November 2017 Moms
Options

Not sure about your O.B.

Hello, I'm 34weeks and 3 days and I'm not quite sure my ob is right for me.  I feel like I always ask her the same question over and over again and she's not really feeling or getting my point of why?  My last two pregnancies I was placed on bed rest at five minutes because my cervix was thinning  too fast .  I expressed my concerns about my cervix to her and asked her I would like to be checked with a physical exam on my cervix but she told me and reply I won't touch you down there .  She told me that it's not normal to check cervix at 32 weeks that's too soon so I waited and I Aster when I was 33 weeks and still she said I can do it but I don't recommend doing it . She told me that my cervix looks fine going off of my last ultrasound which was months ago so I'm an easy can't sleep frustrated and not sure if I should change my OB . I have my next appointment for 35 weeks coming up this Wednesday, October 4 and recently found out that my doctor will not be in office for the last two weeks of October which my due date is November 4 when was she going to tell me ? 

Please if anyone could give me some advice should I change my OB I feel like she doesn't give me the trust that I had before with my previous doctor and it's putting me on edge 

Re: Not sure about your O.B.

• Options
    @nascarmom32 I'm really sorry that your OB isn't listening to you. Are there other doctors at the same practice that you can switch to? That might be an easier switch than totally changing practices at this point in your pregnancy. I hope there is another doctor there because someone needs to be there during those two weeks she will be out of the office right before your due date! Whether you stay with her or switch to someone else, you need to insist on a cervical exam. Don't let them bully you or convince you out of it; don't leave your next appointment without getting checked. It seems like they are not understanding that you have a history of cervical issues. It doesn't matter if it's "not normal to check the cervix at 32 weeks" -- you do not have a "normal" history and you need to be treated accordingly.
  • Options
    Insist on getting the care you need. If you can't change OB's, push for the care you need and ask her pointedly if she looked at your file for your previous pregnancies. Sometimes you really have to be a pushy advocate for your own care. I would also get any and all copies of your medical records just to have on hand if you decide to change practices.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with these 2 ladies. You need to be proactive. Before getting pregnant I asked my OB multiple times to check my uterus/cervix because I had surgery on them a few years back. They kept telling me at my paps that they looked normal. But that my surgery wasn't a thing and they didn't understand why I would have gotten anything done. I had to advocate and get my results from my previous OB (we were in a different state so I couldn't go back to him) and that's when they finally listened and answered all the questions I had. I made sure when I got pregnant (new OB, new state) that they were aware of it and brought in the records in person. Weirdly I'm not high risk but they had all the information to make the correct decision than the previous OB.