January 2018 Moms

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • @JuliaGoolia719 Do you not get weekends off?!?!?! OMG. I'd die regardless working 12 hour days. 
    @sbishop426 My WTF was also going to be the weather. It's September 20th and will be 90 this week in Ohio. It's no fun (worse pregnant). 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @bainidhedub that outfit is so cute, and you know I think so because I've totally already (unnecessarily lol) purchased it too!

WTF to DS2: for the best 6 days he's been screaming bloody murder for almost 4 hours straight between 12am and 4am.  No one in this house is sleeping and I'm ready to die.  He's always been my super easy baby, even as a newborn he never had day night confusion (which is super common and DS1 definitely had), so I 100% do not get what is going on right now.  But it needs to stop.
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @katieel and that is when I would turn the monitor volume off and ear plugs in. haha. mom of the year over here. haha

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • KatieElKatieEl member
    edited September 2017
    @supercoolstephy girl, I am with you! except it keeps waking up DS1 who then goes in to try to comfort him (sweet, but....)
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @KatieEl How old is he?
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @EmilyLove25 almost 20 months
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @KatieEl DS is 22 months... I think. Gah. I'm so bad at the month thing. 2 in November. Anyway... I think he went through a super crummy sleep thing around 20 months. I feel like it was short lived though. He woke up every night for a week, he'd go back to sleep though, but it was highly unusual for him as he has been sleeping through the night since 9 months. Maybe it's an age thing.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @supercoolstephy good to know; hopefully this only lasts a week, b/c if it's much longer I don't know if any of us will survive! 
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @sbishop426 and @EmilyLove25 - Another for the weather. It's supposed to be high 80s/90 for the next week and a half at least and I hate it so much! We always get a week or two of really pretty Fall weather and then mother nature cranks the temp back up. I'm over it and am ready to wear jeans without sweating through them if I have to be outside for 3 minutes. Plus I'm ready to pull my booties back out.
  • Weird, @KatieEl. DD just did the same thing last night. Thankfully it wasn't for that long (off and on for about an hour), but it was SO out of character for her. Like, full-blown screaming, when there was nothing wrong. The only thing that I can attribute it to is maybe a nightmare? But I also know that DD is probably way too young to be having nightmares already (she's also 20 months). But, she has also been REALLY scared of things lately. Anything loud has become "scary" to her, so I don't know...
  • Sorry @KatieEl. Sleeping pregnant is bad enough without adding into a screaming non sleeping toddler
  • @cyanope @KatieEl DD had a brief period of similar behavior around age 2 and it was night terrors, which are different than nightmares. It was so, so stressful, but she grew out of it.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• I feel like everyone I know with kids says they're sleeping like crap this week... like 80% of my S14 BMB and their older and younger ones too... can we blame the moon or something?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Kansas is also in the middle of one last spike in temperature -- it drops back into the 70s and Monday and then stays in fall temps (60s and 70s) for the foreseeable forecast. It is the best forecast. 60s is my favorite weather, we can turn the A/C off again (we had two beautiful weeks of open windows!) and go back to chilly nights. So stoked. 

My WTF today is how boring my current networking chapter is. Usually by Wednesday I'm done with my reading, my chapter test, and am ready to knock out the homework and lab on Wednesday night and Thursday. I'm only about halfway through the current chapter (implementing intrusion prevention) because it's just... not sticking in my brain at all. 
  • My wtf is my DD has outgrown 18 month old clothes basically overnight . They fit fine and now boom all too small ... and naturally 2t is a little big . I wouldn't care except I have no energy to go through her closet and switch everything out and I know DH wouldn't even know where to start ... sigh
  • @EmilyLove25 no weekends off right now. Normally if I'm "deployed" somewhere for work I'd work 23 days with potentially 1 day off, but with the hurricanes we're so busy that basically my whole dept is working back to back deployments, so essentially 6 weeks, with a weekend off in the middle to go home ifvthey want. Since I'm at home and not on the road I don't mind giving up the weekend since I'll be doing 5 instead of 6 weeks lol. 

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• @katieel molars? Night terrors? 2 year sleep regression? DS hit all 3 of these. I must say that 4 hours is insane! Poor kid and poor you!
  • @KatieEl, DD2, who is almost 4, has been having a rough time at night, too. She's been in our bed every night this week. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @supercoolstephy I literally lol'd out loud at your comment. That seriously blows but it'll be a great story/sweet revenge when he gets his first girl friend.  :D I'm clearly going to be a terrible mother! 
  • @BelhurstBride it's so hard when they're not sleeping well!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • I know it's early Friday morning but I have a WTF Wednesday bc my app has been down since Wednesday morning... but it's finally back up and running and let me log in again. Mobile bumping sucks!
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018