February 2018 Moms

Sh*t my SO/ILs/Anyone Says

Re: Sh*t my SO/ILs/Anyone Says

• Not anywhere near as bad as @TattoosandLace MIL but I got a text from mine that said this...

I love getting a daily (nephew's name) picture.  I hope you'll send me a daily Jacob picture.

ummmmm just no.  Ain't nobody got time for that.  Plus I texted my SIL that also married into the family to ask if she did that with hers and she said hell no.  So only one of the SIL's is doing it.  Not a family thing.
  • @TattoosandLace um didn't you know you're totally in charge of birth control since you have the uterus *eye roll* 

my MIL did and still does blame my nieces mom because she wasn't on birth control. Not like semen from her son was involved or anything. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @TattoosandLace that totally makes sense why you aren't telling her anything.  What a sucky thing to do to you guys with the past pregnancies,  and to imply that the baby want planned... 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • @chucksmom15 lol, what? DAILY PICTURES?

It is judgemental of me to say that I think the only reason your SIL would send daily pictures of her child is so that your MIL will tell her how cute and special they are?

Oh well, I said it anyway.
  • Not anywhere near as bad as @TattoosandLace MIL but I got a text from mine that said this...

I love getting a daily (nephew's name) picture.  I hope you'll send me a daily Jacob picture.

ummmmm just no.  Ain't nobody got time for that.  Plus I texted my SIL that also married into the family to ask if she did that with hers and she said hell no.  So only one of the SIL's is doing it.  Not a family thing.
    That's why I just have a private album on Facebook. My MIL gets to see stuff there. 
  • They are super close @sugarcoateddonut and talk every day so it's not a big deal for her.

I think I am going to do a Tiny Beans account.  My brother and his wife did one and it's nice.  They post once and anyone they have given permission to can see the pictures and videos.  Either way Im not promising anyone daily pictures.  
  • @chucksmom15 yeah daily photos seems like a unreasonable request for sure. 
  • @chucksmom15 My mom suggested Tiny Beans. Which is weird because she's computer illiterate...must've been a friend who told her about it. I'll look into that too!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Every day photos are ridiculous. 
  • @chucksmom15 My mom suggested Tiny Beans. Which is weird because she's computer illiterate...must've been a friend who told her about it. I'll look into that too!
    It's really neat and my mom is totally computer illiterate so it's easy to use.  You can control who has access and they can download photos if they want to print them.
  • I've been trying to convince my MiL to get Facebook so I don't have to constantly send her photos that I've uploaded. She hates Facebook to the extreme, thinks it makes us all narsassic attention whores. Hahahah, but I'm like, doesn't it make it easier on me to post a picture in one place and have everyone that wants to see it, see it. Instead of having to individually text or email a list of people the same photo. 

So far I've had no luck. Maybe once the baby comes and I refuse to text her pictures she'll be more willing to listen. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been trying to convince my MiL to get Facebook so I don't have to constantly send her photos that I've uploaded. She hates Facebook to the extreme, thinks it makes us all narsassic attention whores. Hahahah, but I'm like, doesn't it make it easier on me to post a picture in one place and have everyone that wants to see it, see it. Instead of having to individually text or email a list of people the same photo. 

So far I've had no luck. Maybe once the baby comes and I refuse to text her pictures she'll be more willing to listen. 
    My mom didn't want Facebook! And fought us about getting it! Her first 3 grandkids all lived within 15 minutes so she could just go and visit if she wanted to see them. But when my son was born (we live 28 hours away) she was all for Facebook so that she could see lots of pictures of him (we usually just group text them now since I don't share as much online anymore). So when baby gets here she might change her mind!
  • Was just walking down the hall at my office and I hear "Not to be rude, but you're getting so big so fast. Do you feel that way?" 

I'm in my office now trying not to cry and rage because I was already sensitive about looking so pregnant so soon in my first pregnancy. 
  • ash0625 said:
    Was just walking down the hall at my office and I hear "Not to be rude, but you're getting so big so fast. Do you feel that way?" 

I'm in my office now trying not to cry and rage because I was already sensitive about looking so pregnant so soon in my first pregnancy. 
    Hugs! People suck. The end. And it doesn't get any better when they tell you that in your third pregnancy either :/ You just get used to it after a while
  • @ash0625 I will stab them for you for real. 

So I haven't talked to MIL since we told her the baby is a boy. Her entire response was about her, no congratulations to us or "I know you were hoping for a girl but you're going to love being a boy mom!" Which is what most people said. 100% all about how happy she was and that's what she wanted and the family name gets carried blah blah

Anyway I recently sent ILs a picture and made a comment about how DD totally got whatever she was doing from my side of the family. I kid you not MIL was like "well actually she's a foley". I didn't respond for a while but then I was like "maybe you forgot how this works since it's been a while but she is half my daughter. You know I grew and birthed her." She didn't respond which is good for her. I posted a petty picture on my brothers wall today and tagged DH and my parents so I know she'll see it. I was like check out that P concentration. 
  • ash0625 said:
    Was just walking down the hall at my office and I hear "Not to be rude, but you're getting so big so fast. Do you feel that way?" 

