November 2017 Moms

WTF Wednesday - 9/27

I had my final business trip this week that my midwife allowed me to go on.  My colleague arrives at the airport to inform me he's been sick all weekend but he is feeling much better and does not think he is contagious any more.  48 hours (6 of which were unavoidably in enclosed spaces with him) and my throat is very sore.  I'm sucking down liquids and vitamin C today to stave off anything he transmitted.

UGH.

Re: WTF Wednesday - 9/27

• @curiousfool1 why are people so inconsiderate???? I hope it's just a coincidence and you didn't catch what he had. 
  • I got a call today informing me I have cholestasis of pregnancy.  I had 0 risk factors.  I will go in for more monitoring on Friday and to go over treatment plan. I will need to give birth at 36-37 weeks to help prevent still birth.  I don't have the classic symptom, itching.  This disorder affects about 1 in 1000. WTF.
  • Loading the player...
  • @kyethra How did they find out you had that?
  • My WTF goes out to my digestive system. I've eaten once in 24 hours, I was hungry when I left work but not by the time I got home.  Had a glorious bm this morning  (sorry) but then had the cramping and painful loose stools this afternoon. Also wtf to all this belly tightening today and last night, woke me up in my sleep and made my cervix hurt. I'm ready for a bath and bed. 
  • @kyethra that stinks! Im sure it's at least nice to know what it is now so that they can figure out how to treat it. Still very scary. 

WTF to the steroids not helping my platelet count, but now possibly causing me diabetes. Had a "ton of sugar" in my urine today and need to track sugars this weekend to monitor. Since steroids aren't helping, going to try a different treatment so hoping that works. Had two very uncomplicated pregnancies, but then we just HAD to go for that third...lol
  • @littlemissc17 I'm surprised they didn't tell you steroids can increase blood sugars even for those without diabetes. I have lots of patients who get placed on steroid tapers and we check their blood sugars during because they can spike and cause other metabolic issues.  Sorry you ladies are dealing with this. 
  • hillaryo14hillaryo14 member
    edited September 2017
    Found out last week that kid in my class has these meltdowns where, for no known reason, she screams and yells and runs around and is just generally horrible, behavior-wise. Had 2 episodes last week in the cafeteria. She started having them in class this week. Yesterday, mid-meltdown she tells me "I'm gonna hit your baby!" Principal tells parents, they basically just laugh it off, saying "Oh, she's just like that." 
    WTF. 
    This is gonna be a loooooong school year.
    ETA this is a 6 year old.
  • @MaximumEffort I knew it was a possible side effect based on what I read but all had been fine. They increased my dose last week which is sending it over the edge. I'm just really hoping this other intervention helps so I can taper off. 

Also, I'm bumping at 1:30 am bc I've been up since midnight with heartburn and Zantac just isn't working. 
  • Praying all you ladies get healthy soon!!! 
  • Not Wed anymore. But yesterday I went to a fair with work/clients. Because I'm pregnant I'm not allowed to do rides, so they give me nonriders for things like this - cool, thanks, appreciate it. But I always get wheelchairs to push around. This time I got the heaviest wheelchair/person combo from our group. It was so obvious that I had clients complaining they shouldn't have done that to me. I just sucked it up n said it is what it is and don't make a deal about it. But it was definitely hard on me...and I had to push them around for 4 hours! Today I was put on a community walk with clients (we walk around the area) well we went to a lake, I thought it'd be an easy day....nope! The 3 I had wanted to walk the entire lake! It wasn't terrible, just about 2 miles or so, but my god I was hurting when we were done. I started cramping before we were done but there's no places to sit and no one to come get us if I couldn't make it out. I just took it slow and we made it back to our van in under an hour. 

Don't get me wrong, I love what I do and I wouldn't change it for the world. But at 32 weeks, I think they should be more lenient on me. Especially when I've been there literally my whole pregnancy (I found out at 3.5 weeks and had started there the week before). So they should know I'm not just milking it.
  • @kaitlinliz can you say anything to them? That does seem a little outrageous. 
  • @kaitlinliz Get a doctor's note. That's ridiculous.
    @kyethra Fingers cross everything goes well.
    @hillaryo14 If admin doesn't take that threat seriously, it's time to go to the union. Putting your baby in danger is not okay.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Being sick at 35 weeks pregnant sucks. 
  • @curiousfool1 I'm sorry. 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• @NYTino24 Admin did, its the parents who think it's a joke. 
  • @littlemissc17 @NYTino24 they're ones that if you ask for sympathy or to do something else, they will do the exact opposite. I go to the Dr on the 5th so I'll ask them what they recommend. I'm trying to promote so I don't wanna complain too much, granted it's a whole hiring process not a well we think you'd be good for this position and have shown determination type. But I still don't wanna screw it up 
  • My liver enzymes were high on my blood work.  I had severe pre-e and HELLP with my son, so they have been doing extra monitoring.  My OB was looking for pre-e, really.  But the liver enzymes were elevated so they had me do a fasting lab and liver ultrasound. They ultrasound had looked good and we hoped the enzymes would be normal on a fast, but instead they were up again.  The other suspects like hepatitus, etc. were negative. My pre-e labs were all negative and bp is still ok.  My liver enzymes that are raised correlate with ICP and my bile acids also came back high, above the normal cut off point.  One in particular that correlates with ICP.  It takes several days to get bile acid results back so I don't know my most recent levels yet.  It is a mild case and they caught it early and I started on meds which help protect the baby and will have a C section between 36 and 37 weeks to help prevent still birth.  I do have a couple of the other symptoms, dark urine (both the doctor and nurse had remarked on it at my last appointment and urged me to make sure I was getting enough liquid-- but it was a heat wave that week), exhausted (but I'm 30 some weeks pregnant and have narcolepsy), and decreased appetite (but I thought that was normal, that one gains weight more slowly this trimester and of course I'm not as hungry with the baby taking up more room).  No itchy hands or feet.  No liver pain.  My doctor says it is possible I had it last time and we missed it because we never would have thought to look for it and solely attributed my liver enzymes to the pre-e.  This does raise my risk of developing pre-e, and a recent study showed that could develop ahead of the bp rising with this so they are going to check for protein weekly and also will monitor my bile acids weekly. I also go in twice a week now and alternate an ultrasound and non stress test.  It is really odd to have this and not be itchy!  I might still develop an itch of course, but I definitely hope I do not as I am on the meds. 
  • @kaitlinliz I get that, but don’t forget to take care of yourself! 
  • @littlemissc17 thank you. I wont. I'm actually sick right now. There's 4/13 staff I know of that all have the same thing at this moment. So I'm resting and drinking tea (which I don't do) hopefully I'll feel better by Monday. Tuesday I meet with my boss to learn her position (the position I'm applying for) she got promoted and I'm the only one in our program that qualifies - so it'll be either me or someone outside the program. 
  • @kaitlinliz Ok, glad you’re getting some rest. Good luck with getting the promotion!
  • @littlemissc17 thank you! I'm not holding my breath but it would be great to get! She's holding both that position and hers right now and said she'll be staying with us as there is no place for her in our HR office (about 30 mins away). Which means she'd be in our program to help at all times. I was worried that the pregnancy might hold them back since they'd be training someone they know is leaving for a few weeks but if she's staying with us I might be in luck.