December 2017 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change 9/21

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) Have you settled on baby's name? How is the nursery coming along?

4) Any appointments this week/last?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: What are your plans for after the baby is born? Are you going back to work or staying at home?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 9/21

• Options
    Since I have some down time at work, I'll start us off. :)

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 27 weeks- cauliflower, bunch of bananas, Fennec fox

2) How are you feeling? Pretty good. Not sleeping very well, but I'm hoping the pregnancy pillow I ordered (set to arrive today!) will help. Very tired- I need a nap every day when I come home from work.

Yes- Elizabeth! I always knew this would be my girl's name, so this was an easy decision for DH and me. Nursery's coming along well- all the furniture is in place, we don't need to paint, and we just need to hang up the wall decor. 

4) Any appointments this week/last? Appt. tomorrow- I think next week (28 weeks) I'll go in for my GD test, Rhogam shot, etc. After tomorrow I'll start 2x/month appointments- getting close!

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave- Feeling the baby kick/move/squirm more and more frequently- it's still the best feeling! Also, I'm leaving town tomorrow for my baby shower and to see family. MIL is treating DH and me to a really nice dinner tomorrow night, then a mani/pedi on Saturday. Sunday is my baby shower, and I'm so excited about the turn-out and to get a chance to see everyone! Rant- it's getting harder and harder to shave my legs. Ugh.

6) GTKY: What are your plans for after the baby is born? Are you going back to work or staying at home?
    I'm up in the air right now. I'm not closing any doors and making any final decisions, so I'm proceeding as though I'll be going back to work after my 12 week FMLA leave ends. However, I'm becoming more and more comfortable with staying at home instead if I'm not ready to go back. 12 weeks just seems so early to put a baby into daycare, so we'll see.

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 28 weeks- Eggplant!

2) How are you feeling? So far so good although sleep hasn't been great.  I think it has to do with a combination of the weather, my stuffy nose, and stress at work, but I'm sure the extra weight isn't helping.

According to my DH, yes.  I am still thinking about it, but it may end up being the winner.  The nursery is coming along.  We have the crib/dresser/glider, but I don't think I'll end up doing a lot more until my shower in mid-Oct.  I'm sure at that point I'll feel rushed to finish, but I want to see what we get from the shower before I start buying more stuff.

4) Any appointments this week/last? I had my glucose test this morning.  It definitely was not as bad as I thought it would be - although I'm starting to crash from all the sugar.  My next doctor appointment is Tuesday so hopefully I'll get some clarification on the upcoming shots (flu/Tdap) so I can plan them out.  

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? I second the rant on it getting harder to shave my legs! It is so uncomfortable.  As for my rave - probably knowing that it's getting close and although I'm a bit stressed by all the planning and hospital classes and decisions to make, I'm excited that each day is another step towards meeting our baby girl.

I am planning to take off 6 months and then head back to work.  I need to lock the timeframe down with my boss and confirm my benefits while on leave.  Since my boss and I are so busy, I'm not sure when we'll have time to meet, but it's one thing that definitely needs to get done.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? I an 29 weeks now, he is the size of a Barbie car

2) How are you feeling? Actually pretty good. For now a lot of the leg cramps have subsided. I do have pain to the touch in the abdomen, making it hard to sleep. As I roll on my side my belly actually hurts with pressure on it. I think it is just muscles and such stretching and growing. 

Yes, we have been settled for awhile on Mason! The nursery is not coming along as we are still in the process of closing on our house and moving to another. One more week and we will be moving in and I can finally start getting the nu! rsery together! This has been a huge stress as I have not been able to nest at all! On a side note I found the most adorable baby dragon crib mobile today! I can't wait to get it all together! 

4) Any appointments this week/last? Last week was the 28wk check-up with the GD test. I was terrified of failing, but passed and was soooooo relieved. I am anemic though and got started on iron. Also, we have now made it to the every other week appointment, which felt like a huge step! 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant- I too am on board with the shaving rant, only I can still shave my legs with a lot of effort but I haven't seen my vag in so many weeks its getting harder and harder to shave! For me its a must to be groomed there and it's driving me insane because I can't tell what I am doing!! Rave - Passed the GD test, that was a huge one!!

I have to go back to work. With buying the new house there is no way I could go without getting paid. Along with that my work only covers 66% of leave for 6-8 weeks and 0% after that if you take FMLA. So, basically after six weeks I will probably be back to work, even though none of us will be ready for it!

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    26 weeks, a butternut squash

2) How are you feeling?
    Tired, so bloody sick of work. ugh

Nope and nope.

4) Any appointments this week/last?
    regular appointment last week. Nothing interesting, for which I am thankful. 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Starting to get ankle swelling. Not bad and goes away in the morning but bleh. Makes the walk to the evening bus less pleasant.
    My twin sister moves in next week! We have been looking forward to this for months. She is moving from West coast to East coast for a career change and is staying with us for the next year or so. Squee!

I'm taking 6 months of leave, then definitely going back to work just maybe not the same firm.

@Mandayno I think I want her belly, that looks like fun.