May 2018 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change 9/27

Your "ticker change day" is the day you switch over to being another full week pregnant (ie: 5 weeks instead of 4 weeks and 6 days).

If your EDD is 5/2, 5/9, 5/16, 5/23, or 5/30, this is for you! 

1.  How far along are you?  How big is baby?

2.  How are you feeling?

3.  Any appointments coming up?

4.  Rants/raves/questions? 

5.  GTKY:  If you could only eat one specific candy for the rest of your life, what would you pick?  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
Married June 2012
BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 9/27

• Options
    Your "ticker change day" is the day you switch over to being another full week pregnant (ie: 5 weeks instead of 4 weeks and 6 days).

If your EDD is 5/2, 5/9, 5/16, 5/23, or 5/30, this is for you! 

8 weeks, I think I've seen green olives, raspberries, peanut m&m
     2.  How are you feeling?
    Still pretty shitty.  The nausea is still there, but it seems to be getting slightly better (fingers crossed).  I have bad days and not as bad days, last night was definitely a bad night.  
    Monday, I can't wait.  I'm planning on taking my girls with me, which I might regret later, but I really hope they get to hear the heartbeat.  And I'm so anxious to find out if they'll do an US for me, if only to keep me from murdering the next person who says to me, "OMG, what if it's twins again!?!"  

Rave- I'm leaving for MH's cousin's bachelorette party on Friday, and I'm really excited.  I also ordered another possible dress for Churchill Downs and some ginger chews online and I should get them today.  Rant- I'm really hoping I can get this nausea under control by this weekend because otherwise I'm going to be miserable the whole time, and I don't want to be a downer for her special weekend. 
    5.  GTKY:  
    Hershey's with almonds

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @sandbar517 SO happy to hear you are excited about bachelorette! I doubt I would be able to make it through one of those while pg!  Props to you.

9 weeks (but I measured 2 days ahead last US so who knows what my EDD will be)

2.  How are you feeling?
    Fabulous.  Morning sickness faded to just random shittyness throuhout the day instead of constand and even then it's just kind of an overall blah feeling.  I bought the sonolineB home doppler and found the HB last night!!! 170s.  So relieved but I promised DH I wouldn't go crazy with the doppler even though I want to strap it to myself and wear it like a belt!

Monday dating scan.

Loving this Indian Summer in CT.  It's been in the 80s everyday this week.

5.  GTKY:  If you could only eat one specific candy for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
    Definitely watermelon sour patch kids....no contest.   
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey Wednesday ladies!

7 weeks! Yay! I think the size of a blueberry. FTM and I'm keeping track daily 

2.  How are you feeling?
    A little like having the flu everyday-exhausted, bleary, and pregnancy brain kicking in like crazy. I can't even count the number of things I've misplaced in the last week! Only touches of nausea here and there but so many food aversions it's hard to find something I'm willing to eat. Poor hubby has gone to the store every night to get what we need and even let us go to McDonalds last night for dinner. I got a happy meal with chicken nuggets and I have 0 regrets. It was amazing. 

Just had a confirmation of pregnancy (and got approved for my allergy meds! Thank goodness!) and have my first US Friday of next week. I'm so nervous and want to get a doppler but know I'd freak out if I couldn't find the heartbeat.

Rant: My chest has grown at least two cup sizes. I just bought new bras in June and I'm super mad about it. They no longer cover anything they're supposed to cover. 
    Rave: Strolled through the baby section at Target. Can't believe how cute these little baby clothes can be!

@justsuzie the sour patch kids are great but who knew sweet tarts (what I keep on hand to pass out to my students) could help the nausea so much!

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    @sandbar517 Fx your nausea is more manageable by the weekend! Sounds like it will be fun.
    @justsuzie I'm glad you found the HB! woohoo!
    @allie0320 I did that at target last week too... :)

9 weeks! Lug nut!

2.  How are you feeling?
    Still pretty nauseous but I am getting an occasional day of relief or or there. I'm not mad about it. My ute has been feeling super sore this week too. Grow baby grow!

Not until 10/11

Rave: I'm going to Michael's later. Love me some Michael's. No rants today! 

This is tough for me. Probably Reese's. 
  • Options
    • 1.  How far along are you?  How big is baby? 
      6 weeks, small blueberry or popping firecracker.

