November 2017 Moms

Just need some encouragment

So I am due November 12th of my second child. My first is 7 years old. I am a single mother. (Recently left by my girlfriend of 9 years) so its been super rough. I have no family to turn to due to their drug use and all of the rest simply just wont be there. I am afraid of losing our apartment and not being able to get all the things baby needs due to no income or friends to have over for a babyshower. This is probably the scariest thing Ive ever had to go through in my life. I have been wondering what it will be like during labor.. Will my son be in school? If he is with me..will he be able to sit there and be patient and supportive, or will it scare him? He is Autistic so certain things can be hard for him. I just dont know. Im hoping to just get some words of encouragement or maybe some advice. But really..what am I to do in a situation like this?

Re: Just need some encouragment

• I am so sorry you are going through this difficult situation. I don't have any advice but I will keep you in my thoughts. I hope your situation works out for the best! Hugs!
  • I Am sorry you are going through this. My only advice is to research local non-profit groups in your area who that specialize in helping single moms like yourself. See what type of assistance they can offer in terms of childcare and baby supplies.

is your ex also leaving your son and unborn baby? Does she have parental rights? If so, then she should be paying support and helping with care also. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with @mymulligan. Look into nonprofit groups and churches. You may also want to check with your OB office or the hospital social worker as they may have info on the local resources. We have something called a crisis nursery where I live with trained, background checked people where you can bring your child if you need childcare. You may check to see if there is something like that in your area for the birth. Some of those nonprofits may offer support and/or counseling services. It might not hurt to take advantage of something like that as well to help you get through this tough time. Wishing you the best!
  • I teach kids with autism.  Your son is entitled to lots of services, etc., including SSI, based on his disability.  That could be one way to help with some funding.  You should talk to an advocate for children with special needs.  Good luck with the baby!  I also agree with previous poster about your ex providing some financial support if possible?
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)