TTC After a Loss
Options

TGIF 9/29

Hope no one minds I started this.  What are you all doing this weekend?  Any exciting plans?

Re: TGIF 9/29

• Options
    We are going to the zoo tomorrow with some friends.  Sunday I'm going to a memorial walk for my losses.  Not exciting but I feel like it will give some closure.  Having dinner with friends afterwards 
  • Options
    It's so nice that so many places do memorial walks and hold events in memorium. My lo is still at Mayo. They'll hold her there until May and they'll do a cremation and send them to be buried in a special cemetery close by that's just for these babies. 
    AFM we have a local event called Pumpkin Fest in our town tomorrow. This is our first year living there so I have never participated but my DH has to work so I might check out some of the festivities. I guess they have a 'little miss pumpkin fest' pageant at the high school and it's up to age 4. I hear it's adorable, and they perform a talent. I can only imagine what they come up with at that age. Sunday DH wants us to go bow hunting, so we might do that in the afternoon. Otherwise, nothing planned.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Today I'm helping out my yoga studio.  They record videos for their online membership and I'm one of the demonstrators.  Tonight I need to be at a dress rehearsal for a wedding.

Saturday DD is in a parade with her dance studio in the morning.  At noon a landscaper comes out to give us a quote for our rock wall.  Tomorrow night I'm playing a wedding and then going to a kids bday party with DH and DD.

Sunday I'll be recouping from a busy weekend lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Mack2342. I've never heard of a memorial walk. I can see how that would be helpful with closure and also really hard. I hope it brings you comfort ❤
    @ELeighMay the little miss pumpkin great sounds adorable! I bet that'll be cute.
    @vlagrl29 i watch free yoga videos online at home. I'd never have time to go into a studio but i love yoga! 

I have a softball game tonight but my ds is down with a nasty virus so not sure if I'll be able to leave him with a sitter (even though it's my BIL) when he's so sick... Tomorrow night we have a game night with some good friends that I'm really looking forward to. 

• Options
    @ELeighMay festival sounds fun! I'm impressed with bow hunting.  My brother in law hunts and I attempted to pull his bow back and couldn't budge it.  I can't recall the pounds he had it set at but it wasn't that high and I still couldn't do it.  
  • Options
    Mack2342 I couldn't pull my DH's bow back if I used arms and legs together. His is crazy hard compared to mine. I think my bow is only at 43lbs, and 40 is the minimum for deer here, so I just skirt by. I am not a gun person so I don't like rifle hunting, but I enjoy archery whether it's hunting or not. I still struggle with the hunting aspect, but I know that what we shoot we eat all winter and it saves us a TON of money on meat. We don't waste anything. We donate all the hides as well. The hides are then sold and the money is turned around and put into our local habitat and conservation programs. 
  • Options
    @ELeighMay that's great!   I would have to use a rifle but I don't hunt.  I do carry firearm for work so if I took up hunting that would be my route 
  • Options
    Mack2342 You carry a firearm for work? What on earth do you do?
  • Options
    @ELeighMay law enforcement for fed govt
  • Options
    Mack2342 DANG GIRL, that's Bad-a$$! 

And don't go bursting my bubble on my GIF either. This is the image I'm sticking with your sign-on in my head from now on!
  • Options
    @Mack2342 the memorial walk sounds nice, and definitely like it could give some closure. Not sure I could attend one though without being a complete mess.

@ELeighMay that pumpkin fest sounds fun! I love fall themed activities!

@vlagrl29  sounds like you will have a busy weekend! That’s cool that you get to do that for your yoga studio! 

@Kath525 hope your DS feels better soon! 

AFM, my mom is in town visiting this week, and my sister is getting here tonight to stay for the weekend, so I’m excited to be spending the weekend with them both! 
  • Options
    Just think of all the cool women we have on here. I'm not sure what everyone does, but I bet we could do some damage as a group! @aga31 said she was a scientist. vlagrl29 is a musician. Mack2342 is a federal gun-slinger (still super impressed) I keep idiots from hurting themselves on job-sites. It's pretty cool to remember that we are not just TTC, we're pretty amazing outside of that little box. 
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake I'm sure I will be a mess.  Enjoy you girl time mom and sister.  I always enjoy that with my mom and sisters 
  • Options
    @ELeighMay I have always been impressed by the women on this board.  Not only are they supportive and strong, they are pretty smart and talented and have some amazing jobs
  • Options
    @ELeighMay didn't we recently do a post where everyone posted a gif to explain what they did for work, It was pretty funny. Maybe it wasn't on here but somewhere else. @Mack2342 's gif is definitely the most bad a$$!
    My weekend is starting off with joining another couple for dinner tonight, she's one of our closest friends and she just mc'd at 10 weeks. My heart breaks for her. 
    But then hopefully tomorrow the sun will come out (it's pouring rain right now) and I'm going on a big group mountain bike ride. And Sunday I'm hoping to curl up in my hammock and read a book
  • Options
    @ELeighMay and @Mack2342  I shot a bow one time, my FIL's friend brought one for me to try. I had SUCH a hard time pulling it back and was like, "Oh I can't believe you guys shoot with this"....it was his teenage daughter's.  LOL Bow hunting is seriously impressive.

DH DS and I are having pics taken as a fam with our four dogs (three corgis and a basset) tonight. We've never paid for pics before so I am pretty excited to have some nice family photos to hang around. I made plaid kerchifs (sp?) for the dogs (and by made I mean I cut squares of cloth and tied them around their necks) and everyone's matching. Should be fun!

Other than that, family get together and farmer's market tomorrow, dad is coming for brunch on Sunday, and otherwise just chillin!
  • Options
    40momma If the occupation GIF's were on this board I totally missed them. That would be hilarious! I always get a kick out of the meme's that have the "this is what "x" thinks I do...". I hope your weather improves. We are also having our first dose of sun in over a week. It's been a whole 50* and rain every. single. day.

SmashJam Archery is much harder than people think. It looks super easy. When I started I was horrible, but I have pretty good aim up to 100 yards now. I have a friend who is close to my size and she has her bow at 60lbs. There's not a chance I could pull hers back. She's got some strength. Yay for family pictures! It's nice to have professional photos taken now and then. 
  • Options
    You ladies are all amazing ! Seriously.

Im getting in on this a bit late.. so I'll have to catch up more later. @aga31 what type of science are you in? I'm a scientist too!

This is my last weekend with my parents visiting. We're renting a converable and driving through Alsace. I'm pretty excited. It's not really warm enough and it's going to rain- but you bet your life on it- that tops ganna be down- even if I have to wear a hat and poncho!

• Options
    damn!  I've only been in the gun range once and I found it pretty fun!  love the gif for @Mack2342 law enforcement bad @ss
  • Options
    @jchpg if you drive around in rain wearing pinch in convertible you better take pic.  

@smashjam I love photo shoots.  We did one in August for DS 2nd bday and got some family ones too.  I try and do once a year
  • Options
    jchpg I'm so jealous! I would love a weekend in a convertible in a location I wouldn't have frostbite from when reaching my destination. Have fun!
  • Options
    We have a fun weekend planned. DD1 has a soccer game tomorrow morning. Afterwards, we are going to see the Lego Ninjago movie. Then in the afternoon we are hanging out with friends for some much needed relaxation and maybe a glass or two of wine.  :) 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    to all the ladies who know how to handle a weapon : good job! I am actually pretty jealous, I grew up in Europe, so I have never even hold a gun in my life. And bows sound absolutely bada$$! 

@jchpg I am an immunologist, currently working in pulmonary world. which means I am a PhD working with like 20 MDs who try to understand science behind their patients illnesses, it's quite challenging but also very fulfilling.

