May 2018 Moms

Success after infertility

Who else here is pregnant after struggling with infertility? 

Anybody wish to share their journey? 
2/12: 100 mg Clomid + Bravelle last minute+ back to back IUI. BFN
3/12 150mg Clomid + B2B IUI =BFP!! TWINS!
Vanishing twin at week 6
Tater-tot born January 3rd 2013

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!

Re: Success after infertility

• Loading the player...
  • I am so thankful that you gals are here. <3 

Happy and Healthy 9 months! (Well, 8 months now!)
    2/12: 100 mg Clomid + Bravelle last minute+ back to back IUI. BFN
    3/12 150mg Clomid + B2B IUI =BFP!! TWINS!
    Vanishing twin at week 6
    Tater-tot born January 3rd 2013

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • kimber308kimber308 member
    edited September 2017
    We tried for 1.5 years before seeking help. Lots of testing.

3 rounds of clomid - no ovulation

3 rounds of: Letrozole, ultrasounds and blood work every other day, Ovidrel, and IUI (Success = one healthy daughter in 2016)

2 rounds of: Letrozole, ultrasounds and blood work every other day, Ovidrel, and IUI (Currently 6 weeks pregnant)
  • We had male factor infertility everything for me checked out fine (but some long cycles) 
    We had 3 IUI's this year, then back to back IVF rounds as our first round we had 4 embryos and none made it to be transferred, so heartbreaking. Our second round we had 8 embryos going strong until transfer day... then they only recommend 1 for transfer. We were shattered honestly, but then that afternoon they called and said 2 embryos had pulled through to be frozen (and tested). We didn't get a BFP with that fresh transfer :( and I found it incredibly hard. We then got news later in the week the 2 frozen babies were normal - I honestly was blown over by the good news and I did not expect it! One of the happiest moments of my life, because it was tanglible hope after so much loss... 
    We are pregnant with our first FET! We knew baby is a boy months ago, and treasure this crazy-special-rollercoaster journey. It was 22 months, and felt like hell, but in the end we love our family so much more, and our maturity, marriage and faith are all so much stronger, but are hearts are so soft. 

I find it very hard to assimilate into the "mom" talk, when so much just doesn't apply to me. Praying that gets better, and love this group as a fun way to mom chat! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • @JenniatONU I can't believe medical staff have treated you like that. I am bewildered by the way some people practice medicine. 
    I researched A LOT about infertility, and know sometimes it doesn't dawn on people to do all that work themselves because they trust doctors that don't do a great job of practicing medicine, like yours!
    IVF is a huge process to go through, and shouldn't be taken lightly without assessing what the literature and research points to the chances of using medication or IUI first. The website fertilityIQ.com is the closest thing to my dream of someone having a resource that is medically informative and research based on fertility.
    I've been helping a good friend of mine navigate the system and I wish I had someone like me to help.
    It's great you found advice in forums helpful! I'd never had anything to do with medicine or doctors until infertility so the whole world of medicine was a mystery and I quickly learnt how naive I was about doctors and advice. 
  • @desertdweller-2
    Thanks for sharing your journey, sorry for your losses and the long painful road. But so glad you are now 9 weeks? How encouraging!! 
    Even with spontaneous pregnancy infertility is the time of trying for baby with no baby ending up in our arms. Sometimes the issue can be getting pregnant or staying pregnant but the heart of the matter is the same. Hope you are feeling positive and so excited for you. 

Did anyone because of their infertility struggles have the most amazing responses to their pregnancy? We've made countless friends and family cry with joy at our news, even many friends struggling with IF themselves have all been so happy (those are the most joyful, because they understand the struggle). I am so thankful and touched by the responses. We were quite brave and open about our struggles with IF so people really knew what was going on. 
  • @thunderberry seems like more Dx than some other people, sounds like you made a good decision with IVF and glad it worked first time! It is so hard when IVF doesn't work. I think if people are ready for IVF it can be good to go that route before going through so much. DH wasn't even ready for IUI let alone IVF so it was an emotional struggle for us, he was very optimistic with IUI but I was so exhausted and disappointed by the time we started IVF. 
  • Do any of you IVF ladies have any embryos in the bank?
    My husband last night referred to our 2 embryos as "one in the bank and one in play"  :D
  • We started our journey in Jan 2016. After many tests and procedures, we started treatment. The first 2 IUIs were with oral meds, the 3rd IUI was with oral meds + injections. I have also been doing acupuncture for about a year (and I am going to continue doing it throughout my pregnancy). I got my first ever BFP after the 3rd IUI, it is a blessing and a miracle, our next step would have been IVF.