February 2018 Moms
Options

Friday Ticker Change | 9.22

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?   

2) How are you feeling? 

3) Any appointments this week/last?    

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? 

5) GTKY: What's the worst or best advice you've gotten this pregnancy?

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: Friday Ticker Change | 9.22

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?   19 weeks, mango

2) How are you feeling? Overall OK. I think I'm just used to the runny nose, and I think my mold allergy is kicking in so I'm sneezing a lot.

3) Any appointments this week/last?    Nope.

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm going to see my best friend's new baby girl tomorrow! I've got sleep sacks and onesies for her, and an extra set of hands for her parents.

5) GTKY: What's the worst or best advice you've gotten this pregnancy? The best I've gotten from the ladies of TB, telling me you do what you gotta do and don't worry about what everyone else does. If it works, go for it. The worst is probably stuff everyone has heard, like "Get sleep now," like I can store it up for future use. As we get closer to our due dates there may be more fodder for a "Terrible advice" thread.

TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?   19 weeks, a mango or heirloom tomato

2) How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good. The worst symptom I have is exhaustion. 

3) Any appointments this week/last?  Had an appointment on Monday and everything looked good :) 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Is anyone using a post-partum doula or night nurse? Any idea when would be a good time to start looking or even where to start looking??

5) GTKY: What's the worst or best advice you've gotten this pregnancy? Totally agree with @eggplantface The best advice I've gotten is from you you ladies on TB! The most annoying advice I've gotten is from my aunt. Even though she's never had kids, she felt it was appropriate to tell me all of the things I "NEED" for a nursery and "the best" places to buy them. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    20 weeks- as long as a banana or  the size of a small coconut   

2) How are you feeling? 

Ok- heartburn continues and I'm starting to feel the extra weight on my joints. Otherwise feeling good 

Anatomy scan-- got to see my baby BOY! All looks well and healthy- he flips and kicks and even was giving a thumbs up during the ultrasound  :)

Half way point means it's time to seriously start thinking about childcare and whether or not I'll return to work full time. I'm lucky that my husband and I can probbbbably swing it financially (with some budgeting and cut backs) if I don't return to work. But I'd like to shoot for part time work , to maintain some income- so now I just need to get my company to agree. Ugh, not looking forward to this part. Any moms have experience pitching a job change to a boss?

Best advice was to keep moving, stay active and try to do a lot of stretching. I've been pretty active through this trimester and I'm glad- as I get further along it's hard to keep up with my old activity level, but I'm happy I took the advice 

• Options
    19 weeks! Size of a mango!   

2) How are you feeling? 

I've been more sore. I've been fairly lucky with symptoms (besides nausea) for the most part but lately my back and pelvis have been pretty sore! I'm guessing It's because baby is growing quicker now 

Regular doctor check up yesterday. Baby's heart rate was 165 and everything seems great! Ultrasound this Thursday!! I can't wait to see the baby again! It's been about 8 weeks!

I think this might be my pregnancy or Mommy brain but I cannot think of any other advice besides what you ladies have told me!! 

• Options
    19 weeks -  size of a gameboy

2) How are you feeling? 

I'm in a decent amount of pain today  I don't know if it's my 3&4 year old class I have on Fridays or if Squish is just in love with my sciatic but I'm laying down praying for Tylenol  

Anatomy scan was Monday  

Sciatic nerve and lightning crotch  hadn't made an appearance in my other pregnancies. I was not jealous. I don't like this feeling.

Not many people know, so I haven't gotten advice this time around. Except the coffee comments today. Some of these old wives tales or just old ass "science" advice piss me off. Maybe it's the rural, southern area I'm in but eyerolls galore. "Caffeine is horrible for you and baby." Okay. Sure. Tell me more. As I sip my coffee. You can't do *that* and breastfeed. 

• Options
    19 weeks! Hedgehog or mango

2) How are you feeling? 

Real good :)

None

I'm getting better about dealing with people's comments and questions. I live in a small town so it feels like it's everyones business. Thumbs up for no belly grabs this week, and yoga keeps me sane!

No advice really, people just like to comment on my size, and everyone has a different opinion on if in too big or small for how far along I am. 