Throat punching or stabbing is in order!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Throat punches for for so many idiots this week.  Sorry someone said that to you @ash0625.  Your MIL is a peach @SarahFoley725.  My MIL pulled the same shit with DS for about a year--finally DH snapped at her and told her how hurtful it was when she was constantly saying DS was so much like HER side of the family.  I am super proud that you called your MIL out!! 
  • Thanks, guys. I'm usually pretty thick skinned so I don't know why this is bothering me so much. I get so tired of the idea that my body is open for comment even when I'm NOT pregnant. I'm not sure growing a child some how makes my body an appropriate topic of conversation. Feel like I'm going to have to start reminding people. 
  • ash0625 said:
    Thanks, guys. I'm usually pretty thick skinned so I don't know why this is bothering me so much. I get so tired of the idea that my body is open for comment even when I'm NOT pregnant. I'm not sure growing a child some how makes my body an appropriate topic of conversation. Feel like I'm going to have to start reminding people. 
    YES! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. A throat punch is totally in order. I flat out asked my parents when it became ok to comment about my weight or ask to see my belly. My mother said that my being pregnant made it ok. I went off. I told her that being pregnant made it even LESS ok. What is wrong with people???
  • @SarahFoley725 I'm bracing myself for similar "ownership", even from H. He's half mine and no one better forget it! Good for you for standing up for yourself!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited September 2017
    @ash0625 When someone starts with "Not to be rude" you know it's gonna be throat punch-worthy. Why people feel they can say anything is beyond me. Hugs, girl. You look great ;)
    This!!! It's right up there with saying "no offense" at the beginning of a sentence. That doesn't give people free reign to say whatever they want!!

Sorry @ash0625. She sounds like a real piece of work.

ETA: I apparently can't spell.
  • @SarahFoley725 well, Guess who just earned herself a spot on MIL island...

@ash0625 I'm glad you went to Hr. 
  • MIL actually commented on the picture I posted and said "it's a S (her maiden name) thing too!) so DD is part her but not part me  :D
  • MIL actually commented on the picture I posted and said "it's a S (her maiden name) thing too!) so DD is part her but not part me  :D
    Well ain't she a peach. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• @ash0625 That would make me super mad!! I don't get why people think they need to comment on a pregnant woman's body at all!! 

@SarahFoley725 your MIL would try my patience!! At least you are comfortable enough to stand up to her! That makes a huge difference! 
    Efffff that!
  • krrjmommykrrjmommy member
    edited September 2017
  • I haven't been super active on this board since my pregnancy has been pretty great overall, but I needed to vent today.

I was standing at my desk today and both my manage and a co-worker decided to comment on my belly, saying how there's no hiding my pregnancy anymore. Whatever. Then my coworker asks how many weeks I am (18). Then she says how most pregnant women she knows were not as big as I am until they were 7 or 8 months along. I really think this normally wouldn't bother me since I love my belly, but hormones have been hitting me strong lately. Sorry my uterus is the size of a cantaloupe and my I don't have room in my body to hide it anymore...

I know this is a recurring theme and nothing new to everyone here, but I really don't understand why it people think it's appropriate to comment on my body. At least if you say something, make it a compliment. 

Thanks for the vent! ☺
  • eggplantfaceeggplantface member
    edited September 2017
    @RaeleenD Sorry you had to hear that! I think when women become pregnant to some people we cease being humans and start being just incubators so people feel they can comment on our bodies.

Edited to make it clear they can NOT comment on our bodies!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @raeleenD Even though it people make ahole comments a lot--it doesn't make it hurt any less when something is said to you.  Sorry you had to hear that today!
  • I was at a football game this weekend when the bathroom attendant asked if I was 8 months.  Oh and the male worker who was in the bathroom talking to her asked if he could touch my belly.  

• @RaeleenD Some people have no idea how inappropriate or annoying things are... if you're not gonna say something nice (or helpful), then just don't! Seriously, what was she trying to get across comparing your bump to someone further along! I'm sorry you had to deal with that!

@chucksmom15 Well.... at least he asked to touch it? No. Just no. 
  • @clc515 he put his hand on me right after he asked.  I politely removed it.  I'm still wondering why he was in the women's restroom???
  • @chucksmom15 Oooh he actually did, yuck. Maybe it's an Ally McBeal-esque coed restroom to promote team building lol. But no. Just no.
  • clc515 said:
    @chucksmom15 Oooh he actually did, yuck. Maybe it's an Ally McBeal-esque coed restroom to promote team building lol. But no. Just no.
    Nope.  It was the women's restroom.  
  • Thanks for the support @eggplantface, @magnolia305, and @clc515. I think people would interact so much better if people put a little thought into what they say before saying it.

@chucksmom15 that is SO inappropriate. I'm not sure how I would react to someone touching me without my permission. I'm sorry that happened to you. I can't wrap my head around people like that....who wants to touch a stranger at all, anyway?!