2.  How are you feeling?
      Tired all the time. Somewhat worried bc I'm not that nauseated. Which is silly bc everyone's different. And with my DS I didn't get nauseated until like 10 weeks and only then felt it only when I was sedentary, not at work or on the go. It just worries me bc I had a miscarriage at 13 weeks the 1st time around, so I know the sicker you feel the healthier baby is. Patiently waiting..oh and I'm a physician so I fully know there's not much to see on transabdominal ultrasound bc baby's so small. But has that kept me from looking 3 times already? Nope. All I see is a gestational sac and I know that's normal right now. But until i can see the fetal pole or cardiac activity I'm not gonna have any peace of mind. So maybe not patiently waiting... lol

Just a nurse appt 10/3.

I'm so tired of all the idiotic statements on facebook. I think I'm gonna take a break from it. Easier said than done.

Haribo gummybears for sure!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    8 wks, pygmy sea horse!
     2.  How are you feeling?
    Shitty so tired and nauseous
    10/2

No just want some relief soon
    Probably snickers...
  • Options
    1.  How far along are you?  How big is baby? 7 weeks! Baby is the size of a blueberry, or my personal favorite- brookesia micro chameleon ;)

2.  How are you feeling? Tired, yet can't sleep. Boobs are sore. And the nausea hit on Monday. Luckily I have quite a few midwife friends, and there recommendations of crackers before getting out of bed, followed by Zantac and either ginger ale or ginger tea, I have been able to power through work the last few days.

3.  Any appointments coming up? Monday is my 1st appointment with a nurse to do history and blood/urine tests. Have to wait until Oct 17th for my first ultrasound to get the OB I wanted ... I am however planning on taking a Doppler home from work over the weekend to try and hear the heartbeat ;)

Rant - I'm mostly at the point I just want to tell everyone, but know it's too early :/ Rave - planning some great pregnancy announcements, including incorporating a cards against humanity game!

Candy corn. Specifically the pumpkins. Hells yes.
  • Options
    @rachelg777 Michaels is dangerous....I have over a dozen half finished projects in my house right now! Are planning anything in particular?
  • Options
    @allie0320 What a good DH!  My DH left me a sink of dishes. 
  • Options
    @justsuzie Nothing special but I did buy some plain glass ornaments and think I will do something with them this week! I looked at all the frames for potential nursery projects but am waiting to buy anything... what craft projects do you have going?!
  • Options
    @rachelg777 Wallpapering next weekend....should be interesting.This is the wallpaper I ordered.  ANy suggestion on colors for the rest of the room? I was thinking a seafoamy green.

• Options
    @justsuzie ohhh I love that! Seafoamy green would be great especially for a wall. Or even an eggshell blue could be nice. A dark purple goes well with that color but not sure about on a wall. 
  • Options
    @klynneculpsmith What specialty? My husband is a physician.

And we are due date buddies! AND I also feel nervous as my nausea isn't as present this week as it was last week. 
  • Options
    1. 6w, I never remember to check what size it is. Small is all I know. Lol

2. Feeling okay this week which, if course, makes me paranoid as a PGAL. I still have some nausea here and there but I feel less bitchy and bloated. I'm out if town so no follow ups for another week and a half. Just hoping this is still my rainbow. 

3. Nurse call next week.. hate those things. Then a f/u on 10/11 with my RE. Hopefully seeing my OB sometimes soon, too so we can get AMA pre-auth genetic paperwork started. I'll schedule that during the nurse call. 

4. No questions for now. Just biding my time until I can feel "safe this one is viable. 

5. Toffifay. I can inhale those suckers like nothing. And happy hippo candy from Germany. Omg. 
  • Options
    @thedawkterswife hey DDB! That's what I'll refer to us as from now on. I'm an emergency physician. What specialty is your husband? Praying for your rainbow. I had mine last year. 
  • Options
    1. 9 weeks, baby is as big as a southern pecan. 

2. I feel pretty crappy in the evenings.  Which is better than last week when I was feeling crappy in the afternoon and evening.  And the bloat is uncomfortable, I don't remember it being this bad with my son. 

