December 2017 Moms

TTGP Grad Check In 9/21

What's up you guys?  Anything new and exciting happening?  How are those babies?

Re: TTGP Grad Check In 9/21

• Loading the player...
  • @wabash15
    Nope, he didnt like it. It was Aurelia for the record, which i think is beautiful! 
    AAaaaannnd omg I didn't even notice that! When did we get below 100??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @failuretofly sorry DH didn't like it. I'm glad being less than 100 days away freaks someone else out also!
        I think I might have finally converted DH on my current top girl name choice (ruth) we went through baby names the other night and every other time he has outright vetoed it and this time he said he would be OK with it. So we still have a ways to go before we finally pick but this is progress!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @wabash15 YOU GOT YOUR VAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!  I'm so happy for you!  One thing to check off the list :)
    I hope you and your husband make it through you being gone for a week. That's a long time, but you can do it!
    @failuretofly sorey your hubs didn't like that name. I think it's really cool, if that's any consolation ;)
    You guys, we are SOCLOSE to the end of this thing and it's terrifying. 
  • @breezybee Ahhh yay for move-in day! I'm so glad you got to fire your crappy contractor. And I'm glad your friendship isn't totally doomed to fail. I can see why it would be hard for her to get those sympathetic comments every time you guys hang out in a group.
    @failuretofly I love that name! So exciting that you got your leave all straightened out!
    @wabash15 Hopefully your week away goes smoothly (I mean, as smoothly as it can!). Sorry you're dealing with those annoying comments. People need to shut up. Also, I think Ruth is adorable!

AFM, I don't have much to add. I've said how "huge" I am multiple times but realistically I know I'm not that big yet and that I'll get sooo much bigger by the end. But the discomfort is starting. It's not constant, but sometimes when I'm sitting or I'm in bed I just can't find any position that's comfortable at all. Also the shortness of breath and even muscle tiredness are awful. I need to take more walks, I think.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @breezybee I'm so glad the move to going well.  I can't wait for you to be in your new home and can get settled!  Also - I'm glad you were able to talk to your friend.  I can see how she wouldn't like that, but I'm glad that she still wants to hang out with you.  
    @failuretofly Ugh, I need to get my leave figured out.  I don't even know where to begin.  I want as long as possible.....
    @wabash15 So glad you're enjoying the new van! Try not to punch the people who are making the comments about how big you are.  
    @MJDsquared Yes to the discomfort.  For me, laying down usually helps and sitting for long periods of time usually don't.  I'm hoping to up the amount of yoga I do and that it helps.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • @Marley629 I'm sorry you're still dealing with the sickness and sciatica too. :( FX for good results on your glucose test!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @breezybee Glad to hear packing is going better than expected! One of my most dreaded jobs. Looks like we are putting all that on the shelf for now. I don't know what is going on around here, but we could find nothing and have been looking since April? It's ridiculous. Glad you also made some progress with your friend. I hope things can return to somewhat normal (a new normal) for you both eventually.

@wabash15 Your leaving will definitely be harder on you than them! Kids are fine with that, but we are the ones who get all the guilt and tears! lol They will be with someone who loves them and takes wonderful care of them. We did our first vacation away from DS last year, and while I was nervous/guilty, he was with my mom and they had great fun. Enjoy your quiet moments during the trip :)  And yay to a new van!!

@failuretofly FWIW I love that name and had it on my "someday" list. However, it doesn't really go with our last name, and I fear it would be butchered to death around here so we won't be using it. But it is beautiful.

@MJDsquared The soreness is hitting me too. I've given up in bed in the morning because no matter how I move, my hips are just sore. I remember that being my big discomfort issue last time too. That plus tailbone, ugh.

@Marley629 So sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope you can find some good cleaners soon. I would so do the exact same thing. FX for a good scan and no monster size babies! lol

AFM I kind of updated a little in the old thread, but things are moving. Still no new info from my work, so I'm just waiting and going to take some classes in the meantime. We have pretty much put finding a house on the back burner at this point. There is just nothing. It's been insane this year. I should say there have been houses, but nothing that we are remotely interested in. So frustrating.

Currently DH and I are at a standstill on names. We are down to 2, one that I have wanted to use for ages (and he was on board with previously, had DS been a girl) and one that he suggested this time around.  I do like both names and would consider his name, but the irrational part of me is kind of annoyed that I have given thought to baby names for years, have recently scanned thousands of names, made lots of suggestions, lists, etc., only for him to basically veto them all and come to the table with only one alternative. He says he likes both names, but he has said negative things about "my" name and hasn't really given the go ahead or given me any preference which I think I stupidly expected being the one carrying and giving birth to this baby lol. The petty, irrational side of me says if I go with his name then I feel like I didn't get to "pick" myself, and it oddly annoys me that he can stroll in with one name and no effort and get to use it. Total FWP, I know. I just want us to both be happy with it!

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17
  • @Marley629 damn I'm sorry you feel like crap. Sciatica sucks! I hurt my back as a teenager and had a lot of sciatica issues. Take it easy if you can. I got a cleaning service to clean our apartment when we bought our house because we had 24 hours from when we signed on the house to when we had to be out of our apartment. it was AMAZING. there was no way I was getting all that cleaning done on my own. I hope your able to find a company to work with you.
    @alysapuggles sorry no word on the work front. I get that frustration too... DH does not contribute to the name list but is also super picky. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @alysapuggles that is exactly how I feel about picking names with my DH! He puts zero effort in, just vetoes everything I pick. He has yet to offer a serious suggestion. It's so frustrating!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @alysapuggles Ugh, I hope you get the name situation sorted out. Actually, I hope you end up going with the name you want, since you put in a lot more effort!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @Marley629 I'm so sorry you're still feeling awful. I feel like this pregnancy has been so hard on you.  We're almost done!  You are such a trooper. 
    @alysapuggles its hard to find somewhere new!  We were just sort of looking nice and or offer got accepted on t his place. I've been looking since, and haven't seen ANYTHING on the market that I would even consider moving in to.  And my husband is the same way about names. He doesn't contribute any, but hates all the ones I tell him. We finally came to the girls names because those were the only ones he liked!  You'll find something. Whether it's before the baby comes is TBD lol