December 2017 Moms
Options

Never question feeling off

yesterday I worked on Tuesday night into Wednesday am. At about 530 while still on my shift (l&d RN) I got a weird pain in center of abdomen. Thought it might be gas bubble but still didn't feel right after trying to relieve said bubble. By 545 the pain shifted down into the right side of my abdomen into my hip and then back to the upper right of my abdomen. Tried to push through and was in denial something was wrong. I was nauseous in pain pale and flushed and felt like I was going to pass out. My ob saw me and told me I should probably be triaged. I was still in denial. Finally at 745 the pain was almost unbearable. Went to triage and got hooked to monitors. Luckily no contractions or bleeding and baby girl looked great. They decided to give me fluid since I vomited  profusely around 815. They did labs. Long story short I had an elevated white blood cell count and u/s. Gallbladder issues ruled out but appendix not visualized. Got a surgery consult and needless to say I had appendicitis. Went to surgery to have it removed around 2 pm.  I am 31 weeks today. Was initially having contractions every few minutes so I was started on indocin and betamethasone for babies lungs in case surgery put me into preterm labor. Still have occasional cramping/contractions but nothing crazy. Lots of pain due to surgery though. Moral of story trust the way you are feeling! 

Re: Never question feeling off

• Options
    So sorry you are dealing with this. I hope you have a quick recovery and that everything stays good with LO!
  • Options
    I was like,... this story sounds so familiar. Then I checked your name... yep A15. Been thinking about you. Hoping that little one stays put 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my goodness!  I hope you are feeling better right now-thank you for sharing.  Get some rest and I am sending positive vibes your way!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Together since May 19, 2001

Baby #1 was born in May 2013.

Baby #2 was born in December 2017.

• Options
    Oh my goodness @bailey1823A What a trooper you are! I had sx at 19 weeks, and it's quite terrifying, but it sounds like you got through that with flying colors for you and your LO! FX for smooth sailing from here on out. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    IVF #1 03/2017 - 23 Retrieved / 22 Fertilized / 11 at Day 3 / 1 Beautiful Embryo tf on Day 5 / 7 Frozen on Day 6 - Beta #1 4/5/17: 104 Beta #2 4/7/17 224
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Bailey1823A that is terrifying! I hope you are on the mend and feeling better 
  • Options
    @Bailey1823A I am so glad you were able to quickly get the help you needed.  I hope you mend quickly and that there are no more big surprises for you and your LO. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Bailey1823A  I'm so glad you followed your instincts and got the necessary treatment. I hope your recovery goes smoothly and baby stays put! 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    Thanks ladies. As a RN I tend to downplay everything but according to the surgeon if I had ignored it I would have definitely been back with a ruptured appendix which would have been really bad. Today was rough. Tried to get out of bed this am and the Pressure of my uterus pushing against incision site and against the place of inflammation I cried and got severely dizzy and nauseous. Got back to bed and they started me on a pca pump. Baby girl looks great. Pain is some much more managed now. Will be trying to get out of bed this am and then maybe discharge home later tonight depending on labs. Still on iv antibiotics and meds to stop contractions as I am still having them sometimes but cervix reveals I'm still closed. Please say a prayer that baby turns though as she is transverse and I really don't want to have a c/s because it's going to be harder to have 2 abdominal surgeries back to back. The other sucky thing is I am out of work for 4-6 weeks for this and could come back for anywhere fom 3-4 weeks and then have my baby. Definitely not how I planned my time. Grr 
  • Options
    That is rough, I hope she gets herself in position quickly for you so you don't have to have a second surgery so soon.  I am happy to hear your contractions are getting better!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! 
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear that you went through all of this! That is really scary, and I can't even imagine what all you have emotionally gone through. I hope that they can keep your pain managed and get you on  your feet quickly! Prayers that LO stays in there, you stay closed, and contractions cease. I also hope baby turns soon for you. 

• Options
    @Bailey1823A so glad u followed your instinct. Sometimes us women try to be strong and think it's just nothing. Thankfully you got the treatment you and baby girl needed. Hope she hangs in there for a little while longer and turns for you. Fingers crossed, take it easy x