November 2017 Moms
Options

Fitness Fridays - 9/22

Hi Ladies!

Sorry for missing last week.  Work has been crazy busy.  And, admittedly, it's taken a toll on my workout routine.  I've been putting in a lot of extra hours at work lately and sacrificing my morning workouts for extra sleep.  This week I managed to squeeze in 3 mini/booty-band workouts.  They're all short (15-20mins) but they really pack a punch.  My legs are really sore the next day! 

The other contributing factor to my workout-free life these days is a tumble down the stairs I took at my grandmother's house two weeks ago.  I managed to catch myself after falling 5-6 steps, so not the full set of stairs (as is my usual bad habit).  No bruising, no tailbone issue, baby's fine.  But while my right arm was grasping for the bannister to stop my fall, my left arm went flailing and got caught on the top landing of the stairs.  I wrenched it pretty badly.  I have not been able to do much weight bearing with it since, and definitely did not help matters by having to haul my weekender bags around the airport last weekend when I traveled to my shower.  Doctor's orders no yoga or other upper body weight training on my left arm for a while until the pain and popping recede.  I'm hoping to get in some nice hikes this weekend with the dog and my husband.  The weather in Maine is supposed to be beautiful!

How have your workouts been?   Keeping active?

Re: Fitness Fridays - 9/22

• Options
    Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about your fall, @curiousfool1! Good for you getting any workouts in at all with the pain your arm must be in.

I've been going to yoga classes about twice a week and going for walks almost every day. I'm going to yoga this evening and tomorrow morning, which will put me at 3 classes this week, yay.