December 2017 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change 09/20

1) How far along are you
? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) Have you settled on baby's name? How is the nursery coming along?

4) Any appointments this week/last?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: Who is someone you follow in Social Media that you look forward to their posts daily? Has that changed since becoming pregnant?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 09/20

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 29 weeks, acorn squash

2) How are you feeling? Feeling great this week and sleeping better

Beverly Ann! Nursery is coming along but we decided to return the dresser because it looked like a nightmare to assemble. DH said he'd rather pay extra to buy one that's already put together. Other than that, we have the crib, changing table, glider, and a small bookshelf. Just need to fill the room with stuff and decor and we're in business.

4) Any appointments this week/last? Nope, not one until the first week of Oct.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant.. today was very fall-y outside so I put on my favorite pair of booties and they were so tight lol. I've been wearing sandals pretty much everyday for the last few months so I didn't realize my feet had gotten any bigger.

6) GTKY: Who is someone you follow in Social Media that you look forward to their posts daily? Has that changed since becoming pregnant? 
    Hmm not sure. As far as celebrities go, I love Daphne Oz from the Chew. She's pregnant with baby#3 and due around the same time as me/us, so it's fun to see her posts and see where she's at.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    27 weeks. Size of a Fennec Fox!
    2) How are you feeling?
    Great.
    No- we have some top runners (DH has decided but I don't want to commit yet) Nursery is great. We got it painted, crib and dresser assembled.
    No. Next Tuesday I have my glucose test and they will re-check my placenta. Fingers Crossed that it has moved up!  
    Not really a rant or a rave- but for the first time I saw someone do a double take at my belly. Like they were trying to decide if I was preggo. haha. Wahoo I guess it's starting to get noticeable haha.
    Not really anyone in particular. Family and friends... and hasn't changed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @balletnerd I had no idea week 27 was a fennec fox! That seems much more relatable than a head of lettuce.

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 
    29 weeks, size of a Care Bear

2) How are you feeling?
    Went to sleep with back pain and woke up without, so that's a huge win in my book. I caulked some crown moulding a couple days ago and getting up and down the ladder really did a number on whatever muscle is inside my knees. 

We both like Thatcher, but are keeping it a secret and telling people "LeBron James, Jr." and "Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Jr." Trip to Ikea tomorrow to get some drawer organization and bookshelves. 

Had my glucose test on Monday. They haven't called yet, so I'm assuming all systems are go. It's going to be weird seeing the doc/midwife every other week now. 

Rave - I dropped the caulking gun off the aforementioned ladder and hubby came running to make sure I was ok. First time he's rushed to help me when I make a loud noise. 
    Rant - I tried to give myself a pedicure yesterday and it seems I can no longer reach my toes comfortably. 

This is the only social media I take part in, so I can't really comment. 
  • Options
    @peachy13 I didnt know daphne oz was KU again! I used to watch the chew but we can't get that channel anymore. 
    @balletnerd Fx for your placenta too!!

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 
    28 weeks - eggplant, 1lb of wings? That one seems weird since she should def be more than 1lb right now!

2) How are you feeling?
    Good, tired. The usual haha. My vag is perpetually swollen, though epsom salt baths seem to help, which DH hates because they use so much water. I might invest in a sitz bath, any idea where to get one? 

I have a list but DH doesn't like any of them, but I can't get them out of my head. 
    Lynn, Lou, Louisa, Katrin, Jo
    There is no nursery to be spoken of yet haha, though we are planning on setting it up within our room anyway

Midwife last week, already reported on that lol nothing else for 2 more weeks

I just wish DH would take picking a name seriously, I mean we're 3rd tri now, she *technically* could come any day! 
    I am extra excited to be 28 weeks because that is my personal "viability" cut off. Up until this point I probably would not have resuscitated the baby should she have come early, but now I would. So that's a big milestone for me!

Chontel Duncan is a personal trainer/gym owner in Australia who is currently 39 weeks pregnant. She's been in the news because she has abs while pregnant. I follow her Snapchat and she's actually a pretty cool person and I can't wait to see her new babe! I also thoroughly enjoy Chrissy Teigen's posts. She's awesome!
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 27 weeks!

2) How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good. No complaints this week.

Yes, baby girl will be Nora. No nursery for her just yet. She'll bunk with us in the rock n play / pack and play for a while and we are likely going to be moving closer to family this spring/summer.

4) Any appointments this week/last? Nope. 1 hour GD test next week though.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Just super excited that we agreed on a name. A little bummed that it required me to compromise on the spelling, but after we moved on from Nora/h I just couldn't picture her as anything else so I knew that I'd rather have the no "h" spelling than something entirely different. Also, MN is going to be Jean so I am a little nervous about the similarity to a certain pop culture icon but whatevs. 

Someone randomly told me that DS looked like he could have been a 4th to a group of triplets on IG  and I started following her - I think it's Little Owens Family or something like that? They're about the same age (mine is 18 months) and she's super real about parenthood and reminds me that I have it way easier with just one lol. 

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 26 weeks, Kale...?

2) How are you feeling? No complaints at the moment!

I *think* so ... but I can't really really commit until I meet this babe. I'll refer anyone to last week's post lol - nursery is full of kitchen cabinets to be installed. Good news - hardwood floors going into the kitchen this weekend! I did do some carseat research since we'll be attempting to fit three in the back seat of my Subaru Outback, and made a "registry" on Target.com. I'm not having a baby shower, it's really just a collection of the few items I do need (so I can get a little discount on them), and I'll probably send it to my mom or anyone else who asks if there's anything I need. So for now that's as far as my nursery can really progress.

