Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check-In: Week of September 18

Good Morning, PGAL mommies! If you're new, always feel free to jump in, but you can also create your own intro thread for more info about yourself. Stay strong and have a wonderful week!!

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What is a "Must-Have" item that you put on (or plan to put on) your baby shower registry? If this isn't your first baby, what "Must-Have" item would you suggest for a first time Mom?
Me: 28 DH: 29
Married: 4-25-2014
TTC: March 2015
BFP: 2-18-16
Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
D&C: 4-2-16
TTCAL: May 2016
IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PGAL Check-In: Week of September 18

• nmd9168nmd9168 member
    edited September 2017
    How far along are you? 20 weeks, 1 day

How big is baby? I guess the size of a banana? She should be around 10 inches and 10.5 oz

Appointments coming up? Prenatal Check-up on Sept 25th.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally, it has been a roller-coaster and almost always for no reason, at all. lol Saturday was my birthday and that afternoon I got really upset and started crying because my MIL kept bothering me about what type of crib bedding I should get. Yes, it was annoying. Did it warrant crying? Probably not. lol Yesterday evening, I got really mad at my husband for making fun of a couple who got engaged at the Tiger's baseball game. Yeah. I've been kinda crazy moody lately. LMAO. Physically, I've been okay. I am getting bigger and as a result getting tired more easily. On Friday, my husband and I had to leave a concert, that I had really been looking forward to for about 6 months, because I kept feeling woozy and like I was going to pass out. I was really bummed out that we had to leave, but it was in a small-ish venue and the room was very hot and crowded. Heart burn is raging full force, mostly at night and back pain has been a little more prevalent. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Child Birth and I can't wait to get my baby shower over with lol

Rants/Raves/Questions: I hope I didn't scare everyone away by posting this late a couple of times. Last week, there was only 2 of us who posted ALL WEEK! Hopefully some of you come back. I really enjoying chatting with the ladies on this board.

GTKY: What is a "Must-Have" item that you put on (or plan to put on) your baby shower registry? If this isn't your first baby, what "Must-Have" item would you suggest for a first time Mom? My must-have item that I find to be VERY necessary from years of babysitting my niece and nephew is a Boppy pillow. They are so great to have around, even if you aren't planning to breast feed. They help with tummy time, too!  I guess Desatin cream also is a must. Everyone in my family has sensitive skin and I'm sure I'll be using it frequently. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    17 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Pomegranate

Appointments coming up?
    Nope--a few weeks til the big a/s

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?
    Good.  I had a friend recently have a baby with some genetic condition--makes me more nervous going in the scan. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?
    Feeling the baby and a good scan. 

GTKY: What is a "Must-Have" item that you put on (or plan to put on) your baby shower registry? If this isn't your first baby, what "Must-Have" item would you suggest for a first time Mom?
    A & A blankets.  We swaddled DS in them and now he sleeps with them at night.  Love them.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm still here!  It was hectic last week and my phone wouldn't allow me to add in a reply for last week's check in :/

Congratulations @nmd9168 !!  A girl!!!! 
    @magnolia305 praying for a good anatomy scan! 

How far along are you? 
    25 weeks 2 days

How big is baby? Cauliflower or rutabaga

Appointments coming up? At some point from now until 25 weeks I need to go in for my glucose test. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Just tired... there's always work to do but I just want to kick up my feet and nap.  When I do get a chance to do that, my brain is just too wired to relax. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I'm eager to reach my third trimester!  Just a few more weeks to go. I can feel him move more and more.  I can't wait to finally meet him! 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I'm starting to get excited for my baby shower(s).  My MIL stopped bugging me about it and my mother has ignored the 100 ppl cap and now seems to be inviting anyone (and everyone) that she knows.  It's to a point where she's hosting two baby showers back to back..on the same day: one at the hall my parents rented for family and following that, a second shower at their home to accommodate the people that can't fit/make it to the official one.  I'm pretty over it in terms of the guest list.  This is my first baby and the first grandchild so everyone is excited.  I'm just going to focus on being there and enjoying what I can.  I hope to squeeze in a nap in between :) 

My husband is the one making the "list."  He's been researching all the "big" things in terms of safety and what not.  My must-have's are a travel system, playpen, and I'd like to pick my own high chair.  After seeing dozens of travel systems, my husband and I have decided on the Nuna pipa and mixx 2 stroller.  We're also leaning towards the Nuna travel crib for it's ease in traveling... as for the high chair, we're looking for something that's simple and can grow with baby.  I'm not a fan of the bulky ones with too much cushions and straps to wipe down.  I don't understand though why the more simpler and minimalist high chairs, are more expensive!  The Stokke high chair looks so simple and compact for our tiny apartment..but at Buy Buy Baby it's a little pricey and the manufacturer would not accept the 20% coupon we received :/

On FB, I've been seeing a lot of advertising about the Owlet smart sock.  Does anyone have this?  I'm wondering if it's a must-have or if I'm being a paranoid FTM. 
    **~About Me~**
    Married: 06/13/16
    BFP: 10/25/16     MMC: 01/24/17 (12 weeks)
    BFP: 04/23/17     Due Date: 01/01/18
  • @laurenjt808 I did not have the Owlet sock for DS.  I have heard that they can give lots of false alarms--which would make me even more paranoid. 
  • I was going to delete my account, but I decided to let you all know first. I don't really have the time to do these posts anymore now that I am back to work full time (teaching). Someone else can decide to take over. It seems that most people on this board aren't really using it anymore anyway. I wish you all happy healthy pregnancies. <3

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Me too @nmd9168! I haven't been on any boards in weeks since going back to work in August...I feel bad about that.
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker