January 2018 Moms

Re: FFFC

• @supercoolstephy girl, I was buying 9-12 month clothing for this one a month ago. Although to be fair, I also bought some newborn stuff, but there is much more shopping to be done.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Cricket99 last time I had one single newborn thing for DS. They said he’d be 10 pounds so I bought all the 0-3 months stuff, which you wouldn’t think would make a big difference between newborn sizes but it is. Thankfully I got to run to target solo when we got home because he was in newborn sizes for like 2 weeks. Haha. 

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Someone gifted me a preemie outfit last week after I told my friend I was going to be induced at 37 weeks. Her baby was born at 37 weeks and needed preemie clothes so she wanted to make sure we had at least one outfit. <3 But the ones I bought are mostly 3-6 mo. I feel like other people will buy a lot of newbie stuff. 

My mom said none of her babies ever fit in newborn clothes, we were all over 8lbs at birth. But hubby was a preemie, born in December not due till February. He was under 5 lbs, and his siblings were little too. So I figure chances are good that my baby will be small enough for newborn clothes at least when he's born at 37 weeks.
  • @auntieraindrop DS was 8 lbs 7 oz and was too small for 0-3 months, but that only last 2 weeks. I don't figure we're getting gifted any clothes, which is fine because I'm pretty picky about clothes anyway, so I need to pick up some smaller things. But not too much because they really do grow out of them so fast.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DD was born at 36:6 and was 6lb 15oz at birth. She needed a few preemie outfits that first week and was in newborn clothes for a while.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• This is so helpful for a FTM. Sorry to derail the thread but OMG so helpful! Thank you. 
  • I was also told that I wouldn't need any NB clothes with DD, so I only got a few outfits (and really simple/plain ones at that). DD was almost 8 pounds, so I figured that advice was probably right...and then homegirl would not grow! She stayed in newborn clothes for almost three months. I remember looking at all of the 0-3 month clothes in her drawers being so sad that I couldn't dress her in all of the cute stuff I had waiting. 
  • DS was 8lb 3oz at birth which seemed big but he was a super slow grower too! He stayed in NB for quite a white and was in 0-3 for a loooong time. He's still small for his age. 
  • @auntieraindrop agreed!  

I have recieved 0-3 months clothes but no newborn.  DH and I were both over 8lbs babies so I am guessing baby girl will be around the same.  After reading the thread I am thinking I should go shopping for a few newborn outfits.  OH DARN  :D
  • DS was over 9lbs but he was in NB for a couple of weeks. Honestly though, for the first week or so it was easier to keep him in a kimono top and diaper when we were at home (which was pretty much the whole time bc my mom insisted I couldn't drive yet).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• DS2 was over 9 lbs and still in NB clothes for a little while. Thought I 100% agree with with @bainidhedub advice to rock the kimono shirt and diaper (plus leg warmers if it's cold!) as much as possible while at home, so much easier!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Yes leg warmers too! My doctor's office keeps giving me info packets that include a bunch of coupon/gift cards including for Baby Legs. I'll try to remember to get a photo and share here in case anybody would like to use them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• I have a ton of baby legs! I love them!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • kelk5 said:
    I'm a bit worried about getting way too much pink stuff because we are having a girl. I like pink but I'm not a pink girl. I prefer it as an accent color to green, purple, and blue. Or more raspberry pink, purplish pink, peachy pink, or a rose pink but not a pure pink or bright pink. I'm okay with some pink stuff I just don't want everything to be pink. Seriously, this is what I'm worried about right now and I know it's a bit silly and I should just be happy for any gift regardless of the color. So on the evite I wanted to put something cute that might direct people to think outside the pink is for girls box. I put something like, "we don't know her favorite color yet but would love for others to help show her the rainbow so she may choose a favorite color when she's older." 
    This!!!! I like pink but I do not want it to dominate the Nursery or DD’s wardrobe! Purple and green are my favs too. :) There’s a big craft show going on near here today and MIL has already mentioned that she’s bought a *bunch* of pink stuff today. I’m trying to be excited, but not sure I’m doing a great job at it. 

Also the unicorn sounds amazing! 

January 2018 Board September Siggy Challenge: Fall

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ill jump up the weight gain bandwagon. I am also at 35 lbs right now at 26 weeks. It's discouraging, but the only thing growing is my belly, and the rest is all water weight. The swelling has been ridiculous from day one so I know that doesn't help either.
  • @beans17, green and purple are my favorite colors as well!  Good luck trying to be excited for the pink gifts. I feel your struggle
  • I haven't seen a dentist in a decade. That's so embarrassing to admit but true. I should probably apply for dental through my employer come open enrollment in December because it's a pretty reasonable add on. I think my teeth are in a good shape but kinda terrified to get side-eyed from future dental staff 
  • @sbishop426 I hadn't gone to the dentist in over 7 years and just started going again last year. Miraculously no cavities, but definite gum issues. I've been going every 3 months to get my gums healthy. 

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• @sbishop426 i'd definitely apply and visit a dentist if you can, especially since pregnancy can exacerbate gum issues!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @kelk5 @beans17  I’m in the no-pink club too. I can be plenty girly but have never liked pink. I didn’t put anything pink on the registry (I barely registered for clothes but all other items are a mix of colors). I’m hoping people get the hint.  I know I’ll get a few things which is fine but too much and it will be returned! 
  • on weight gain... With my first, I gained a ton of weight right away which I thought was normal until my OB started giving me a hard time. When my weight was more than my husband's I felt really crappy, so I started telling the nurse not to tell me what the scale read at our appointments. I would not recommend doing that, because when I was in labor in the hospital they kept asking me how much I weighed and I had no idea. I could just say, well two months ago, I was this...