4) Any appointments this week/last? None until 10/4

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? My coworker came into my office this morning and said "you're really getting big" ... Why? WHY? It has never once crossed my mind to tell someone who is pregnant that they look big (friend, enemy, coworker, family etc). On the homefront, and a happier note - DS has made some real strides in the potty training world this week and I'm hoping a 3 day intensive this coming weekend and we'll be just about ready to leave diapers behind [for this kid anyways].

I've been following Birthfit, I discovered them through Steph Gaudreau's Women's Strength Summit this past spring and they have a lot of great blogs on pregnancy and workouts for moms to be. Really an cool organization overall.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 29 weeks. 10 weeks left, which is totally freaking me out.

2) How are you feeling? Not bad.  I have a good work thing going with Sun-Tuesday and then Thursday so I sleep pretty much all Wednesday, after I put my kid on the bus.

Still going with 'Poor Nameless Baby'.  We are making zero progress.  :(  The nursery is together in my mind.  Now just need to do some scrubbing and get DH to do some furniture moving to get there.

4) Any appointments this week/last? Last Thursday I had my rhogham shot, flu shot and dTap shot all in my appt.  I had a bad reaction to the dTap so my left arm is just finally getting down to normal size again after a week.  Hoping next week's appt is a little less exciting.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? My dog just started an antibiotic from scratching himself.  I was gone 3 hours today and he had peed all over the floor by the time I got home.  He also had to go out during the middle of the night last night.  His doctor said this might happen but it seriously sucks.  Bad timing dog!

I have an unreasonable love for Ed Sheeran.  I'm almost old enough to be his mom.  But I live and breathe everything he says.  :)

• Options
    @oncape100615
    OMG I DESPISE BIRTHFIT
    They spread some really bad messaging and actually give terrible pregnancy exercise advice. They have stolen a lot of their stuff from one of my mentors without credit and it is super frustrating for her because they are misconstruing her information and causing damage to many women. It's organizations like that , that give chiropractors a bad name (they are all chiropractors, NOT trained fitness professionals)

@andipandicWed121369
    I was freaking out about ~12 weeks, 10 might send me over the edge haha
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    26 weeks - head of lettuce, roll of toilet paper

2) How are you feeling?
    Not too bad.. still have my sore back.. not sleeping great at night.. today was tough. I think someone told me not to go to a funeral while pregnant - not something you can always avoid.. but yes.. if possible, don't let anyone pass away while you're pregnant. I was a mess at a funeral today.. but I got to be a pallbearer, so that was pretty cool. 

Felix Robin William - my mother-in-law hasn't been told the name yet. We were at her house and she mentioned that her daughter has a friend who named their son Felix and she couldn't get over that someone would pick the name felix.. That it must have been a family name b/c it was so old. 
    I played it cool, said I liked the name, but if I was going to go with an old name, I'd pick the name Ephraim (great-grandpa's name, although I never met him). MIL stared at me blankly and said she'd never heard of that name or that it was a name. DH's grandma who was also there chuckled and agreed, that it was an old name. HAHA! I got a kick out of that conversation.. but the name Ephraim has been on my mind a lot lately.. so weird.

I haven't worked on the nursery.. we keep getting hand-me-downs, which is awesome, I've just been dumping them in the room. My SIL & her boyfriend are amazing artists.. they spoiled me and painted most of the mural.. since then, I haven't had the motivation to continue on my own lol. We're buying a crib this week or next. :)

GD appointment yesterday, hopefully everything comes back clear. My sugar crashed HUGE about 4 or 5 hours after taking the drink. 
    I had my birthing class Saturday. It was boring.. I'm still waiting for an appointment time with my doula.. 

I don't think I have any this week

I follow Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day) and his wife on Twitter, they are just such cool down to earth people. I love that they've been married for 24 years, not something you see in Hollywood.
    I started following Girls Gone Strong. They talk a bit about exercising during pregnancy, pelvic floor and diastis recti. I'm definitely interested in learning more! 
  • Options
    @failuretofly Interesting! I found the woman who spoke at the strength summit (her name is escaping me) to have some really interesting information/points of view, which is how I started following. I've grabbed maybe 2 or 3 workouts from them but I'm definitely not "drinking their kool-aid" so to speak. And to be truthful, the workouts weren't anything different than stuff I was already doing, more just nice to have a routine laid out and not have to put my own brain power into one LOL. I feel like nowadays it's SO EASY to produce content that the public has to really be careful to find quality information (which is kind of frustrating). Thanks for the FYI :)

@dilbert890 I LOVE the Girls Gone Strong. Everything I've seen from them have been such wonderful messages for women and moms to be. They are really passionate about their brand and empowering women.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 27 weeks

2) How are you feeling? pretty good, but stuffy today

no, we haven't, and the nursery needs a lot of work!

4) Any appointments this week/last? next week--GD test, rhogam shot, and then I'll be on every 2 weeks.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? none this time!

I mostly follow friends and family, but on Insta, I like @testkitchen and @shutterbean and @pregnantchicken . I don't think it's changed much, but I do AWWW more at the baby brands I follow (mostly for giveaways).

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    @oncape100615 that's awesome to hear!! I wish I wasn't so cheap and could justify buying their program(s). One day perhaps...
  • Options
    @dilbert890 @oncape100615 GGS is awesome and all of their programs are so well researched and supported. I hope to do their pre/postnatal certification one day!