3. I have my first appt with my obgyn next week :)  

4.  Raves - 1 more week of these progesterone suppositories!   Can't wait to be done with these sloppy things!
    @justsuzie I am kinda jealous you found the hb with your Doppler!  I have yet to be successful but I know it's early. I like to torture myself :)

5.  Before this pregnancy I would have said skittles, but now I don't find them very satisfying.  So I'll go with sweet tarts. 
  • Options
    @klynneculpsmith Anesthesiology! He's a PGY4 and has signed his contract for post-training. We are just trying to schlep through the last bit of training here before we move for attendinghood. So happy to be finishing training but then those loan payments start. Eek! 
  • Options

6 weeks. Size of a sweet pea. 

2.  How are you feeling?

Feel like someone kicked me in the upper stomach that won't go away.

First OBGYN appt Friday afternoon. 

None at the moment.

Twix
  • Options
    @justsuzie Love the wallpaper!  It's such a bold move since so many people hate wallpaper now.  I applaud your cajones! And I think you could put almost any color with that since it's so neutral.  What room are you using it in?  
    @ecasey17 blasphemy!  Candy corn is almost the worst candy ever.  As long as circus peanuts exist, they will only take a close second, though.  LOL  
    @allie0320 I can't believe how much my boobs have rounded out already, and I'm already rather large chested to begin with.  The night I took an internet cheapie test and MH didn't *quite* believe it was positive, I later walked past him to use the bathroom *TMI with no shirt or bra on, cuz I sleep au naturale* and he told me the next day that he thought to himself, Oh yeah, she's totally pregnant.  Her boobs look huge.   :D
    @rachelg777 I love Michael's, too, but I'm much more partial to Joann.  I like to sew, and I don't know if Michael's even sells fabric.  If they do, it's not much, so I usually just skip Michael's.  My MIL sent me pictures of glass ornament ideas where you cut your wedding invitation up into strips and put it into the ornament so the details show-the date, time, name of the church, etc.  And I've also seen ones where people use a birth announcement (or just type the date, time, weight, length, etc. of the baby on a piece of paper) and then include the baby bracelets, or pieces of the blanket they came home in, or other cute things. 
    @klynneculpsmith I used to work in an ER, and we used the ultrasound machine on pregnant staff ALL the time.  MH used to call them "back alley ultrasounds".  It's how I found out I was having twins, so imagine how that phone call went with my OB the next morning.  "Um, hi.  Yeah, I'm pregnant, and I have an appointment on {whatever day}, and I'm just calling to let you guys know I'm having twins."  :: Long silence from the receptionist:: "Ummmmm, ok.  I'll give the doctor the message and have them call you back....."  And this all happened after I made a similar call a few months prior.  *TW miscarriage*

"Ummmm hi.  I'm pregnant, and have an appointment on {whatever day}.  Well, I did an ultrasound at work and I have a blighted ovum."  ::Long silence from receptionist::  "Ummmmmmm, ok?  I'll give the doctor the message and have them call you back...."

*end TW*  
    It's going to be so hard for me this time to not have access to the back alley ultrasounds anymore!!!  Some of my friends work in other ERs now and I'm really tempted to stop in sometime if my midwives won't agree to an US before the anatomy scan.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @thedawkterswife oh yeah, we paid beginning in residency but they really went up after residency. Good luck with the remaining year of residency. What an accomplishment to get through med school and residency. I couldn't have done it without the support of my family but especially my husband. So the success belongs to you too. Know one really understands the sacrifices it takes, so well done!
  • Options
    @sandbar517 Oh yes, they happen a lot. It's a secret club for free USs at any time of the day or night. lol
  • Options
    squashandlaces It took a long time to find it.....and I couldn't find it the next day.  I think I'm going to wait until close to 12 weeks to try again.  Don't worry, you'll find it.  I had to watch a ton of youtube videos. 

@sandbar517 Nursery....with white furniture and I think a gray fluffy rug.  I know it;s so early to start planning it but the school year will get crazy in a couple months.  I just want to get the room painted and wallpaper up before it get's too cold.  Wanna leave the windows open to vent out the smell.  I hate the smell of paint.   I hate ultrasounds and try to not have them.  I just get too anxious.  Hearing the heart is all I need for now. 

• Options
    9 weeks, ticker day is thursdays. Baby looked like a scorpion but as big as a strawberry!

2.  How are you feeling?
    last pregnancy I had  
    hyperemesis gravidarum so this is a breast with light nausea 

Next appointment is genetic testing Oct 17- so far :/

My 2 yo is so bad and I feel like I’m yelling allot more

Tripple chocolate kit kats, yumm