May 2018 Moms

Super Early, Super Unnecessary, Baby name thread

Re: Super Early, Super Unnecessary, Baby name thread

• kpc914kpc914 member
    edited October 2017
    @rowboat4 I am not sure Risa is a real name. But, I think it could be short for Marisa. Which is a real name. And yeah, it's interesting that Reese is a masculine name, however it is currently more popular in the US as a girl's name than boy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • cups4 said:
    Anyone remember the super old WB (now CW) show Savannah? I was obsessed with the names of the women characters, Reese, Payton, and Lane.
    Oh wow I had forgotten about that show!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @cups4 Wasn't the girl from Teen Witch in that?

• @justsuzie I don't think it's weird. Reminds me of Ryder Strong from Boy Meets World and omg I never knew the teen witch connection!!
  • @justsuzie I personally don’t like it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @rowboat4 I knew a girl named Risa growing up and it's definitely in the baby name books I've memorized. Maybe there's a different spelling out maybe it's a Hebrew name? I found this: https://www.baby-names-meanings.net/meaning/risa.html

Ryder reminds me of Paw Patrol.
  • Look up Reesa.
  • kpc914kpc914 member
    edited October 2017
    https://www.behindthename.com/ is a pretty comprehensive search. It will tell you the origin of a name, meaning and it's history. However, it won't include names that have been recently made-up (in the last 80 years or so). Which is probably why it didn't include Risa or Reesa and it seems like those names were first used in the 1950's. 
  • rowboat4rowboat4 member
    edited October 2017
    kpc914 said:
    https://www.behindthename.com/ is a pretty comprehensive search. It will tell you the origin of a name, meaning and it's history. However, it won't include names that have been recently made-up.
    This is the source I use for all my names which was why I was questioning whether it was “real” or not. Risa comes up as a user submitted name. 

Which kind of sucks cause I do kind of like it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @kpc914 it doesn't have my middle name :(
  • kpc914kpc914 member
    edited October 2017
    @nanifrog :-(. I mean...it doesn't have my name either....because the spelling of my name (Kaela) is short for Mikaela. Kaela by itself is historically not a name apparently. 
  • justsuzie said:
    I don't like Ryder either...sounds dirty to me, but I do love me a Ryder Strong even though I am a bit too old for him....that hair.  My husband also came up with "Stone".  I don't know if he is joking with these names or not.  I'm scared.
    My nephews name is Ryder. I’m meh about it. 

And Ryder strong is probably in his 40s now so I think you’re probably good on the age thing haha 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nevermind. He’s 37. And this is an awful picture of him. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • rowboat4 said:
    Omg just saw this name and had to share somewhere...

Dazzalene...
    I work with a Dazalene.
  • OMG I can't Believe it has my son's name! Lol
  • @Kendrajos do you pronounce it the same way, too? "Kah-le" or like the leafy greens? Just curious, what made you think of the name?
  • Speaking of teachers with difficult names on the roster, I had an Alyscenne a couple years ago. You'd think it was pronounced a bit like Alison, or more like Alisen.
    Nope.
    It was a made-up, albeit gorgeous, name pronounced Al-lis-senny
    As made-up names go, it was quite nice. Just not the pronunciation anyone expects.
  • @kpc914 1 syllable, like the leafy greens. Kale was the only name we could agree on, I found it an another naming page with Gaelic roots or something like that as well. A form of kaleb/caleb. I blame my middle school self, subconsciously saving that name from the movie Titan A.E., I watched it a lot back then but had forgotten about it. The main character was named Cale. Actually SO went to school with a Kale or Cale as well, though he didn't really know him. I was just surprised that site would have the name at all, it has been around(as a name and not the veg), it's just never been common. 
  • @sandbar517 dazzalene and bash could be siblings. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

1. If you were to have any name your heart desired for your baby what would it be? And why won't you use it? Benjamin for a boy, because my husband has a family member who committed suicide when he was younger, so just too hard for his family. And Ezra because my husband hates it and thinks it could only be for a girl, but I only like it as a boy name. 
    2. Now give the realistic choices you might actually end up with?  Right now we like Phoebe or Iris for a girl. My DH doesn't want to talk about boy names because he wants a girl! But I love Silas and Tobias
    3. What style of names do you like? Ones that are a little less common, but still pronounceable! (I guess we lean toward biblical, but aren't super tied to it)
    4. If you're comfortable sharing your other children's names what are they? Do you have a sibset in mind? DS is Gideon John, but no real trend in mind, just ones that sort of flow together. 

• @CraftyG Haha yessss. I love that show and was teasing my husband that if we had a boy I'd name him Samuel Dean.
  • @theletlers Ezra is a boy's name in Hebrew. There are 3 hours with that name in my daughter's preschool class. It means help/helper.