June 2018 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• kmurdock925kmurdock925 member
    edited October 2017
    momac1919 - Hi!  I live in a Columbus suburb and work downtown!  My DD will be 15 months on Friday!

I'm due 6/9 with my 2nd - I've been lurking but am still an active participant in my July 2016 board.  I didn't actually join that board until I went back to work after maternity leave.  It is a nice small super supportive non-snarky group now and it is fantastic!
  • I moved to Milwaukee from the East Coast a few months ago! Trying to find doctors here!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • @firsttimemommy997 I had a CP last month too. Yay for being here this month!
    DD is 3 and a new little one on the way! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kmurdock925 I was (am) a July 2016 Mom too! But I never participated in the Board :( I just lurked. I had FTM jitters joining last time. 
  • boymama29 - it is a wonderful group of very chill mommas now!  I'm more nervous about this one than the first with learning to balance a 23 month old and newborn...
  • @momac1919 @kmurdock925 I lived in Bexley until two years ago, we moved up to Sandusky a few months before DS was born to be closer to family. I’m so jealous of you guys and all of your food choices!
  • @kmurdock925 which suburb? My DD will be 17 months on Friday! @napqueen I'm appreciative of those food choices right now bc I've been ravenous the last 2 days. My DH brought me home Der Dutchman pumpkin cookies today and they were amazing 
  • didi0308didi0308 member
    edited October 2017
  • DashainaDashaina member
    edited October 2017
    Apologies for misunderstanding. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @Dashaina like she said, it's normal.  Posting truth and scientific fact isn't snark but snide comments like "being pregnant 86 times" are. I personally didn't like this last time I was on TB and I still think it's unnecessary. What's fine is correcting someone's misinformation in a nice way.

So, even though I find this side of TB less than appealing, I'll stick around because I know that outside of the snark and inevitable drama, there's a great group of supportive women to be found.

The lurkers don't bother me. Lurk if you want! I welcome good, helpful information but the rude comments I can do without.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @sabby2 yes I completely agree with you. I was also referring to the snark comments not the scientific comments. I think, too, that offering the correct information in the appropriate thread or a PM is a great thing! It's when it went on for several replies adding their snarky unhelpful add ins. And I am sure we know the ones that were not helpful and unnecessary. I also think instead of taking over a post intended to be an introduction post instead of starting a new thread, and then tagging ladies who it applies to would have been more appropriate. That way all the ladies would be able to refer back to it easily and the introductions would remain introductions. Does that make sense? I was imply suggesting that maybe we should start a thread to keep that discussion in an easier to find place. :) 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I also think it's interesting that my comment was immediately taken to mean that I was talking about the entire conversation. I was most definitely only talking about the actual not helpful posts. 
  • DashainaDashaina member
    edited October 2017
    @doxiemoxie2  I am sorry I can't seem to explain myself really well. Between the not sleeping and having to homeschooling 2 children all day and the hormones... I'm probably just misunderstanding the entire exchange. I mean that genuinely. So apologies for misunderstanding and speaking in any way that was confusing or causing any conflict.  
  • momac1919 - I live in Grove City!  Hubs is from Hilliard.  I'm from Cinci originally.  Lived in STL for 2 years while I was a flight attendant, transferred to CMH and still flew for about a year then settled down here and now work downtown. 
  • @Dashaina 1) I honestly don't understand what you find snarky nor what your theoretical problem with snarky comments is. 2) Why do you want to go to bat for the person who is at best perpetuating false information or at worst outright lying instead of the ladies who are sharing science-based facts?
    I don't think it's so much going to bat for misinformation but making sure the OP isn't treated like she's stupid for not knowing. I have seen so many people completely misunderstand information given to them by a doctor or nurse.  The trick isnt being rude but rephrasing in a way they understand. 
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @kmurdock925 I'm in Lewis Center, I work out in marysville and DH is in Westerville. DH is from Dublin. I'm from Chicago, went to school and grad school in Milwaukee, did a clinical rotation in Cincy which is where I met my hubby and we settled down out here about 6 years ago
  • @momac1919 - awesome!  my OB is in Westerville.  Do you ever go to Giammarcos?  When I first moved to cbus I lived in Little Turtle and ate there all the time, now it is a hike but ooh so worth it.  My ob is literally right down the road so I try to make a point to swing by.  All the Pizza Dough Pillows....yuuummmm
  • @MissKittyDanger I get so excited when I see other Canadian mamas on here!
  • @rnielsen321 Yay! Another "Geriatric" mom! I feel like we should start a thread now. Lmao. I am really happy you're here too. Congratulations and welcome. :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"