June 2018 Moms

Meal Plan Monday 10/2 Edition

What is everyone planning to make for dinner this week???

Monday: Breakfast Bagel Pizzas w/ yogurt & berries 
Tuesday: crockpot pulled pork sandwiches & whatever sides I can scrape together from the fridge
Wednesday:Potato soup! (I've been itching to make it for weeks!)
Thursday: Pasta in red sauce w/ side salads my children will refuse to eat

Re: Meal Plan Monday 10/2 Edition

• What is everyone planning to make for dinner this week???

Monday: Breakfast Bagel Pizzas w/ yogurt & berries 
    Tuesday: crockpot pulled pork sandwiches & whatever sides I can scrape together from the fridge
    Wednesday:Potato soup! (I've been itching to make it for weeks!)
    Thursday: Pasta in red sauce w/ side salads my children will refuse to eat
  • Maybe someone whose phone is not possessed should take over.
  • Loading the player...

• Friday: Crock pot chili & cornbread
    Saturday: left-overs
    Sunday:  Chili-stuffed baked potatoes w/ broccoli 

Lunch will be chicken Caesar salad wraps or leftovers. 

Just the thought of food in the morning makes me want to be sick, so the kids will be eating cold cereal all week, since this mom will not be cooking. 

** anyone is welcome to take over this thread, just getting things started! **
  • Monday: Out
    Tuesday: Lasagna
    Wednesday: Chicken Wild Rice Soup w/ Quinoa
    Thursday: Don't know
    Friday: Don't know
    Saturday: Don't know 

Maybe this post will help me get some ideas!!  I bought potatoes on Friday, @twelvetwosomeonenew what is your potato soup recipe?  
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • we really don't meal plan. and don't think I could do it with a limited appetite but I wonder if reading these will stir things up so I can find stuff to eat when things get rough!
    and yummm potato soup. I could go for that. with my son's pregnancy, it was one of my first cravings.. I ate so much in a matter of 2 days, I couldn't eat it again for awhile lol.

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Grandma's recipe: fill crockpot with plenty of diced potatoes, chop a healthy amount of carrots and an onion, salt and pepper. Toss in a generous handful of ham chunks. Cover it all with broth(whatever kind you've got on hand). Let it cook on low until you're hungry (at least 4 hours).   Pull out a  couple cups of soup(mostly potatoes), put into blender with a brick of softened cream cheese or sour cream, pour that back in and stir. 

• Monday: Crock pot roast with roasted broccoli
    Tuesday: Zucchini pasta
    Wednesday: BBQ chicken with sauteed peppers and onions
    Thursday: Chicken hamburgers
    Friday: Unsure, may be out of town early for Thanksgiving weekend (Canada)

DD: 09/16/14 @ 37 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 09/29 @ 11 DPO | EDD: 06/11/18
    Betas: 10/04 - 235 | 10/10 - 2,975 | 10/13 - 8,150 | 10/16 - 21,987

• silvergreensilvergreen member
    edited October 2017
    I don't really plan for the week day-by-day but I do usually have ingredients on hand for some dedicated recipes I know I enjoy, and decide to make them on whichever strikes me. After a lifetime of eating meat, I have now adopted a flexitarian diet, and will avoid meat unless eating at a restaurant or on holidays/special occasions. I still use chicken broth in my recipes, as indicated below!

Tonight I'm making my own recipe of mushroom couscous "risotto":

INGREDIENTS

2 tbsp avocado or other vegetable oil, divided
    8 ounces baby bella mushrooms
    1 medium onion, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    4 cups chicken broth
    2 cups whole wheat pearl/Israeli couscous
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 tbsp butter, divided
    1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)

DIRECTIONS

1. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to pan and warm over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until golden.
    2. While mushrooms are caramelizing, heat the remaining oil in a medium pot and add chopped onion. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until onions are golden, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
    3. Add broth and bring to a gentle boil. Add couscous and salt and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until broth is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes.
    4. Remove couscous from heat and let sit for 2 minutes. Mix in butter and grated Parmesan cheese.
    5. Gently stir in the mushrooms and serve. Yield: 4-6 servings.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm not coordinated enough for weekly meal planning. I have a lot of go-to recipes I know and love, but it gets boring when you cook the same thing all the time. Share all the recipes!
  • Mmm. Some of you have great plans this week! 
    We had frozen pizza/veggie salad tonight. 
    Tuesday- fajitas
    Weds-burgers/fries/salad
    Thursday- chicken/taters/carrots in slow cooker (friends over for dinner)
    Fri- ? 
    Sat-? 
    Sunday- Thanksgiving Turkey :D 
  • Ditto @kaydah... I try so hard to plan. Then I just fail halfway through due to forces of nature. Namely the sun deciding not to show it's glorious face for my solar panels to soak up the electricity. Then it's just a scramble to get something together and sad to say those days come out of a can. :(
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Don't have a plan, but I definitely am going to try both of those recipes now!! They sound delicious! 
  • I usually meal plan and shop on Wednesday. So my meal plan goes from Wednesday-Tuesday. I'm loving this thread! It will give me lots of inspiration when I sit down to do my meal planning on Wednesdays :) 
  • Hey all you vegan and vegetarian moms. I would love some of your most tried and true recipes!  I've wanted to start adding more meatless meals in our rotation
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @sabby2 we do this thing we call "Hot Balls" (not because they're spicy btw, just because they're hot when they come out of the fryer or pan) Anyway super easy and the girls gobble them up. 

Hot Balls
    Ingredients 
    2 cans chickpeas or any canned bean (I make a big batch of red kidney beans from scratch in the crock pot once a week and use them instead) 
    1-2 cups shredded cheese (basically whatever is on hand, cheddar, mozzarella, Mexican blend they all work) 
    2 cups shredded/chopped vegetables (carrots, cabbage, zucchini, hard squashes, spinach, broccoli, pretty much whatever you need the family to eat that isnt really watery) squeeze out the excess water if using summer squash. 

Salt, pepper and cumin to taste
    1 cup flour (has to be a wheat flour the others don't work so well in my experience so far) 
    1 - 2 eggs

Directions 
    Put everything, except the seasonings, flour and egg,  in the food processor and puree. Dump puree into a bowl and mix in seasonings, make it slightly too salty because the flour will neutralize it quite a bit. Then add your eggs and mix thoroughly. Next Add your flour about 1/2 cup at a time until you can make a wet ball about the size of 2 Tablespoons and it keeps its shape. Sometimes I have to add more flour if I didn't drain beans or squeeze or veg enough. I've added up to 2 cups a few times. Oh well. When you can for sticky balls that hold there shape put the mix in the fridge and heat up your deep fryer or a pan with enough oil to cover the balls halfway. I've done both ways and it works. Once. The oil is hot, pull the mix out of the fridge and cook them, turning as needed, until whole ball is golden. Make some fun dipping sauces and enjoy with coleslaw or a side salad or even mashed potatos. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers