January 2018 Moms
Options

Friday Ticker Change 9/29

Happy Friday ladies!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling? Any cravings?

3) Any appointments this week/last?

4) How are your baby preparations going (Nursery/Registry/Etc.)?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: What are three interesting facts about you? 

Re: Friday Ticker Change 9/29

• Options
    25 weeks, size of a cauliflower.

Feeling decent overall but have been dealing with some back and rib pain this week and just general discomfort. No real cravings but I'm starving all the time this week so whenever I do figure out what I want to eat, I eat way too much of it.

Next appointment will be Tuesday! 2nd anatomy scan plus general OB appointment.

Registry has been done since Week 12. We finally finished the flooring in the hallway which means this weekend we can move on to the nursery and guest room! We probably won't get to putting down the new floors this weekend but we should be able to pack up and clear out both rooms and at least start ripping the carpet up and maybe start pulling up staples and tack strips. The rooms are across from each other and since we are continuing the flooring from the hall and don't want to have thresholds at each room we have to do them at the same time so double the work and double the time but I'm excited because other than the stairs this will be the last bit of carpet we need to get rid of in the house! After the new floors go in we just have to install the new baseboards (caulk, spackle, sand, and paint them as well) and I have to patch a big area on one wall and repaint it. After that we can start putting everything together! We have our crib and I need to refinish the dresser so those will probably go in first. 

The weather is supposed to be decent this weekend! Still up to 80 tomorrow but Sunday is supposed to be 74 and sunny which sounds awesome. Not that we'll be able to spend much time outside enjoying it but whatever. 

I'm so terrible at these! Let's see.
    1 - I was the first girl born into the family in 34 years (my mom was the last one before me) and out of my mom's kids (5 of us) and her siblings' kids (3 total), I was the only girl. 
    2 - I am terrified of bridges. It's gotten better but I still have to close my eyes and hold my breath when we drive over most of them and there was a time in my life where I couldn't drive myself over any bridge and if I was riding I'd come close to a full blown panic attack. 
    3 - I hate chocolate chip cookies.
  • Options
    26 weeks today so baby is the size of a scallion. 

Since Tuesday morning, my left lower back sometimes has bursts of extreme pain. I went to my chiropractor on Wednesday, but unfortunately, getting adjusted didn't really help with this issue. No real cravings, although I've wanted water a lot more than I usually do.   

I had my glucose test last week and monthly check up this week. All results came back normal, and baby appears to be growing right on track. 

With this whole Toys R'Us declaring bankruptcy, I'm actually considering moving around my registry. Otherwise, I'm all done.The nursery is not even close to being done. DH promised me he would paint and assemble furniture if I bought paint and got in the nursery and cleaned it out this weekend. With 14 approx weeks left to go, DH is starting to worry we won't have enough time to get it all done if I don't start now.   

Nothing I haven't ranted or raved about on other posts lol. 

1) I was raised an ex-pat. I grew up in Europe, and didn't move to the USA until college. 
    2) Along the same lines as above, I've been to 6 other countries - Canada, Greece, the UK, France, the Netherlands, Cyprus, and Jordan - and I've lived in a total of three countries (including the USA).   
    3) I am terrible at languages so never managed to learn anything besides English.   
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @darkrose88 - I'm struggling with lower left back pain, too! Especially if I try to rely more on my left side when getting up from a seated position. 
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 24 weeks ~ a cantaloupe

OVERWHELMED!!! I am such a big ball of emotions. I feel like I'm constantly searching for the bad in things :( I haven't ever been this way. 

Had my 24 week appt, and all was good. Heartrate was strong & she even kicked the doctor during the appt. Got my glucose test drink and it's in the fridge for the next 4 weeks taunting me.

All is going good. We won't have a nursery for quite a while, her dresser and that kind of stuff will be shared with her brothers room until our house reno is complete. I coslept with my son til after he was 1, so that's what I plan on doing with her.

Whew, I am tired of things changing lol I have never been one for change but the past two weeks, everything I have planned, just ends up getting changed. My sons 2nd bday party date got changed along with venue and then my "sprinkle" got changed along with venue. And we still can't decide on a house design/layout we like :( ***Like I said above, I am super emotional at this time*

1. I have a half sister that I just met 1 year ago thanks to my husband 2. My little family (husband, myself & son) are all vegan 3. I have never seen Star Wars or Avatar (my husband thinks I'm insane)
  • Options
    darkrose88darkrose88 member
    edited September 2017
    @gusgus14 The struggle is real!! The pain hits me at random times, but mostly when I first wake up, or when I've been sitting a long time. The worst part is I'm worried about aggravating my back, so I've been taking it easy... which means no working out...which is making me feel fat and grumpy  :s

Edit - spelling...
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 25w, baseball glove.

Heartburn is getting worse, but no consistent cravings.

GD screen was Wednesday and I have my regular OB visit next Friday.

Got our backpack diaper bag this week! I love it so far.

1. I've only ever been with one guy (DH) and we waited for marriage. 2. I'm the oldest of 6 kids so everyone assumes I'm having lots of kids too. HA no. 3. I've only been to 2 other countries besides the US- Canada and Mexico. We want to change that someday when the kids are older!
  • Options
    23 weeks he's the size of a box of macaroni and cheese 
    I'm starting to feel "full" all the time and my love for fruits and veggis is coming back!
    GD testing next week. Yay.
    We've registered but the baby room is still an inventory room for me
    Why do my in-laws think all of a sudden deciding we have to have a weekly family dinner is a good idea? Y'all. I'm tired after work and I have to get a lot done on my days off. When we DO have family dinner they want everyone there by like 3 or 4 pm to get ready. I'm pregnant and eant to be home. In my pjs. Plus my MIL's immu e system is shot, shes had shingles, MRSA, pneumonia and all sorts of lovely yuckness in the last few months. Ugh
    I'm a military kid that never traveled. My parents met at both of their last duty stations, had me and both got out.
    Speaking of my interesting parental situation; mu parents were super committed bowlers on a league going into the time I was born. My mom's water actually broke AT the bowling alley on league night. My mom had told my dad to finish his game then they had to go to the hospital -__- 
    A month (and 5 days) after I was born another lady whom my parents bowled with had her twin girls. Who wpuls go on to go to the same baby sitter, all the same schools and even all work at the same dog grooming salon as me. They were also my bridesmaids and vise versa. One of them had her son in July, I'm due with a little man in January and the 3rd of us is also expecring a boy in February.  What are the odds?!