February 2018 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change 9/21

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?   

2) How are you feeling? 

3) Any appointments this week/last?    

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? 

5)GTKY: What's the worst or best advice you've gotten this pregnancy?    

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 9/21

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby?   21 weeks! Size of an endive or baseball hat. I feel like those are 2 totally different sized things... 

2) How are you feeling? Pretty darn good! 

3) Any appointments this week/last?  Yes! Good monthly check up, good looking anatomy scan, bad 1 hour glucose draw... gotta go back for the 3 hour next week :-( Sooooo not looking forward to that one.

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  Not really. 

5)GTKY: What's the worst or best advice you've gotten this pregnancy?  One of my coworkers peppered me and another mom to be with a TON of advice that was more annoying because we didn't ask for it, lol... But he mentioned the 5 S's like 3 times, though I can't remember what they are now. Swaddle, sway, something something something. 

• Options
    19 weeks, a mango   

2) How are you feeling? 

Depends on the days.  More good than bad, but still pretty nauseous some days.

Triple screen this past Monday.  So tired they checked my thyroid too.  That already came back as normal.  So living with exhaustion.

Thanks for the birthday wishes last week.  Rave this week - I'm having a siblings weekend with my sister, two half-sisters, and half-brother.  Fun.  We're doing one of those breakout rooms.  I don't get to see them very often so super excited.

None yet.  Well, my mom said to power through my exhaustion.  That made me pretty mad.  I told her there are days I was powering through my day at work, but was only there so I didn't start giving myself permission to not go to work.  And there are some days I stay at work because I'm too tired to drive home.  I guess that turned into a rant...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

19 weeks! Mango, heirloom tomato, or a zesty zucchini haha!

2) How are you feeling? Pretty good. Bump is finally showing, and people are noticing! 

3) Any appointments this week/last? Last Tuesday was a regular check-up, and next Thursday is AS! Excited for that one.

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  Almost done baby registry (I think!). Feeling baby more, and sometimes at night, I feel more pressure down in the nether regions.

5)GTKY: What's the worst or best advice you've gotten this pregnancy?  I don't think I've gotten much advice, but to enjoy being pregnant!

@clc515 - ah the dreaded glucose test! When did you do yours? I haven't scheduled mine yet.

• Options
    @olitwinturbosnprincess How fun to go to one of those breakout rooms! Let us know how it is :-) Sorry about your mom too. Maybe it's been so long she doesn't remember how awesomely tired we get.

@jennifer_m21 Did the 1 hour on Monday - because I'm over a certain weight, insurance wants it done sooner rather than later (otherwise they'd have waited til 28 or 30 weeks I think). Got the results the next day at least, but I can't schedule the 3 hour until next week. I am like... okay so do I binge on sugary food now while I can remain "blissfully ignorant", or do I do my best to eat REALLY WELL this week and pray to god I pass my 3 hour. Not sure if it even works like that, haha. 
  • Options
    @jennifer_m21  Happy Birthday to my fellow Virgo.

@clc515  Well, she also has a hard time relating.  My sister and I were quiet, low key kids.  My twins have ADHD.  The opposite of quiet and low key.  I say they are like those little rubber bouncy balls that have been bounced with all your strength.  They are great, but they wear me out during my most energetic of times.  
  • Options
    @olitwinturbosnprincess - thank you! Is breakout room like Escape the Room? If so, I did it with a bunch of friends, and loved it! 

@clc515 - good luck with the test!
  • Options
    @jennifer_m21  Yep, same thing.
  • Options
    diesel11111diesel11111 member
    edited September 2017
    @clc515  Swaddle, swing, shush, suck, stomach/side - and yes! Doesn't work for all babies but was a life saver for my DS when he was a newborn. It's from the "happiest baby on the block" or something like that. 
  • Options

18 weeks - artichoke   

2) How are you feeling? 

Pretty good - except for insomnia which could be the pregnancy or a teething 1 year old.

Next Wednesday is our anatomy scan and I cannot wait to find out what we are having!! 

Although this is my second baby it's my first pregnancy and one of my coworkers just loves to ask me questions and then "just wait and you'll see" or "now that you're actually pregnant just wait". It's so annoying - like let me just experience it!

i was told (by said coworker) that it's sad I'm probably going to have a boy because a lot of my friends are pregnant with boys so that means we'll have one. Like ummm what!?!?

• Options
    mblomq2mblomq2 member
    edited September 2017
    And for some reason the app deleted most of my commentary... so hi everyone! I'm halfway now woo hoo! Had the 20 week scan yesterday, all is good. Doing registry and sheer stuff, that's neat. Finally starting to feel some kicking which I've been really looking forward to. Hope all is well with you.
  • Options
    @diesel11111 Soooo the sex of kid works the same as getting on the same time of month cycle when women hang out? If I knew it worked like that...... lol SMH.  Also I've actively tried not telling one particular friend much because she is very much the "oh you'll see" or "when I was pregnant it went like THIS" one uppmanship. No fun.

@mblomq2 Yay for a good scan! Such a relief right? 

@olitwinturbosnprincess Aah that makes sense. Funny how kids can be sooooo different!