• Options
    @libbodee yes! I'm not getting Tons of advice but I AM finding that everyone thinks it's totally acceptable to comment on my size, weight gain, general shape, physical appearance, and demeanor. It's incredible that my pregnancy somehow permits people to comment on things they'd NEVER otherwise have opinions about out Loud. If 6 months ago a coworker said to me "your belly is getting huge!" It'd be an issue for HR. Today it spurs on a convo where everyone else joins in-- wtf?! I'm so confused by this phenomenon 
  • Options
    @wal2017 I don't understand why people just automatically think pregnant women's appearance is free game to talk about! People just feel compelled to comment and they somehow never realize how inappropriate it is! 
    I wish I was one of those women who just had those clever comebacks in my back pocket! 
  • Options
    @wal2017 YES! To all of this!!! YES.
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?   20 weeks (+2 today).  Paper airplane

2) How are you feeling? I'm ok.  I'm getting to the point where my bladder is sensitive/starting to be irritable if I let it get too full.  Hence peeing all the time.  Been super thirsty with this random late September heat wave.

3) Any appointments this week/last?    I have my anatomy scan / 20 week appt on Tuesday.  Can't wait!

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm hoping baby isn't shy at our anatomy scan, since I've preemptively scheduled a small little gender reveal for next Saturday.

5) GTKY: What's the worst or best advice you've gotten this pregnancy?  Since this is my second pregnancy, I've literally gotten zero advice.  Not complaining  :D

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Megzb510

Missed you! Glad to hear things are going well! My anatomy scan is next week and I'm so anxious to see him again!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?   19 wks Mango

2) How are you feeling?  Pretty good overall, just minor aches and peeing constantly. Plus the lovely "let down" sensation my boobs keep giving me... 

3) Any appointments this week/last?    Yes, tomorrow (Tuesday) is our anatomy scan. We'll also find out the gender if baby cooperates. I'll also find out if the fibroid grew any... if it'll cause any issues etc. 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  I agree with the other ladies that commented on how odd it is that everyone feels entitled to comment on a pregnant woman's body etc... I have been getting a lot of that also. My step-mom (hasn't seen me since July) saw me Sunday and said "YOU'RE HUGE!!!!!" I was like... ummmm... thanks?!?! ha She just doesn't think before she speaks... like ever... I just laughed it off. 

5) GTKY: What's the worst or best advice you've gotten this pregnancy?  I don't really get advice since this is our 3rd... The cool thing about this being my third is that I have figured some things out that I didn't know I'd want/need etc. Those items are:

1. My mom will be spending the night with me in the hospital (as long as I am there). DH is GREAT during the day but the man is a sound sleeper. It is pointless to wake him up from a deep sleep because he is a walking zombie. So the last two kiddos, I was up by myself, emotional, and just in general a mess. My mom will be a huge help and will wake up immediately/be alert when needed. Plus she was thrilled to be able to stay with me. DH will go home with our two boys and then be back during the days to help out. 

2. After coming home from the hospital. I am going to spend an ENTIRE day in bed with the new baby near me (bassinet). DH will bring me food etc. I will sleep when the baby sleeps and not entertain guests. I will ask that we have no visitors that first day (possibly 2 days) and send my boys to my parents house for the day and night. I let myself get pulled into the new mom activity and people came to visit. Even though I was sitting on the couch, I was exhausted. I didn't know what I needed or how to ask for it. Now I do. I needed rest. I didn't sleep much at all in the hospital at night and people were visiting during the day. Then we got home and I just let myself get too worn out. I was hardly able to function. Plus, when I brought home the boys, I wanted to bond with them, hold them, feed them... and when people visited all they wanted to do was hold them. It made me an irritable mess and it was not helpful. 

• Options
    @neener*neener* yessssssssss such good tips there. I know I was so exhausted after my first birth. We are lucky to not have tons family/friends who would want to visit but I love your plan to rest and stay in bed. Also knowing your husbands limits of being a deep sleeper is important. My husband is the same. I am debating how to handle time in the hospital and whether to send my husband home.  Since I'm a RCS I think I will just send him home. He can't really help me establish breastfeeding and wouldn't wake in the middle of the night anyways. So he might as well be well rested from sleeping in his own bed. I've seen the area hospitals restrict sibling visits if cold/flu season gets bad so that's my only worry. I will be busting out ASAP is DS isn't able to visit. I won't go 2-3 days without seeing him. 

@eggplantface thanks for the welcome back! I've missed TB!
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker