Infertility

September IUI

124»

Re: September IUI

• @harleyquinn0621 a 1 inch needle probably got into the muscle, I wouldn't worry too much. I'm a nurse and give shots every day ;)
  • @jenrn1216 thank you!!
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey guys, this might be a stupid question, but does anyone know if you can BD while on progesterone vaginal suppositories? Does is affect DH's sperm count since it is a female hormone? I've been taking them by mouth when we want to BD, but it's causing a lot of dizziness for me so i went back to suppository route. Any advice? 
    ***** child/loss TW *****
    natural pregnancy DD 2012 TTC #2 since 2014
    9/2015 chemical pregnancy
    Initial workup: 
         AMH: 0.898 ng/ml
         Antral Follicle Count: 5
         FSH day 3: 6.56 mIU/ml
         LH day 3: 5.24 mIU/ml
         Estradiol day 3: 46.75 pg/ml

IUI 1-4 BFN

IVF #1 After ovulation was confirmed with progesterone levels on CD19. Cetrotide ½ dose X4 doses and minivelle was started CD 20 to continue through stim. Upon AF, started follistim 150 bid and menopur 75 bid on CD3. Started cetrotide 1 dose when biggest follicle reached 13mm. Retrieved 4 eggs out of 12 follicles, 2 PGS normal, FET #1 9/14/18 BFP beta#1 10dp6dt 369, 12dp6dt 1210 
  • Hi ladies! Had my beta today and got a BFP! In total shock!

@babyhopeful442 I have never been on progesterone, but I do not think it would affect DH sperm count. 
  • @sunnynat2015 omg that's great news!!!!! Fx for continues raising betas!!!! Please keep in touch let me know how everything is going. Unfortunately I started another cycle but fouND out today dr is cancelling it due to a few follical cycsts. I'm taking next cycle off too bc it is during my vacation so I'm just going to try naturally and enjoy this time off. 
  • @sunnynat2015 Congrats!!! Can't wait to hear of your next beta!!! Did you have any symptoms this months that felt different than before? 
    Initial workup: 

IUI 1-4 BFN

IVF #1 After ovulation was confirmed with progesterone levels on CD19. Cetrotide ½ dose X4 doses and minivelle was started CD 20 to continue through stim. Upon AF, started follistim 150 bid and menopur 75 bid on CD3. Started cetrotide 1 dose when biggest follicle reached 13mm. Retrieved 4 eggs out of 12 follicles, 2 PGS normal, FET #1 9/14/18 BFP beta#1 10dp6dt 369, 12dp6dt 1210 
  • @Labluver2 Thank you! I Go back Wednesday to see if my #s are doubling. I'm sorry they cancelled your cycle! I know the feeling... I got cancelled in June and July due to progesterone issues. At least you have a vacation to look forward to! Are you going/doing anything exciting? I haven't been on a vacation  in so long! 

@babyhopeful442 Next beta in Wednesday! The only think that I thought was weird was that I had cramps almost the whole 2ww. They kind of went away over the weekend. But still have them slightly. 
  • @babyhopeful442 Men produce progesterone, too, and it's actually a precursor to testosterone so I doubt it would affect sperm count. But you might want to check with your Dr to be sure!

@sunnynat2015 Hooray! Congratulations! Here's hoping for an easy, healthy 9 mos.
  • @sunnynat2015 my husband is going hunting so I'll prob just hang with the fur kids. 
  • @sunnynat2015 Congratulations! FX for great betas and a H&H 9 months!

AFM, CD 3 today so I'm out. AF showed 2 days early so I think the meds and Oing an insane amount of eggs threw my body for a loop. I'm meeting with a new RE in 3 weeks so I'm just going to take this cycle off and try the old fashioned way. Not expecting it's going to work, but I would rather try than not. Good luck to anyone still in the TWW!

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @tosh24 my cycle was cancelled this month due to having a few cysts so I'll be trying natural as well. I also don't see it working but like yoy said better than nothing.I'm also taking next cycle off as well as it will prob fall during my vacation. It will be nice to not worry about Dr's appt, meds, shots and everything else. Good luck the natural route. 
  • edited October 2017
    I'm sorry about your cancellation @Labluver2. Hopefully you can take this month and the next to give your body the time it needs to heal and come back ready and strong for a baby. I hope your vacation goes well!

I'm sorry about your BFN @tosh24. I think i am out too this cycle since my bbt chart shows temperature dipping... i'm currently CD 22 but i O'd early this cycle on CD12 because of femara. Hopefully next month is the month for all of us!
    Initial workup: 

IUI 1-4 BFN

• Hey guys, I just have a question about our IUI. We had our first IUI on the 25th. That morning when I went in to have it done, the nurse mentioned that DH's post wash count was only 0.4 million. She said that my doctor would likely talk to me about trying IVF next cycle. What is a normal post wash count? And what is a count that would be a no-go for IUI. I had already done everything, given my trigger and drove 4 hours one way to get the IUI so the nurse said something is better than nothing but I'm not feeling good about this cycle at all.
  • @CrunchyBaby2 , I just had my first iui on sept 23rd. So we are very close!! The good thing about iui is they put the sperm where it needs to be and if the timing is right, the chances are much better. From what I understand, they want DHs count to be higher than 10 million. But I've seen lots of success stories from people with less so don't count yourself out just yet. Did they do a semen analysis on him before the iui? 
    Initial workup: 

IUI 1-4 BFN

• @CrunchyBaby2 My RE's office likes to see Post Wash at least 5 million. But just remember it only takes one! Not sure what your feelings are on IVF but if you don't want to go that route, I know there are supplements DH can taken to increase his #'s. Wishing you luck this cycle. 
  • @tosh24 Sorry for your BFN. 
  • @babyhopeful442 Yes he did and it was much higher, I don't remember an exact number. He was sick the week prior to our IUI so we're hoping that is the reason.

@sunnynat2015 We really don't want to go down the IVF road just for other reasons. IUI is hard enough as it means driving 8 hours to my clinic every other day for monitoring.

Thanks for the input ladies. Crossing my fingers.

• @sunnynat2015 how did your beta go today?
  • @Labluver2 It went great. I was so nervous because I have been having a lot of cramps. My number a little more than doubled, went from 305 to  772. They already scheduled my 7/8 week ultrasound. It feels surreal! Are you looking forward to your vacation? You must be excited to be able to relax! 
  • @sunnynat2015 so exciting glad everything is going well!!! I'm dealing with this cyst Dr doesn't want to remove it BC it could mess with my ovary leaving scaring and he said right now my ovary is function. The pain is awful tho it goes a away after I ovulate but I have it for like 2 weeks I started last week with fhd pain and it comes and goes. I have a few folical cysts this cycle which is why he canceled the cycle those should go away on thier own. Def can't wait for vacation. Not going anywhere BC we thought we would be in middle of a cycle but it will be nice no drs appt to run too and I won't have to get up and go to work.
  • @Labluver2 So sorry about your cysts! They are so painful. I have them 2 years ago and I still remember the sharp pains inwould get. It was the worst! Hopefully they will clear up soon! Sometimes Stay-cations are the best. I haven't been on a big vacation in like 4 years. Hoping maybe in a couple years I will get one. 
  • @sunnynat2015 just checking in seeing how everything is going.
  • @Labluver2 I'm doing pretty good! Still have some cramping but it is mild. I'm also soooo tired! I literally fall asleep on the couch at like. 8:30 or 9pm. I use to go be bed at 11:30 or midnight so this is new for me! lol I go on the 25th for an ultrasound. How have you been doing? Was this week your vaca?
  • @sunnynat2015 glad things are going well. How exciting for the 25!!!! My vacation starts the 28th!!!! Looking forward to it so much. Hubby has been working so much I haven't really seen him which made this month hard to time BD. We only got it in once during fertile time so I'm not very hopeful for this cycle. I was going to skip next cycle but as long as the actual iui doesn't fall on vacation I think I'm going to continue next cycle. I've been doing anything I can think of to improve egg quality. I'm going to look into as acupuncture as well. 
  • @Labluver2 I have heard that acupuncture really helps a lot of women. I personally have not tried it. You should give it a try! Have you read the "It starts with an Egg" book? It is about improving egg quality and gives a lot of great tips. I got it on Amazon. Hope you had a nice weekend!