal-F - IVF w/Gonal-F & Menopur
IVF #1 Fresh cycle 02/14 - BFN
IVF #2 FET 6/13/14 - BFP!! 6/24/14 1st Beta 156; 6/26/14 2nd Beta 295 -- MC 7/1/14
IVF #3 FET 9/5/14 - BFP!!  9/16/14 1st Beta 89; 9/18/14 2nd Beta 208 - 10/1/14 US - TWINS!

Re: Have you started showing?

• This is my second pregnancy, so I know I'll be showing sooner, but I'm just curious if anyone else has started showing yet? I'm 12 weeks today and I have started showing above my belly button, which seems odd to me. Though, full disclosure, I'm an out of shape heavier gal
    QFP
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry, I wasn't sure what that was - still getting used to this forum. No need to be rude about it. 
    TTC 12 years:
    Timed - Timed w/Clomid - Timed w/Follistim
    IUI w/Gonal-F - IVF w/Gonal-F & Menopur
    IVF #1 Fresh cycle 02/14 - BFN
    IVF #2 FET 6/13/14 - BFP!! 6/24/14 1st Beta 156; 6/26/14 2nd Beta 295 -- MC 7/1/14
    IVF #3 FET 9/5/14 - BFP!!  9/16/14 1st Beta 89; 9/18/14 2nd Beta 208 - 10/1/14 US - TWINS!

• Or maybe remember we are all a bit emotional right now and cannot hear a tone of voice ect. when reading something 
  • Another minority voice here, but @ngolimento, I disagree that expressing an opinion is trying to be controlling. I think some of the attempts to keep the board organized is kinda controlling. I’m not saying you do this, but I’m just saying I’ve seen this every now and then on the threads here. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • irenejean said:
    Another minority voice here, but @ngolimento, I disagree that expressing an opinion is trying to be controlling. I think some of the attempts to keep the board organized is kinda controlling. I’m not saying you do this, but I’m just saying I’ve seen this every now and then on the threads here. 
    No, expressing an opinion isn't, but attempting to shame people and set yourself up as morally superior over a trivial issue involving a person who is probably a troll anyway, is. Why are we required to pet every self-centered diva that ignores the local culture, drops on with her suuuuuper special issue (that everyone has), and then wanders off when she gets the attention she wants, never to be heard from again?  Why am I expected to encourage that, or I am "not nice"?  Personally, I think it is the result of a mysogenistic culture that requires women to be accommodating and "nice", or they get shame shamed.

Nope.  Bullshit drive-by behavior is bullshit, and everyone here has the right to give it the middle finger it deserves.  You be you, and let other people be them.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • mcb2016 said:

I am not showing at all at this point. Honestly I am very tall and quite overweight. My last pregnancy people didn't even realize I was pregnant when I delivered my baby. He came 3 weeks early .  I never got that cute round bump or even a b bump.  Many people have assumed we adopted our son or I'm babysitting him and it's lead to very awkward conversations. 
    @mcb2016 that seriously sucks, and I am so sorry
  • @ngolimento I guess I didn’t think @mcb2016 was shaming anyone, it sounded like she was expressing an opinion. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • irenejean said:
    @ngolimento I guess I didn’t think @mcb2016 was shaming anyone, it sounded like she was expressing an opinion. 
    I disagree, personally. Her wording was not constructive, but critical and judgemental.  If she had said "I like to be welcoming and give people the benefit of the doubt" that is an opinion/preference.  "I don't like how you are" is judgemental, confrontational, condescending, and non-constructive.  

But, the written word is open to misinterpretation, so either of us could be right or wrong.  Either way, soul sucking drive bys will continue to get scorn.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I absolutely did not intend to shame anyone. But whatever. It would have been better off in the ou Thursday thread. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I honestly don’t feel comfortable posting anything on here when there are individuals who reply with some of the comments that I have seen. I know that there are some women who have been supportive in directing new individuals to the appropriate threads. For those who have not, let’s be more empathetic and welcoming to those who are new and are adjusting to the app forums. 
  • I honestly don’t feel comfortable posting anything on here when there are individuals who reply with some of the comments that I have seen. I know that there are some women who have been supportive in directing new individuals to the appropriate threads. For those who have not, let’s be more empathetic and welcoming to those who are new and are adjusting to the app forums. 
    Well I'm glad you took this opportunity to make your second ever comment on our board. How about introducing yourself on the intro thread? If you read the thread that clearly states "READ THIS FIRST" pinned at the top of the board then there shouldn't be any confusion about the organization. If you have questions then you can ask in the questions thread. I hope you choose to become a contributing member instead of just lurking and popping up as a drive-by.  
  • Exactly what I’m talking about
    So if you said you don't feel comfortable posting here... then why exactly are you posting? @JJMNO1616 was not rude at all in pointing out that apparently nearly the only time you chose to participate in this community is to what, try to shame us and make us feel like bad people?  

If you're not comfortable posting and receiving any sarcasm in response, then an Internet forum just might not be the thing for you - snark is not unique to this little group. However, all it takes is a cursory glance to see that our board is primarily regular posters offering others support and discussing/debating issues relevant to the world right now, and that makes it worth all of our while even if someone occasionally, you know, disagrees with me or hurts my poor little feelings.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    @knottiee2d2c6bb6129114f I know it's difficult to decipher intent behind written words, but I'm asking this without snark: what type of response were you expecting to your comment? There's about a dozen ways you can participate on this board -- ticker changes, the randoms thread, various GTKYs, registry topics -- and yet you chose to dig up this thread from last week in order to chastise the community. I guess I'm confused as to what you were looking for in response, as @JJMNO1616 wasn't rude and yet still, you had an issue with it. 

I hope in the future you decide to participate in a positive way. If this community isn't for you, cool, just don't be surprised if you receive some push back when you post about how much we suck. 
  • Aw, puppet accts are so cute!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
    You said you don't feel comfortable positing because of the comments yet you still chose to post here today? I was pointing out that if you read the "Read this first" thread then you shouldn't have anything to worry about because you would understand how the organization and structure of the board works. You would also know that introducing yourself on the intro thread is the first place to start which you have chosen not to do. I was sincere when I said I hope you become a contributing member because lurking the board and randomly positing as a drive-by serves no purpose and adds no value to your experience here or ours.