As to my weekend plans, I have to catch up on reading for work, but also going to hairdresser tomorrow (yay!) and for sure we will go hiking and lay at the pool and relax. DH had a very busy week so he just wants to hang out (however some more BD is required before O is confirmed). Oh and also we will finally watch series finale of Twin Peaks and we are making a special event out of it (of course just for two of us, because we are weirdos :) ).
  • Options
    I’m late to the party on this one too. 
    @Mack2342 How was the memorial walk? I’ve thought about looking if something like that is around here, but it would really depend on the day as to whether or not I felt emotionally up to it. 

@ELeighMay Bow hunting is so awesome! And venison... yum! My ex’s dad used to curry deer meat and it was amazing!! Hope you have a successful hunting trip! 

@vlagrl29 Whew! I’m tired just reading about your weekend! Hope everything went according to plan and you’re getting some relaxation time in today! 

@pumpkinpancake Enjoy your girl time with your mom and sis!!

@SmashJam  I love that you’re getting photos done with your dogs! My dog was in my wedding last year and stood for most of the photos with us. He totally stole the show! 

@40momma my heart goes out to your friend. I’m glad that she has you! I would’ve loved to have a close friend who had been through all this when I first MC. And what book you reading? Anything good? 

@jchpg  How was the contervible ride? Hopefully the rain held off for you!

@robyn2201  I don’t know much about Ninjago, but LEGO does a pretty good job making their games and movies funny even for adults! Hope the movie was fun! 

@aga31  Awesome work that you do! My grandfather died of lung disease, so my hat is off to you!! 

AFM:

Its been awhile since DH and I went out on a date where we actually got a little dressed up for each other. So Friday I took him to Cinebistro, which is an eat-in movie theater, to see Kingsman Golden Circle. It wasn’t the most original plot, but the way they do the effects for those movies is so over the top and fun to watch. 
    Saturday we drive 3 hours each way down to Raleigh for DH’s BIL’s birthday party. It was nice having time to talk with DH without distractions (work, phones, computers) and to see his family. I was pretty proud of myself because I was able to hold our 2 month old nephew without crying. He even fell asleep on me <3  
    Today will be chilling at home, maybe running some laundry, and watching football! 

• Options
    @leahcimmichael yay for baby snuggles and no tears!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    jchpgjchpg member
    edited October 2017
    @leahcimmichael I'm so happy to hear you got baby snuggles and did ok. I'm almost there- funny it depends on the baby!

Our convertible trip was successful! We all wore jackets and hats- but it was fun. We made it until 3pm when it stated to pour and the top went up! 

• Options
    @leahcimmichael the memorial was nice.  They said a few words and then read each child's name.  We didn't have names since we didn't know what are babies were so we just used baby and our last name which a lot of folks did.  I cried a bit but there was something nice about having our babies acknowledged like that.  After that was a short stroll around a lake at the cemetery then back to the child loss memorial which was a big statue of young child where a poem was read and butterflies were released.  I'm glad we went and I plan to go each year 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 That sounds beautiful. I’m so glad you went! 
  • Options
    jchpg That looks like a great trip and a beautiful view!

leahcimmichael I MISSED! I'm just sick about it. We sat in our tree stands in the wind and rain for four hours and the only thing we saw was a button buck. It was behind me, so it was really my own shot for not being more patient and waiting for it to come around the side. I had my pin on it, but with the wind blowing my tree I was in I jerked and totally missed it. UGH! My DH laughed all night about it. The way he was facing he could've taken it out about ten times but he wanted me to get the shot. 

• Options
    @Mack2342 glad everything went well at the memorial.  Sounds like a beautiful service!
  • Options
    @ELeighMay Oh no!! That’s so frustrating! To wait all that time and... nothing. That’s would be my luck if I ever went hunting. Thank goodness for grocery stores! 
  • Options
    leahcimmichael It's ok, the season is from 9/16 - 12/31 so I have more than enough time to get one, but missing sucks.