June 2017 Moms

Baby wraps & carriers

JennMof3JennMof3 member
edited August 2017 in June 2017 Moms
Does anyone have a Didymos? I've heard good things but never tried one. I have an ergo and I don't love it.  What baby carrier/wrap do you have and love?  I'm thinking I need to baby wear because my two-year-old is crazy busy! 

Re: Baby wraps & carriers

• I used a Didymos with my first. I really loved it for at home use, but when using it in public it was hard to start wrapping the baby and not have it touching the ground at some point. I am not a fan of the Ergo either. I have only used it a handful of times. I have a K'tan wrap this time and so far I love it, and use it every single day. I like that I can use it in public without it dragging along the ground while wrapping the baby. The only drawback is that DH can't use it because it isn't his size.
  • I have a k'tan and have never been able to get it to fit so I feel secure. I have an Ergo and am waiting on the baby to get some better neck control b/c she still wobbles a lot even with the infant insert. I feel like a baby wearing failure right now so I just bought the Joovy double stroller. It's pretty awesome and about half the price of the City Mini.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a k'tan active and it has been awesome so far.  The only complaint is that there is no neck support really since my baby girl likes to stick her head up and look around.  So if I bend over I have to use one hand to hold her head.  I also have a boba 3g carrier and I used that all the time when my other DD was little.  I am planning on using it again once this one hits 15 lbs.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • I'm using an Infantino Upscale. I like it and it works well, but I don't love it. The straps are super comfy, and it distributes the weight to my hips well. I don't love it because the fabric tends to collect dust easily. Additionally, I would ultimately like more features like being able to forward-face (technically, you can with the upscale, but it's a "crotch dangler" in that position. I do it with my 2.5-month-old daughter because she's small enough it supports her well enough in the correct ergonomic position, but I won't be able to do it once she's older). 

I'd ultimately like a lillebaby all-seasons or an ergo, but got the infantino because it was inexpensive. 
  • I have an old school baby Bjorn that I use when I'm going to be getting in and out of the car for shopping. I use my boba wrap for around the house. I use my ergo 360 for longer outings and then I borrow my friends hiking backpack for really long term or active days!
  • Like, @neludelu DH and I use a Bjorn for most quick outings and sometimes in the house, too, because it's quick and easy to put on. It just wreaks havoc on your lower back. I also have a Moby, which has more support for your back, and I usually just use it at home for the same reason @doodleoodle mentioned about the k'tan dragging on the ground when you're wrapping. I've heard nothing but great things about the Ergo360, but it seems everyone has their own reasons for why each carrier is the best.

They have a local baby items store near where I live where you can try on baby carriers for free to see how you like them. Maybe there is something like that near you?

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• I have a Moby wrap, an Infantino 360 (at least I think that is what it is called), and a standard Tula. The Tula is by far my favorite. I'm using the Infantino lately because the Moby is too warm to wear in the summer. The Infantino is only comfortable for me to 15 lbs max, and then it starts to make my leg go numb, and I get lower back pain. I have worn my Tula to a festival and my feet were what got tired first. I haven't had the Moby for long, but it does have good lower back support, but is a bit of a pain to wrap in public, and like pp said, it often ends up on the ground in spite of my best efforts. 
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • I have a K'tan and an infantino and use them both.  I feel like the K'tan is best for newborns.
  • I have a moby and a Boba 4G. At first I hated both, but that was because my DD was too little (she was 6.12 lbs at birth), once she was over the 7 lb mark, the moby was awesome! However, it was primarily worn around the house because as others have mentioned, it is a pain to wrap in public and avoid dragging on the ground. When I went to the grocery store with her, I would just wrap it beforehand at home and stuff her in it in the parking lot, lol. Now that she's a bit sturdier at 11 lbs we love the Boba 4G! I love the cell phone pocket and cushioned straps. I don't really use the moby anymore because it's too cumbersome to put on. 
  • **lurking** For everyone with a Moby. I just wrap mine before we leave the house if I know I'm for sure going to wear the baby in it. I never get dirty tails and it's nice having it ready as soon as I need it. I love the moby still, my LO is 7 months old and weighs over 20 lbs now. I'm currently looking into a lillebaby 6-in-1 complete to transition to because although I love the wrap, I think moving to a ssc that has so many carry positions makes the most sense for me now.
    Pregnancy Ticker