June 2018 Moms

What my pregnancy self is eating - Thursday Oct 5

DashainaDashaina member
edited October 2017 in June 2018 Moms
Hey ladies! What are you putting in your belly to feed that growing bean? Is it delicious? Strange? Something that you never craved before? Let's talk about it below! 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: What my pregnancy self is eating - Thursday Oct 5

• doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited October 2017
    I've stared at this post for a while but yea, I have no idea what this thread would be intended for? 

ETA: Ignore since post was updated with no QFP for original.
  • DashainaDashaina member
    edited October 2017
    Deleted by poster... Topic changed. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • edited October 2017
    Nothing new right now... no real food related changes so far, thankfully! 
    edited October 2017
    Deleted by poster... Topic changed.  I didn't know how to line it out. 
  • @Dashaina you can't remove posts, but you can edit them if you want to. Perhaps you could change this to be the "What My Pregnant Self is Eating" thread? 
  • Great idea! I'll fix it right away. I really am sorry for messing up the setup. :) 
  • I went vegan a few months ago, so I'm just pretty much trying to stick to a whole foods plant based diet.  (As I'm eating a bag of Fritos lol).  I go through highs and lows with the whole food part though.  Sometimes you just need some fries.  But I really do feel better when I stick to healthier foods and I'm really hoping it will help alleviate some potential upcoming symptoms like morning sickness.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @RatParade heyyyy fellow veg! :) I'm vegetarian, not vegan, but I was raised by vegans lol. #rebel
  • @doxiemoxie212 Yay!  We started as vegetarians in January and then switched to vegan in July.  Honestly wasn't as hard as I thought!  Although the fact that Ben & Jerry's makes an awesome vegan ice cream really helped haha.  Now I know who to turn to if I start getting cravings for a McD's cheeseburger ;)

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @RatParade haha *sheepish smile* I've never had a hamburger :#

Honestly, I have a lot of respect for meat eaters who turn veg because I know if I had to give up, say, sugar, I wouldn't be able to do it lol. I've never had meat cravings to deal with.
  • For breakfast I made myself an egg and cheese burrito with turkey and salsa. It wasn’t until I went to answer this thread I remembered that whole “no lunch meat” thing. Whoops! 

Nothing sounded great for lunch. But I know I need to eat. So I am currently sautéing up some pierogi in garlic and butter. 

Dinner is spagetti pie 
  • Perogies sound gooooood  :#

today I made some soup broth that seemed to help lol. Sweets sound awful. Breads sounds awful. I don't want to cook meat and DH works late like all the time. I've been wanting my usual spinach salads, cucumbers, carrots/hummus. Like bland things.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • A question about deli meat. What is the protocol for this? If it's cooked is it ok? We don't eat it. But I am just curious about the cons for it in pregnancy. 

For breakfast I made rice & oats pudding (rice, oats, an egg, cinnamon, butter, shredded coconut (we grow them on our other island nearby), home processed crushed cacao beans and honey) it was so delicious! I haven't craved that for a while. 

I made a homemade vegetarian black bean chili and mashed potatoes for dinner. It sufficed for what I really wanted.. Homemade tater tots in a chili and cheese casserole. Lol. 
  • @Dashaina I was under the impression it was because of Listeria outbreaks. When I asked my OB last pregnancy she said it was fine as long as I know it's not old. Also it's hard to avoid everything thay has recently had Listeria outbreaks (fruits, and salads have recently been recalled.) I think as long as you keep an eye on where you are buying and exp. dates you should be fine. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Dashaina I was under the impression it was because of Listeria outbreaks. When I asked my OB last pregnancy she said it was fine as long as I know it's not old. Also it's hard to avoid everything thay has recently had Listeria outbreaks (fruits, and salads have recently been recalled.) I think as long as you keep an eye on where you are buying and exp. dates you should be fine. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)
    Wow! That's so scary about Listeria! Is it prevalent in a specific country? Regarding fruit.. Is this in prepared items only? (like from the deli) or is it whole fruits. I have not heard anything about it in our Provencia, but we're a bit disconnected from some things. Thanks for the information! :) 
  • DH just ordered pepperoni pizza and cinnamon knots. Honestly, made me queasy to smell it. Slacking on making dinner since I'm so tired. Cheerios with almond milk for dinner. :'(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Literally nothing sounds appealing to me. I don't want to cook anything. But I need to feed DD, and I know I need to eat too, so it's a struggle at this point. 
  • @Dashaina as far as I know it's not just a specific country. It's a type of bacteria. The fruit out break I saw was frozen fruits and veggies. You just have to pay attention to recall lists and check your food/avoid buying certain brands for periods of time. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dashaina yah it's about listeria. If it's warmed up, you're apparently safe. And as long as you know it's fresh. I caved a few times in the beginning of my 1st pregnancy. When nothing sounds good and you need to eat.. you do what you gotta do and eat the one thing that sounds half way decent lol.

edited October 2017
    @dashaina yah it's about listeria. If it's warmed up, you're apparently safe. And as long as you know it's fresh. I caved a few times in the beginning of my 1st pregnancy. When nothing sounds good and you need to eat.. you do what you gotta do and eat the one thing that sounds half way decent lol.

Thanks for the helpful info about heating it up. I also totally know what you mean about eating habits... . Yesterday I was at the beach with my girls and our friends and I was starving... They have a sandwich shop nearby.. I caved and had a toasted  bagel with cream cheese AND a single serving ice cream cup....and maybe I also had a bag of cheddar pretzel bites. Lol seriously I never eat like this!! 

@mamabear0618 thanks for the helpful info! Where do you go for food uodates? 
  • Bread. And cheese. And fruit. That's like all that sounds appealing to me ever. I have nausea in the mornings and heartburn in the evenings so the best time for me to eat is right when I get home from school at 3.  
    DD is 3 and a new little one on the way! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @doxiemoxie212 @RatParade Vegetarian here. My SO is a lacto-ovo veg his immediate family is a mix of vegan and veg. It is a newer world for me. I was never a big red meat eater (except for my Nonna's meatballs lol) but I have always loved seafood. I've been struggling with eating right the past few weeks (no meat--but too much junk food has slipped in).
    I have to stay away from carbs because of my insulin resistance and I developed issues with dairy this past year. I feel like all I can eat anymore is vegetables and air lol. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • edited October 2017
    I find almost nothing appealing. Except one thing which are these insanely spicy chips. Brand is Paqui, flavour is haunted ghost pepper. My boyfriend tried to eat one and couldnt finish it and had to drink 3 glasses of milk. Ive eaten almost the whole bag now.
  • @missylaneous419 lmao..."vegetables and air"... It made me think of this totally ridiculous article I read about this type of diet some girl was on called a "breathairian" or something. hahahhaha.  Oh a side note, I'm sorry to hear eating is so difficult though. I remember going through that with DD2.  It felt like nothing was appetizing or digestible for me at that time.
  • I'm also in the nothing sounds appealing camp. Im sure that will change at some point but for now I'm forcing myself to eat more protein. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Dashaina I was struggling enough with meal planning before this little sweet pea. Now it feels like a whole new ball game lol.
  • @missylaneous419 what are the things you CAN eat. Let's see if we can help brainstorm with ya! I know 2 preg brains is better than 1 for sure! Hee hee. But seriously.. I'd be happy to try and help out! 
  • I had a taco salad from Wendy's last night and it was soooooo good!  Nothing odd though 
  • We had catered lunch from an amazing mexican restaurant in town.  Chicken and shrimp fajitas, chips and salsa, guacamole!  YUM!!!!  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Dashaina Right now I am sipping on ginger ale. I have heart burn so bad I feel like I am drooling. My father's family is from Italy but I love all Mediterranean food. Mix in my SO's food loves and we eat a lot of olives, nuts, falafel, tofu, and Quorn lol. I have started eating fish in small amounts again because my protein counts were really suffering. 
  • @missylaneous419 I had to make dinner.. Being my job as the housewife and all that. Lmao... And I started sautéing the zucchini (for squash casserole).. And my stomach was like... Nah, we aren't enjoying this experience at all... Repeat with roasted chicken in the oven. I just sucked it up and kept cooking. But then I was like what do I want to eat.. Like for me. And the answer came to me.. Hummus! So I whipped up a batch and that is chilling in the fridge and now I'm trying to get up the motivation to make the flat bread to go with it.

• Mmmm I've never met a hummus I didn't like

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Dashaina mmmm, I loooove hummus! 
  • It's soooo good! I make mine with a can of chickpeas, salt, pepper,  cumin, apple cider vinegar or white vinegar instead of lemon and I add a dash of sesame oil with olive and palm oil.  I didn't put any garlic in it today (forgot). Puree with my stick blender and done.  But it's so simple and delicious.... Ok off to make the flat bread. 
  • @dashaina I make mine the same but I use lemon juice (instead of vinegar) and tahini

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @RatParade You should definitely give the ACV a try.  My younger brother was a chef out in SF for a stint and he used to cater...anyway he suggested that alteration once (I also used to use lemon) and I was converted in an instant.  I can't explain it, but it's a really smooth flavor.  I also used tahini pre kiddos...but they don't like it and so I just haven't since. bleh.
  • i was craving hummus earlier this week. had it about 2 days then it gave me yuck mouth and I'm not as excited about it anymore. waaahhh. I eat it with carrots.
  • mm mm hummus and carrots is yum also!! I just finished eating my hummus/Flat bread pre dinner snack..lol.  I really don't know if I will be able to sit through roast chicken, tbh.  Also her was my preg brain moment of the day... I started cooking the chicken like 2 hours ago and I couldn't figure out WHY it wasn't sizzling by now....I had the temp on the oven set to 200f from earlier when I was heating up biscuits and forgot to check..waaaahhhh. 

• FFFC: I’ve never had hummus