Babies on the Brain

Waiting Room Wednesday - October 4th

CecilB93CecilB93 member
edited October 2017 in Babies on the Brain
***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!

You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA?

What brings you here?

How long do you think you'll be here?

How have things been going?

Any R/R?

GTKY: What is your favorite Halloween movie? Doesn't have to be scary!
DS1 born 2/28/16
DS2 due 12/12/18

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday - October 4th

• CecilB93CecilB93 member
    edited October 2017
    ETA this is likely going to be a post and ghost sort of thing...I'll definitely get back on tonight, maybe during lunch, lol.

TTA

Here for conversation with people who are in the same position as me.

The plan was to start trying in November, but I seriously don't want a July DD (at least 6 family members born in July...) and my projected fertile week is the first week of Nov, so we plan to wait until December :/ 

Things are good I guess...I'm confused...I really really want another baby, but at the same time I'M the one who keeps pushing back our TTC start date. Ive got reasons each time I change the date, but still...

No R/R

GTKY: I'm not a fan of scary movies, lol. I like things like Halloweentown on Disney Channel.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• jurassicsarpjurassicsarp member
    edited October 2017
    Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Company and conversation :)

How long do you think you'll be here? A while....

How have things been going? Okay. We're remodeling our kitchen ourselves, so that's been keeping me busy.

Any R/R? I am gonna strangle my husband.... We're in the kitchen, and my mom is over helping, talking about the walls (just ripped out paneling) and he starts rambling on about technical specs about moving this outlet under the window. I zoned out but he was still doing it and still hadn't answered whatever question I had asked him. Apparently I must've been snippy, because then he had the audacity to tap his fingers to his mouth (Like if a kid is hungry, or the ASL sign for food) and ask me if I had taken my medications because I was "doing the anxiety thing again". So I guess we're gonna have to have a discussion about anxiety disorders later, which just sounds like a blast.

Halloween movie: Hocus Pocus!!! I may need to watch that later.

@CecilB93 We have s ton of summer birthdays also. If really love a fall baby, but at this point I'll take what I can get lol.

ETA: the bump ate half my post....
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi everyone!

@CecilB93 Welcome to the December club! 

@jurassicsarp Ouch, like a kitchen remodel isn't stressful enough... hope you all at least get a productive discussion out of it. 

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? To hang out with folks that are in the same boat.

How long do you think you'll be here?  In the waiting room til December, and will stick around while TTC too.

How have things been going? Things have been good. We have been busy and my mind has been pretty occupied, so I haven't been baby-daydreaming too much these days.  I got excited today though cause I realized it's October which is just 2 months away from our TTC start month! And my doctor told me to get on a prenatal vitamin 1-2 months before we started. So, I guess I'll figure out which brand I want and start those soon. 

Any R/R? Not too much, just that things are starting to feel more real as our TTC start date gets closer.

GTKY: What is your favorite Halloween movie? Doesn't have to be scary!  Hocus Pocus!
  • @CecilB93 Thanks for starting this! I meant to put it up before work and didn't have the time. That sounds fair that you don't want a DD around the same time as everyone else' birthday! You have every right to change the date, as far as I'm concerned.

@jurassicsarp That's going to be fun, a DIY remodel! My dad is working on expanding his hunting cabin mostly by himself. That's been interesting to hear about. Good luck with the anxiety discussion!

@diaphena I like my prenatals, if you're taking recommendations. I also love Hocus Pocus! I don't think there's many people around who don't like that movie.

Are you benched or TTA? TTA for two more weeks omg!

What brings you here? The conversation with you lovely ladies!

How long do you think you'll be here? We're hopefully going to be starting with my next CD1, but we'll see. DH is still paranoid that getting KU right now will screw up our lives.

How have things been going? Well... We were out at lunch today and this kid walked past me with cotton candy. I swear to god that it looked like a fetus *facepalms*

Any R/R? My DH finally heard back about the transfer interview he had. He just missed the cut off because of one procedure that he had absolutely no way of knowing they'd changed. Neither of us are very happy with them about that.

GTKY: What is your favorite Halloween movie? Doesn't have to be scary! Well, I'm a horror nerd, so... I love the Nightmare on Elm Street series, Hellraiser, Cabin in the Woods, Friday the 13th, the first two Saw movies, It (we just saw the new one, it was so so so good), The Stand, Hocus Pocus, Nightmare Before Christmas, The Babadook, Trick r Treat... I could go on and on and on.

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dreamscapes_ no problem! I knew if I didn't then I wouldn't be comment until now...and Wednesday is almost over, lol.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18