January 2018 Moms

MoMs (Mothers of Multiples) weekly check-in - 9/19

A check in for the expecting Mom's of Multiples and those of us who have Multiples, so we can answer any questions about a multiples pregnancy, etc! 

How far along are you? What size are the babies?

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? 

How are you feeling? 

What rants/raves/questions/advice? 

QOTW: How are your parents/in-laws handling/reacting to your pregnancy? Is the the first/fifth grandchild, etc? 

Re: MoMs (Mothers of Multiples) weekly check-in - 9/19

• caseyw8784caseyw8784 member
    edited September 2017
    How far along are you? What size are the babies? 21w5d with b/g di/di twins! They're about the size of a cantelope or baseball cap.

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Anatomy scan #2 was yesterday, and boy, it was painful! Baby A (the boy) was actually cooperating (and we got a great profile pic of him!) but he was also sitting on his sister;s face and was squishing it into my back/spine, so the US tech was like, digging into my abdomen with the wand to try to get the right angle and to get her to move. She was being stubborn and wouldn't move so i get to go back in 2 weeks to see if she's moved by then so they can finally check off the boxes like "yes. baby has 2 eye sockets" and "baby has a nose" on the ultrasound checklist...haha

They also gave me the bottle of orange "juice" to drink at the appointment they scheduled in 4 weeks. Yay sugar. I've been dreading this drink (when i was a kid i had some issues with my GI track and i remember how nasty drinking that chalky drink was and how it would actually make me sick so I was worried that this drink would be similar) but a few of my college friends who are pregnant said that it tasted like flat orange soda or kool-aid, so i'm not as worried about it as much. 

How are you feeling?  TIRED! omg, i feel like i'm back in the late 1st tri/early 2nd tri with how exhausted i've been the last few days! 

Question: can i put the glucose drink in the fridge and drink it cold? or should i keep it at room temp?
    Rant: Did anyone else read that Toys R Us (and by extension) Babies R Us filed for Chapter 11 last night? I'm now glad that we chose BuyBuyBaby for the registry and not BRU! But I hope if i get any gifts that come from there (since they're usually a bit cheaper for the same item than BBB) if it's anything we want to return that we will have time before the stores close (if they close!) :anguished:

QOTW: How are your parents/in-laws handling/reacting to your pregnancy? Is the the first/fifth grandchild, etc? On my side, I'm an only child so the twins are the first (and more than likely the only) grandbabies for my parents. My mom is that silly overjoyed grandma-to-be who is going to spoil them rotten, but she also knows her boundaries. My in-laws, on the other hand, I know are very excited as well (MIL got all misty eyed when we told them) but their extended family doesn't really talk much about babies before they are born, in case they "jinx" it and something bad happens. (Old-country Jewish superstitions, according to DH lol)...so they haven't really talked much about it. They have said that they will come up for a week or two (coordinating with my parents) to stay and help out once the babies are home, but not much else. DH's sister and cousins don't believe in baby showers, so no one on that side is hosting anything (which is completely fine - it's just completely culturally different than what i grew up with!) They already have 2 granddaughters so this will be the first grandson, and I know that FIL is secretly very happy that they family name will be passed down to the next generation (DH only has 2 sisters, no brothers)

ETA: words are hard.

• How far along are you? What size are the babies?

Im 15wks4d with b/g di/di twins! They are the size of oranges or hass avocados!

ob appointment on Thursday for cervical length check ultrasound. I will check back after this appointment to update. 

How are you feeling? 

i was starting to feel pretty good until a few days ago when i started waking up in the middle of the night and not falling asleep until its about time to get up.

none at moment 

QOTW: How are your parents/in-laws handling/reacting to your pregnancy? Is the the first/fifth grandchild, etc? 

i come from a big family so there are many grands and great grands on my side. My mom passed away back in 2015 so she will only be here is spirit for these grands. Im sure she would have been thrilled. There are several on his side as well. This will be my mother-in-laws 11th and 12th grandkids. They are happy and cant wait to meet them.

@caseyw8784 yes you can put the glucose drink in the fridge! They actually keep it in a fridge at the lab. No i didnt hear that,but i hope not because they give a multiples discount if you buy 2 of the same thing at 100.00 or more. I mean its only 10% but if you get them while they are on sale as well its even better.. im dreading the awful glucose test!! I guess at least you will get to see the twins more so thats a + !!
  • Loading the player...
    23 weeks , they are the size of grapefruits. Mo/Di boys

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? None this week last Friday the U/S went great ! Boys are sharing my placenta nicely !! 

How are you feeling? 

I am ti the point now where a half day is about max for me before I am exhausted , and my back feels like it's going to explode . So I know my limits which is good . I get stuff done in the morning and relax in the afternoon so I don't over do it . ( not my personality at all) 

I wosh i sh I had a maid and a dinner fairy who showed up every day :) haha 

first set of twins in the family , total surprise . My older sister did ivf and implanted 2 eggs, 2 separate times and finally got her one sweet baby boy so we were all expecting her to have the twins . These will make 8 grandkids for my parents, oldest turns 9 in December which is think it awesome!! And it makes number 4 and 5 for the  in laws . My sil kids are 15 and 13, and DD is 18 months so spread apart 
  • @caseyw8784 my U/S before this last one was the same way !! She couldn't get Baby B's heart very well, they are sitting right and left , not front and back like yours , but she had it shoved way into my side trying to see his heart and he was kicking the crap out of the other side probably thinking what the heck is going on ?!? It was totally painful! We have their echocardiograms on the 26th so hopefully he turns sunny side up for easy reading lol I posted a picture because they get so lopsided it's funny
  • Oh I love it!! Mine are lopsided too @ecolton01
    @caseyw8784,I felt the same when I heard about it today! Hoping to get discounts more so now..

