May 2018 Moms
Options

Ectopic?

ugh. So I have been having sharp pains all day. Not all the time, constant pain but it's been happening every few hours or so all day. It will stab stab stab for a few seconds and then stop for a bit. Sometimes a couple sets of those within a few min and then nothing for a while. I called and they're sending me for an ultrasound. I was hoping for just a pregnancy confirmation visit but oh well. Now I'm freaking out of course. 

Im not even sure the pain isn't muscular. It's so hard to tell. It doesn't seem to be happening when I move but it's such a little area/twinge if you know what I mean. there are so many muscles in there that could just be something little. It's also mostly on my right side where I have had hamstring/hip/it band running injuries for a year so I'm hyper aware of pain there. But then again...it's on one side and that could be a bad sign. Another thing is that I suddenly realize I haven't pooped in a while (tmi). Maybe it's just cramping? Ughhh. Anyway, US tomorrow.

Re: Ectopic?

• Options
    FX that it is just cramping from constipation or just cramps that sometimes go along with all the stretching. I don't have any experience with ectopic but I think you are doing the right thing by getting it checked out. I will be thinking of you.
  • Options
    I had an ectopic and had spotting a  bleed at 6 weeks.  I didn't feel any pain with it.  I did however feel stabbing pains with this pg  and then i bled.  They thought I had a cyst that ruptured.  I think if it was ectopic the pain would be pretty unbearable.  Good thing you are getting checkout out though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah @justsuzie the consensus from my obsessive googling is that it will typically be pretty intense but then I wonder if I'm being hyper aware and tomorrow or the next day it really will be super intense and today it's something most people don't even notice? 
  • Options
    It doesn't feel like my typical RLP but every preg is different and all that BS
  • Options
    cantoomomcantoomom member
    edited September 2017
    I pray for everything to be good for you!  I'm having those stab pains as well, this is my 4th so I should know if it is normal but I don't remember
  • Options
    I also agree with round ligament pain. This time it feels sharper than last time, but I have been reassured by my doctor (via email, so take it with a grain of salt) that's it's probably round ligament pain.

That being said, I will be thinking of you, and hoping for a good outcome.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I really hope it's just some common symptoms presenting themselves differently. This is my fourth pregnancy so I feel like I know what I'm doing and then I remember pregnancy is a big b word and once you think you know, it proves you wrong. I don't have any risk factors, etc so I think it's just precautionary. I hope. 
  • Options
    Good luck, I hope it turns out well! If it makes you feel any better, I kept having sharp stabby pains, only on the right side, to the point that I was almost convinced I had an ectopic. I went for my scan today and everything was totally normal! So I hope it is for you too :) 
  • Options
    I get a lot of sharp stabby pains, especially when I cough. I usually blame it on RLP, but if it's worrying you, no harm in calling your doc. I'm glad you did. FX for an ultrasound with good news and that the cramps ease soon. 
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for you!!! Fwiw I have been having stabbing pains also 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Wishing the best for you... glad you are getting an ultrasound!  I've had sharp, stabby pains as well.  For me, constipation related.   
    fail halloween fall costume minions GIF
  • Options
    I found out I am pregnant even though I had a tubal last year! My hcg levels have been going up consistantly. Dr were worried about an ectopic- I had a scan- nothing was seen. With serial HCGs continually rising after I hit 2200 we did a repeat scan- gestional sac present but no yoke sac. I'm measuring 5wks but LMP says I should be 6wks. 
    My pain was from cysts- which is common. Also the changes as your body is getting ready for the upcoming changes-
    Good LUCK
  • Options
    @jackeyleigh I only had a ges Sadat 5 weeks. By 6 weeks 5 days I was measuring 2 days ahead. Don't worry. 
  • Options
    @jackeyleigh...you can get pregnant after getting a tubal???

@molly1108-2, it's good to get it checked. I'm sure you'll be giving us a good update soon
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I really hope it's just some common symptoms presenting themselves differently. This is my fourth pregnancy so I feel like I know what I'm doing and then I remember pregnancy is a big b word and once you think you know, it proves you wrong. I don't have any risk factors, etc so I think it's just precautionary. I hope. 
    I had the same sharp right side pains my last pregnancy. I went in for a US and all was fine - was measuring right on track at over 7wks. They thought it was a burst cyst. Good luck!
  • Options
    nanifrog said:
    @jackeyleigh...you can get pregnant after getting a tubal???

@molly1108-2, it's good to get it checked. I'm sure you'll be giving us a good update soon
    I guess so! I was told there is always a chance... just didn't think it would happen!! I have 3 of the 4 concieved on some sort of BC so I decided tubal it is.... well apparently that was not the answer either! 
  • Options
    I was actually in the ER last night with severe cramping. I wouldn't normally run off to the ER, but I felt terrible- like pass out from the pain terrible. I wasn't able to get a scan, and I eventually felt better so I just left. But certainly calling the OB this morning.

I understand some cramping is normal, similar to period cramps. This wasn't that. 
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Options
    Yay! I'm so happy/relieved for you!!!!
  • Options
    @molly1108-2 Hooray...is it a corpus luteum cyst?  I had that and it was nagging me until 7 weeks.  And if it is a CLS then you know your baby is getting what it needs :)
  • Options
    @molly1108-2 I'm so relieved for you!! Yay!!
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Options
    Yay, so glad baby is ok!
  • Options
    Such good news! But sorry about the cyst.

@jackeyleigh, that is really scary. I'm sure this has been emotional so far. Don't even know what bc you can use!!
  • Options
    At least the pain is not baby related!! Hope that goes away quickly and your little one grows strong and healthy!! 
  • Options
    @justsuzie, she said it was on my ovary but not much else. I was so happy it wasn't anything worse, I didn't ask a lot of questions!
  • Options
    Awesome news!!! So glad little one is doing well! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @Molly1028 A CLS is usually on the follicle from ovary that egg was released. Totally a good thing!