How far along are you? What size are the babies? 24 weeks tomorrow with di/di girls! Barbie dolls (fitting) and grapefruits! 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Last friday! It went great, they're measuring 1lb3oz and 1lb5oz! 

How are you feeling? Exhausted, flash backs of the first tri are coming around lol tonight I'm on the couch with headphones on my belly writing you girls while DH makes supper. I'm hurting all over, swollen, and the girls have pushed my belly for the past 3hrs :s 

What rants/raves/questions/advice? How are nurseries coming?? Anyone getting nervous at all?? I'm nauseous just thinking about it. Dec will be here before you know it!

QOTW: How are your parents/in-laws handling/reacting to your pregnancy? Is the the first/fifth grandchild, etc? This is my dad's first grandchild(grandchildren) and it makes me so happy when I see him gushing about it! Mom has a total of 3 grand boys on her side but elated it's girls. My in-laws are equally ecstatic but don t show it much.. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    24w6d - Babies are the size of a Garden Eggplant
    Nothing this week - we do go meet the pediatrician tomorrow morning. Had an appointment with the MFM last week - went well - things look good for both babies. Baby B's femur was measuring a little small but she said it easily could have been the positioning - they will keep an eye on it.  Baby A (boy) was 1lb 4oz and Baby B (girl) was 1lb 7oz

How are you feeling? 
    pretty good all things considered.. I get tried easily now, my feet swell and my DH panics.. feeling extremely overwhelmed with all the things that have to happen between now and arrival.

I am registered with Babies R us so I slightly freaked out when I saw the Chapter 11 announcement. However, everything I've read says nothing will change, so fingers crossed that is the case. the BuyBuyBaby here is not very good / big so I'm hoping I don't have to switch things over...

Parents - I complained about my mom in the MBF... She's extremely excited though, these are her first Grandkids - my sister is due in January so she's getting 3 in a very short period of time. My Dad is excited, but he has a very different way of showing it. My in-laws have 1 biological grandson and 2 step grandkids but they are extremely excited about these two - my husband is their oldest and they very obviously adore him (I mean, come on, who wouldn't?! ;) ) They are talking about moving down to be near us so they can be here for the babies growing up... I would love this. I love having family nearby.

@caseyw8784 they also gave me the orange drink when I left my last appointment. My doctor said "Put it in the fridge, it will taste a little better.." so I did.
  • thanks for all the tips with the orange drink!

@ecolton01 @britmanering73 - i took a pic on my bump looking down this morning when i took my pic for hdbd, and it's a little lopsided too! it's so weird....hahah! :lol:
    18w5d Mo/di boys the size of artichokes
    first MFM appt was last monday at 17w2d. no signs of TTTS so good news. boys measured 8oz and 7oz. I have an anterior placenta that looked "low" but he wasn't worried cause I haven't had any bleeding. 
    How are you feeling? 
    energy is very normal but i'm sooooo bloated all the time, esp between lunch and like 3am. i can feel my skin stretching and my back hurts by the end of the day. need to do more yoga asap. 
    when did you first feel your twins move? they said I might not feel them for a while bc of the anterior placenta, i keep feeling stuff that is probably just my stomach and wondering whats going on in there....
    FTM here, and first grandchildren on both sides! my mom is really excited but my MIL is totally freaking out, we are her only shot at grandchildren. 
  • UPDATE! My cervix length was good from what they said. (4.2-4.3) I got to see the babes. Baby A was not wanting to be seen today ,but baby B  said look at me. Heartrates were 152=baby A, 157=baby B
  • @seltzerinstead ive been feeling them move since 10-11weeks.  Its like little flutters in your stomach. 
  • Hey y'all! I'm slow to check in, but also slow to keep up with anything.

I'm 25 weeks, 4 days. I have a couple rutabagas!

I went in on Tuesday to get my bile acid levels checked, because the soles of my feet have become really itchy, especially at night. So cholestasis is a concern. Hopefully we can rule it out (waiting on results).

I think they've been going through a growth spurt. I'm feeling extra sore, and round ligament pain is flaring up more often. They're also moving a lot more, which is fun! I can't believe that, as big as I am, I'm going to keep getting bigger. Strangers keep asking me if it's almost time. No, no it's not.

After next week, I'm going to a part time schedule at work for the month of October, then going on leave the first full week in Nov. I'm so tired, and ready to wind down work stuff.

@seltzerinstead I started feeling movement just recently, around 22-23 weeks. I also have an anterior placenta. Just flutters at first. By now, I can see my belly jump from some of the kicks! If I rest my hand on my belly, they sometimes try to kick it, like they don't want the weight on them! I expect these are going to be two very willful little girls.

These are the first grandchildren for my parents, who are over the moon! When they found out I was pregnant, they started coming to my house when we were at work to do random yard work and stuff, so eager to start helping!
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)